Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

FINALLY!! Earn Miles for Amazon.com Purchases with Hawaiian Airlines Mileage Mall

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FINALLY!! Earn Miles for Amazon.com Purchases with Hawaiian Airlines Mileage Mall

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: BA, BMI
deleted
Old Sep 7, 2011, 2:46 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by cfischer
1 month is kind of long for a cashback to credit and we are talking about 3-4 separate orders.
A 4-week delay wouldn't be unusual, nor would be 6-8 weeks, especially if the T&Cs warn you to expect that sort of posting window. I suggest waiting until the posting window has passed, and if you are missing miles, simply email them your order details placed via their mall and they should research and credit you. Hopefully won't be needed, but usually reliable if it is.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 6:04 am

Programs: SPG HH AA PLT AS MVPG
Originally Posted by mooper
How many weeks have passed since your latter, non-posting orders were shipped?
Some are as old as 4-5 weeks.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Bought some stuff a couple of weeks ago. Miles posted already.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 4:48 pm

Programs: SPG HH AA PLT AS MVPG
I *THINK* I might have figured out the problem ...

It appears that Amazon will not report the purchase back to HawaiianAir if you merely link through to Amazon and then purchase items that are already in your Amazon basket/cart.

To get the 2-mile-per-dollar credit, you must first empty your Amazon cart (if necessary), link through to Amazon from HawaiianAirMiles shopping portal, and then place items in your basket directly from that link and complete your purchase.

(FYI: I do a lot of internet shopping and use quite a few different shopping rebate sites. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with a merchant refusing to issue credit for a purchase simply because the items were not added into my shopping basket after I navigate through the rebate site.)
Old Sep 9, 2011, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by bruinfan90

It appears that Amazon will not report the purchase back to HawaiianAir if you merely link through to Amazon and then purchase items that are already in your Amazon basket/cart.

To get the 2-mile-per-dollar credit, you must first empty your Amazon cart (if necessary), link through to Amazon from HawaiianAirMiles shopping portal, and then place items in your basket directly from that link and complete your purchase.
Could be, but as the Amazon Associates program isn't reliant upon that requirement, I would be surprised. In other words, Amazon will still report credit for items placed in the cart before the qualifying session, so I don't see how the airline could be excluding them.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
1/3 purchases posted! Took a while, but at least there is some sort of credit, although the 2 earlier purchases are still missing.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:35 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by bruinfan90

(FYI: I do a lot of internet shopping and use quite a few different shopping rebate sites. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with a merchant refusing to issue credit for a purchase simply because the items were not added into my shopping basket after I navigate through the rebate site.)

I personally do lots of cash back shopping online. And with Hawaiian Shopping I've only received 229 miles from over $2K worth of amazon spending (multiple transactions.
Since then I switched to US Airways and so far received 1250 miles

Don't think I'll bother trying to chase up on my missing miles. I'll just use it on US Air albeit with half the miles
Old Sep 18, 2011, 3:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Still waiting here for my 4K miles for the $2K in gift cards from July. They have not replied to the latest email. I remember when this first started, I had to re enter my login several times when shopping. I am annoyed to say the least!

JudyJFLA
Old Sep 19, 2011, 3:49 pm

Programs: GP Dia, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Just saw this and cancelled/reordered a couple items that I just purchased!
Old Sep 19, 2011, 4:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Placed an order on 8/19. Miles hadn't posted, so I sent in a support ticket. They replied with an email saying that they can take up to 8 weeks to post and not to bother them until then.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat
Anyone think any other airlines might join this Amazonfest or is it just Hawaiian and US Air by contract
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
2 orders posted

I placed 2 orders..both under $10 to test it out. I have been concentrating on trying to find things on Buy.com and order from there for the United Months of Miles promo...so my Amazon has been limited!

Order #1 - 8/13
Order #2 - 9/4

Both posted on 9/14.....

I just made a small order on US Airways so we will see how long that will take.

I am also using the Hawaiian Airlines toolbar to get some additional miles...I didn't get anything to download it but I have a trip to Hawaii next year I am saving for!
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by sargenet
I placed 2 orders..both under $10 to test it out. I have been concentrating on trying to find things on Buy.com and order from there for the United Months of Miles promo...so my Amazon has been limited!

Order #1 - 8/13
Order #2 - 9/4

Both posted on 9/14.....

I just made a small order on US Airways so we will see how long that will take.

I am also using the Hawaiian Airlines toolbar to get some additional miles...I didn't get anything to download it but I have a trip to Hawaii next year I am saving for!
So the miles that posted for you thus far are all from Hawaiian Airlines?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by kipper
So the miles that posted for you thus far are all from Hawaiian Airlines?
Yes..just Hawaiian so far...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.