Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Conga: Double-dip dining cashback program for SAN, Orange Country -"MOGL"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conga: Double-dip dining cashback program for SAN, Orange Country -"MOGL"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: ALL <LOL>
This is not SPAM, MOGL is completely legit. I live in San Diego, and I've double dipped several times, earning AADVantage Miles, and Cashback! But, with the new elevate points, it gets even sweeter, now you can earn miles through Rewards Network, and Virgin Elevate points through MOGL. They were offering double miles promotion back in February, and I earned almost 1000 elevate points just by dining at some of my favorite local spots (plus the AADVantage miles LOL).

Unfortunately, I have talked to some restaurant owners about MOGL and many of them are not happy - the 10% cash back comes right out of their pockets, plus some pretty hefty maintenance fees to join the program, etc. It's a win for customers and generally a loose for the restaurant so I would expect to see some places drop out of the program. One of the places I double dip at just announced they will be leaving the MOGL program at the end of March (but they are still participating in the Dining Rewards network).

Is it risky giving someone your credit card? Sorta... But MOGL is a legit company and before even getting involved in the miles program I earned over $70 cash back through them in the past year, which comes directly back to whatever card you have registered to them. I generally have all my friends give me cash and I put it on my card so I can reap the cash back, and yes it does include the tip amount in the cash back you get.

MOGL in San Diego has a LOT more restaurants in its program then the dining rewards network that AA, USAir, Alaska and other airlines participate in.

Last edited by Spiff; Mar 20, 2013 at 11:11 pm Reason: No referral link used. Please do not repost your link.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 2:59 pm

Anyone else notice that many restaurants in SAN appear to be leaving Rewards Network in favor of MOGL? I'm trying to keep a mental list of double dip opportunities, in particular for restaurants that I actually enjoy. MOGL also appears to attract better restaurants than RN does. I'm not sure why.

Also, does anyone know when the payout occurs?

Edit to Add: The SO will be happy next few months with some nice dinner dates. 5 UR on Chase freedom + 10% MOGL + 5 miles via UR. I'll just have to keep answering the question "how many points did you get . . .

Last edited by CFFrost; Mar 20, 2013 at 3:09 pm
Old Sep 19, 2013, 12:07 am

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but MOGL appears to have expanded beyond San Diego (I am in LA and there are lots of restaurants here), so I thought it was worth bringing it back.

Perhaps a mod could update the title to remove the specific geographic references?

Originally Posted by CFFrost
Just used Shwanton's link.

Here's mine:

http://mo.gl/1nmb9sa

Thanks!
Just used your link. Here's mine:

http://mo.gl/12eoajs
Old Nov 8, 2013, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Just used kdoughboy's link

Here's mine:

http://mo.gl/1ojdbp

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but MOGL appears to have expanded beyond San Diego (I am in LA and there are lots of restaurants here), so I thought it was worth bringing it back.

Perhaps a mod could update the title to remove the specific geographic references?

Just used your link. Here's mine:

http://mo.gl/12eoajs
Old Jul 26, 2016, 8:13 pm

Just used thehawk75's.

Here's mine. www.mogl.com/1cia3g62
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Just wanted to give this thread another bump because it seems to have expanded nation-wide; they're definitely on the east coast now as well (Philadelphia) and it looks like a great opportunity. There are definitely some restaurants here that used to be on the mileage/hotels rewards network.

I signed up using 33andathird's link; please use mine next:

www.mogl.com/1zw868v
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:50 pm

I used DrRodneyMcKay's. Here's mine:

www.mogl.com/192cnn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.