Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Walgreens FAR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walgreens FAR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2012, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Walgreens FAR

Walgreen's is 2 miles per dollar at the Skymiles mall right now.

There are three diabetic testing meters that are free after rebate, all on the same form. Total is over $25 for free shipping too. (Sales tax is added)

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/pro...s/N=361885-118

Rebate form: http://www.walgreens.com/images/pdfs...BGMSRebate.pdf
(Up to $69.97 if all three are purchased)

* Please donate to a local charity or senior center if you can't use them.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 7:40 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kathiel
Walgreen's is 2 miles per dollar at the Skymiles mall right now.

There are three diabetic testing meters that are free after rebate, all on the same form. Total is over $25 for free shipping too. (Sales tax is added)

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/pro...s/N=361885-118

Rebate form: http://www.walgreens.com/images/pdfs...BGMSRebate.pdf
(Up to $69.97 if all three are purchased)

United offers 6 miles/ $ right now on this. I may as well. Thanks for the links!
Old Oct 8, 2012, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by kathiel
The companies make their money off selling the testing strips for these, like selling a razor handle very cheap but charging huge amounts for the blades or selling a cheap printer with very expensive ink refills. Hopefully donations will be able to be used.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 8:53 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by ejh25
United offers 6 miles/ $ right now on this. I may as well. Thanks for the links!
Odd, I only see 4 miles/$.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 11:43 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
The companies make their money off selling the testing strips for these, like selling a razor handle very cheap but charging huge amounts for the blades or selling a cheap printer with very expensive ink refills. Hopefully donations will be able to be used.
Doc Savage is right on the money.
It looks like we buy this stuff for miles/points and donate it.

RM
Old Oct 9, 2012, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by diburning
Odd, I only see 4 miles/$.
I was offered 6 miles/$ through the Mileage Plus Shopping Assistant that I downloaded yesterday.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
In the past my son has only been allowed one every two years on insurance. We would need to buy a second for school or other places. I imagine seniors on Medicare are in the same boat and allowed only one. I'm sure they will be used if donated.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Rumeli
Doc Savage is right on the money.
It looks like we buy this stuff for miles/points and donate it.

RM
I'm donating mine for sure.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by ejh25
I was offered 6 miles/$ through the Mileage Plus Shopping Assistant that I downloaded yesterday.
FWIW I just downloaded/installed the Mileage Plus Shopping Assistant, and for me the offer is 4 miles/$. I don't have any of the special credit cards or anything, if that makes a difference.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:37 pm

topcashback.com appears to offer 10% for Walgreens "Home Medical Supplies & Equipment", approximately enough to cover sales tax in even the worst US tax districts.

However, topcashback has a lot of negative reviews on cashbackholic.com, and I don't think I'd ever seen their name before a few minutes ago. So, I certainly can't vouch for them. Also, be aware that many of these cash back sites have very inconvenient rules for paying out. They may take 90 days to pay, require a minimum balance, insist on paying by paypal, etc.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
FWIW I just downloaded/installed the Mileage Plus Shopping Assistant, and for me the offer is 4 miles/$. I don't have any of the special credit cards or anything, if that makes a difference.
That is odd. I do have the UA Chase Mileage Plus card but did not use it for the purchase.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by skynerd
topcashback.com appears to offer 10% for Walgreens "Home Medical Supplies & Equipment", approximately enough to cover sales tax in even the worst US tax districts.

However, topcashback has a lot of negative reviews on cashbackholic.com, and I don't think I'd ever seen their name before a few minutes ago. So, I certainly can't vouch for them. Also, be aware that many of these cash back sites have very inconvenient rules for paying out. They may take 90 days to pay, require a minimum balance, insist on paying by paypal, etc.
I use TopCashBack. It works but the cycle is long (~90 days).
Old Oct 9, 2012, 2:54 pm

I read this as only one rebate per household. I do not think you can purchase all of them and get the rebate. Unless you can supply different addresses for them.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Look on the rebate form. It says: RECEIVE: Full price rebate by mail (Maximum rebate of $67.97 if all three purchased)

The thing I'm a bit worried about is the rebate form. It says original form required. I went to my local walgreens and didn't see a rebate form. I don't know if the printout will disqualify it.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by diburning
The thing I'm a bit worried about is the rebate form. It says original form required. I went to my local walgreens and didn't see a rebate form. I don't know if the printout will disqualify it.
I'm pretty sure that refers to the form you fill out (i.e. print out the form, fill it in, and send in the original NOT a photocopy of the form you fill in).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.