Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Save on the price of Gasoline with Shell Gas station's Fuel Rewards Network program!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Save on the price of Gasoline with Shell Gas station's Fuel Rewards Network program!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine

Shell's Fuel Rewards Network gives you discounts on gasoline by shopping at participating grocery stores, retailers, restaurants, Shell stations and online merchants to earn Fuel Rewards savings.

Right now they're having a contest that if you sign up through the promotion below, you can spin to save a minimum of 5 cents off per gallon, up to the highest prize of free fuel for an entire year:

https://spintosave.com/

Discounts/Fuel Rewards are stackable on the Fuel Rewards you earn through participating grocery stores, retailers, restaurants, Shell stations and online merchants to earn Fuel Rewards savings.

It takes about a week to receive your plastic Shell Fuel Rewards Network card in the mail.

Last edited by Spiff; Jul 22, 2012 at 11:17 am Reason: removed undisclosed referral link
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:51 am

Thanx! Not bad. I'm leaving in 2 days for a 2 wk vacation to FL & SC w/ SO. An all Hertz vacation from NY. After picking up rewards card @ a station I will combine this w/ the AMEX promo($5 off 25 @ Shell) & will be great for my NFL Points MC which has a promo for 5x the points. I'm also going to sign my SO up for both the AMEX & Shell being that she now has my Hilton AMEX.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 4:47 am

Programs: AA, BA, delta
spun that sucker a dozen times, only got a nickel each time. anyone else have better luck?
Old Aug 11, 2012, 8:55 am
Suspended

Thanks for the information!
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by ohnodapopo
spun that sucker a dozen times, only got a nickel each time. anyone else have better luck?
I had one that was $0.25 and a few that were $0.20 (signed up the whole family).
Old Aug 11, 2012, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by ohnodapopo
Just keep spinning!
Old Aug 11, 2012, 4:41 pm

After signing up it seems worthless (after using it for the discount of course). After signing up several loyalty cards, it said that my email is not valid.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by mommafrica
After signing up it seems worthless (after using it for the discount of course). After signing up several loyalty cards, it said that my email is not valid.
They don't offer loyalty card options in my area. However, they do have many restaurants in the area where I can earn points. I've registered a card that I have registered with other programs as well, and it seems to accept it thus far, so double-dipping may be possible.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 3:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by kipper
However, they do have many restaurants in the area where I can earn points. I've registered a card that I have registered with other programs as well, and it seems to accept it thus far, so double-dipping may be possible.
I'm skeptical double-dipping (Fuel RN and Airline RN) would work, but registered my CC anyway.

Overall, I'm iffy on the whole prospect after getting rejected on my 'spin' discount at Shell during today's fill-up...but happy to try again and be pleasantly surprised.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

Signed up, however I don't think this is worth my time because my local shell: $3.79/gal. Local no name option, $3.61
Old Aug 18, 2012, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
I'm skeptical double-dipping (Fuel RN and Airline RN) would work, but registered my CC anyway.

Overall, I'm iffy on the whole prospect after getting rejected on my 'spin' discount at Shell during today's fill-up...but happy to try again and be pleasantly surprised.
I have yet to try it, but will post either way when I do try it.
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Signed up, however I don't think this is worth my time because my local shell: $3.79/gal. Local no name option, $3.61
It depends on how much of a discount you can get. Our local Shell is the same price as other options in the area, so it works well for me.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
It depends on how much of a discount you can get. Our local Shell is the same price as other options in the area, so it works well for me.
I have many Shells in the area (Northern VA) but they have to be participating in the program. When I search on the website for those that participate, I get nothing within a 200 mile radius.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by fungirl
I have many Shells in the area (Northern VA) but they have to be participating in the program. When I search on the website for those that participate, I get nothing within a 200 mile radius.
I get the same results in southern California. This doesn't help me at all...
Old Aug 20, 2012, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by whowong:19158560
Originally Posted by fungirl
I get the same results in southern California. This doesn't help me at all...
Same thing showed up with nothing in my area, but when I was at a shell nearby, the pump prompted me to swipe my fuel rewards card if I had one. So I wouldnt put all my faith in what the website shows.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 4:34 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
One of the area grocery stores gives you $0.10 off a gallon at Shell for every $100 you spend there. It's a one time savings, but depending on how much you spend, it can add up pretty quick.

While not shell, citgo also offers free gas through their good rewards program with visa. Register your visa credit or debit card, and for every 8 times you put in $20 or more, they send you a $15 gas card. If you usually put in $45, you can put in $22 twice and it counts as two visits.

www.citgogoodrewards.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.