Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Test drive a car, get a gift card thread?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Test drive a car, get a gift card thread?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2012, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the Acura summary. Looks like you need to do both a test ride at the W then a test drive at the dealer so it's like getting $25 each. Maybe worthwhile if you are staying at the W and work nearby
Old Sep 28, 2012, 5:52 pm
Suspended

This is not what happened to me. I asked them for the test drive card, and you don't need to do a test drive at the hotel. In fact, if you tell the dealer you are not in the market for an Acura and just want the sticker without wasting anyone's time, they will probably just give it to you without the test drive. They did for me.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL, Amex MR
I emailed the W hotel close to my place and they kindly offered to mail me 2 cards.

I took them with my gf to the Acura dealer for a quick test drive and got my 2 stickers. Submitted the codes online and am not waiting the 6-8 weeks.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 1:58 pm

I went to my GMC dealership today and asked the salesman outside to see the Acadia, and I showed him my gift card voucher. He asked if I really wanted to see the car, or just wanted the code number. I actually DID want to check out the car, but otherwise it would have only taken about two minutes to say hello, get the code, and walk back to my van.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by EmilNomel
I went to my GMC dealership today and asked the salesman outside to see the Acadia, and I showed him my gift card voucher. He asked if I really wanted to see the car, or just wanted the code number. I actually DID want to check out the car, but otherwise it would have only taken about two minutes to say hello, get the code, and walk back to my van.
GMC dealership? Meaning it works at any dealer selling Acuras?'
Old Sep 30, 2012, 3:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by maurys
GMC dealership? Meaning it works at any dealer selling Acuras?'
No, there's also currently a promo for a $50 gift card if you test drive a GMC.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:17 am

Oh, missed that. Great to have options
Old Sep 30, 2012, 9:03 pm

promo for a $50 gift card if you test drive a GMC
Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
Only if you have the "unique code" provided to you, I'm guessing from a mailer.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: United 1K|SPG Plat
Originally Posted by kipper
Only if you have the "unique code" provided to you, I'm guessing from a mailer.
I signed up for the NFL contest and got a unique code from the website, something like GMC#######. I did the test drive, got the dealer code, not unique ######, finished the web form and am waiting 2-4 weeks for my gift card. Not the worst test drive for cash, but not the best either.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by 6am at ORD
I signed up for the NFL contest and got a unique code from the website, something like GMC#######. I did the test drive, got the dealer code, not unique ######, finished the web form and am waiting 2-4 weeks for my gift card. Not the worst test drive for cash, but not the best either.
In the contest thread, there are many who also signed up, but never received a unique code.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:41 am

Because of the "one per household" rule on the Acura promotion, I have one extra filled-out card, with dealer sticker already attached. Who wants to swap their GMC test drive for the Acura test drive?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 6:57 pm
Original Member

Are the acura codes from the dealer 8 digits long?
Old Oct 6, 2012, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by sggolf
Are the acura codes from the dealer 8 digits long?
Yes. Mine was 8 digits long too. Went through ok on the website.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 4:12 pm

Acura cards with unique codes.

Update: ALL claimed.

( Hi! I have four extra test drive cards for the W Hotel - Acura promo. If you think you can use them by 10/15/2012 - pm me your address and I will send them out tomorrow. I am in Chicagoland.

Got them at thw W hotel in the Loop. Then I went to the Acura dealership in Naperville and got the dealer sticker, no problem, no test drive. )

Last edited by EmilNomel; Oct 10, 2012 at 6:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.