Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Test drive a car, get a gift card thread?

Test drive a car, get a gift card thread?

Old May 4, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Not yet. Been wondering about that myself.
Old May 10, 2012, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
I did one of these at a Ford dealer about 10 years ago. It was something like a $20 gift card. Salesman said I didn't need to take the drive...he'd just send the paperwork in. Oops, must have forgotten to do it since I never got the gift card.
Still haven't bought a Ford, either.
Old May 12, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AS, AA
Love new car smell

As a new car smell addict, its like a beer drinker getting paid to come to the brewer and taste test a few new brews.
Old May 12, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: HH Gold, MR Silver, PC Platinum, CC Gold
I haven't seen any of these for a while in my area, but, about 15 years ago, there was a test drive for a $50 savings bond. Takes 18 years for that sucker to mature. I will cash it in before I retire. Also got a $25 savings bond from another one. Don't remember what dealerships or brands. I think one was a Dodge Chrysler and one was a Toyota. I'd like to see something with a quicker payoff.
Old May 17, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
Yea! Just received a $25 Visa debit card.
Old May 19, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
My son just received his $25. He was very excited about it since he is just 18 and this was his first foray into this type of thing.
Old May 23, 2012, 7:05 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL
FIAT 500 and $50 gift card

I got a package in the mail inviting me to test drive a FIAT 500 and receive a $50 amazon.com giftcard. The code is on the package, but you can visit fiatgiftcardoffer.com for more info.
Old May 23, 2012, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by DevilsX
I got a package in the mail inviting me to test drive a FIAT 500 and receive a $50 amazon.com giftcard. The code is on the package, but you can visit fiatgiftcardoffer.com for more info.
The website doesn't load for me. Are you sure that's the correct site?
Old May 23, 2012, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kipper
The website doesn't load for me. Are you sure that's the correct site?
It loaded for me. But the offer appears targeted.
Old May 25, 2012, 7:54 pm

$50 chrysler

went for the $50 for driving a town and country offer listed on slickdeals...but before I could do the test drive, I got an email saying my offer code was not valid anymore because it was published on SD and FW.
Then a few days later I noticed the same offer on a banner ad on the side of my yahoo.com mailbox...used the code and got $50 (2 $25 chrysler mastercard giftcards)
so keep an eye to the right on the ads when you check your inbox on yahoo mail
Old Jun 7, 2012, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA, DL, HA, etc
Originally Posted by GGE
I suppose this is a valid point.

I'm not sure I'd let someone test drive a new car if they told me they were only doing it because they really, really wanted/needed a $15 gift card, but...

yeah.
In Atlanta many years ago, we got something like 40,000 Delta miles for test driving a Buick. When two of us got to the dealership, we were met by what looked like a high school kid. He asked if we really wanted to test drive or were just there for the miles. We told him, MILES! He signed the form and we were done. Seems that over the previous days of the deal, people were wasting lots of salesman-hours for testdrives. The salesmen were not amused and I guess were not consulted on the whole deal.

Once I got a $50 Amex card for test driving a vehicle with OnStar in it. The dealer didn't know about the OnStar thing but only had to sign a form. The only vehicle they had with Onstar that qualified was in the back of the lot and blocked in by many cars. We got in, pushed the button and after many minutes got the recording. I asked for directions to a nearby location and the call dropped. The salesman shrugged, signed my form and I left. He was hoping to see how OnStar worked too as he had not tested it yet (he was a new salesman).
Old Jun 7, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA, DL, HA, etc
Originally Posted by fairviewroad
I did one of these at a Ford dealer about 10 years ago. It was something like a $20 gift card. Salesman said I didn't need to take the drive...he'd just send the paperwork in. Oops, must have forgotten to do it since I never got the gift card.
Still haven't bought a Ford, either.
Oh, he sent in the paperwork; perhaps accidently putting his name on the wrong line? :-)
Old Jun 11, 2012, 6:01 am

found it

I found the link for the $50 chrysler test drive again: https://www.activaterewards.com/etestdrive
it is only good for residents of TX,OK,LA,AR,TN,MS
enjoy......
Old Jun 11, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL
For future reference...

If you actually test drive using that website.. (activaterewards) and you received the offer in the mail, just call up the dealership and ask them for their dealership ID and punch that in along with your code on the package sent to you without having to actually go there and test drive
Old Aug 17, 2012, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Dodge is giving away $10 AMEX gift cards for those who come in and do a test drive. Valid thru 9/16/2012

Info is here: http://www.dodgedartroad2vegas.com/testdrive/

Might be worth it if you have a Dodge dealership close by.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.