Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

FINALLY!! Earn Miles for Amazon.com Purchases with Hawaiian Airlines Mileage Mall

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FINALLY!! Earn Miles for Amazon.com Purchases with Hawaiian Airlines Mileage Mall

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2011, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by oshelef
It does say no restrictions. So it seems one can get 2 miles for each $ at amazon. One for buying a gift card and one for spending the gift card.
Has anyone done this successfully?
Old Jul 23, 2011, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by marben
Has anyone done this successfully?
Given that it's been here 5 days, the first question I have is has anyone gotten miles for amazon at all - and then after that if there is a way to double them.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 3:25 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
About time!! I really wish AA, DL, and B6 would get them too. Or ebates...but that would be too good to be true. Zappos used to be in the shopping portals, but they no longer participate...maybe since it's now an Amazon company? I guess they can't justify it being so competitive on pricing, shipping, and (usually) tax. On another note, buy.com is an a lot of the programs, usually with similar pricing and product selections as Amazon. I will use them when possible to rack up some miles...so there's an option for some FTers too. However, most of my purchases are Amazon just due to the overwhelmingly good prices and selection, so I try to use my loyalty to them as an advantage to leverage pull with any customer service issues that arise.

I used to go to Amazon through a portal that donated a small percentage of each purchase to a charity of my choice. It was nice to be rewarded in giving back, but even that program has sadly been discontinued very recently:

http://www.goodsearch.com/amazon/coupons
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by g11
No, Amazon does not collect California sales tax.
Time for you to read the news.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Time for you to read the news.
I'm not sure who is and isn't reading the news, but this random article:
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jul...s-tax-20110701
corresponds to my experience of Amazon still not collecting sales tax in California.

Regardless, I'm curious when anyone gets the miles to post.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
I have started getting the miles posted for purchases with the gift cards, but my $2K in gift cards have not posted, so I am wondering if they do not count. I did not see anything in the terms excluding them. I would even be happy if they posted in Hawaiian and then could be used for credit on US Air for 1 mile per $.

Judy J
Old Aug 4, 2011, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by oshelef

Regardless, I'm curious when anyone gets the miles to post.
My miles from an Amazon purchase posted to US today. (No gift card involved.)
Old Aug 5, 2011, 5:40 am

Mine, too for purchases made about a week ago. That was fast (US Air)
Old Aug 5, 2011, 8:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Amazon gift cards

I purchased $200 worth of Amazon gift cards through the US Airways portal on 7/29 and the miles posted on 8/4
Old Aug 6, 2011, 2:57 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Can I buy a $1,000 gift card from amazons for amazons and then sell it and get the miles at a cheaper rate ?

So I buy the GC for $1000 collect 1,000miles then sell it for $990 buying a mile for 1 cent ?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:03 am

Programs: BA, BMI
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
Can I buy a $1,000 gift card from amazons for amazons and then sell it and get the miles at a cheaper rate ?

So I buy the GC for $1000 collect 1,000miles then sell it for $990 buying a mile for 1 cent ?
I often wondered whether this would work or not....doubt it though.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by andrewsco
I often wondered whether this would work or not....doubt it though.
why not? someone's gotten points for buying GCs already, so it should work in that case.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:33 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
Originally Posted by Shanye2233

But who are you going to sell the gift card to???
Especially since you will want cash.

Plus there is huge risk involved in selling them.

The one last thing is not finally you can earn miles. But they brought back the ability to earn miles through amazon. (Years ago amazon stopped this but now looks like they brought it back)

Last edited by Spiff; Aug 15, 2011 at 12:23 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:21 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xyz99
Mine, too for purchases made about a week ago. That was fast (US Air)
Not so fast anymore. I made two purchases on 2nd and 3rd and still have not received miles.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 9:26 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Purchased on 8/8 and miles posted on 8/17 into my HA account. With that kind of swift follow up, they got me at hello. Amazon now is upgraded to my online vendor of choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.