Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Old Sep 29, 2016, 12:00 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Since all my points became redeemable today (yesterday only half were) and the number of points for a Visa $50 card went down almost 1,000 points, I almost emptied my account for that redemption. (I save these cards for vacations.)

I don't like the move to e-gift cards. That means Visa and gas cards will disappear. Plus I prefer plastic cards. Not sure I'm going to stick with MyPoints now.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:10 am
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by uxb
There's a max number of times you can disqualify per day.
Looks like max 5 disquals per day = 25 points

You did not qualify for Survey XXXXXX. You've now reached your daily max Points for disqualifications, but you can still keep trying and earn Points for completing a survey.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
They're insane if they think anyone will waste their time on the new video system. 1 hr 4 min for TWO POINTS.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by rbAA
All my pending points are immediately available. Seems most of the rewards went up though: 5000 UA miles now 13,800 vs 13,000, etc. However, IHG bookings down to 3 pt/$. Bummer.
IHG has been 3/$1 for a while now. The workaround is to specifically use the 'Holiday Inn' link, which is 5/$1and will credit that even if you're booking another sub-brand from that Holiday Inn page.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Sky Miles
OK, there seems there's a MAJOR OVERHAUL at MyPoints. Most items have been DOWNGRADED, some have been UPGRADED. Let's see...

As had been the case with every frequent flyer / guest program this means THE GAME HAS CHANGED and members have to take NEW STRATEGIES for enjoying those rewards...

PS: Another find after several days... Ipsos Interactive surveys are back (as have been Global Test's), but now Samplicio is the prefered provider...

Last edited by viajero boricua; Oct 1, 2016 at 8:40 pm Reason: Kept finding strange nuances in the - new - MyP...
              Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:55 am

The Amazon GCs seem to have vanished, as have the $3 and $5 options they offered a couple of days ago. I hope that they're just out of stock and bring them back.
              Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:31 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
              If you've got a newer phone, the mobile app works relatively well without needing much babysitting now. (there are a few ads that are problematic, but it's on Tremor's side, not the app's side)

You don't need a 'live' phone. in order to run the ad app. The ad spinning phones I use for assorted programs (Perk, Checkpoints, SB, and now MP) are all cheap Android phones I've bought for $10 or less and unless it's a Verizon one, you don'r need to set up an account to use the phone as a wifi device, or even put the sim card in.

But, unless, you're going to baby sit the phone to manually advance it once 5-7 seconds of video have run, I'm not sure that MP is the best earner- once you get past the first few rounds, it's common for it to take 30-45 rounds to get 5 points, and I suspect the phones I've got running Checkpoints videos for AA/WN miles or Perk apps for American/Starbucks/Amazon GCs are earning better unattended.
              Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:37 pm
              Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
              I just disqualified for a survey and the note on the site said "You did not qualify for this survey. You have earned 1 Points." However a full 5 points were posted.

Future change for survey disqualification to just one point?
              Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
              I just tried the new survey system. Redirected me to Global Test Market. I don't think I'll bother with it again - it screened me out of three different surveys but instead of sending me back to MyPoints and awarding the 5 points for disqualifying, it kept redirecting me to a different survey. So I kept screening out but getting no credit for what I'd answered so far.

Without Amazon, there really isn't much of interest to me among the redemption options. I think I'm done with this program.
              Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:42 pm
              FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
              I haven't done a survey since they dropped from 10 points to 5. I'm only clicking on emails now.

I suspect I will redeem one last time and then stop the program. It's not worth the trouble.
              Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:25 pm

About the "video nuances" I was editing my essay post on the new system...

I've found a way not to waste so much time with the videos (I've downloaded the TV app on my iPod Touch 5 at home w/WiFi, but haven't been able to make it work) if you have to babysit MyP in front of the computer (w/the volume MUTED)...

After some (varies with the video) seconds each video makes a checked symbol as "being watched", I just then click on the next video on the queue, then "rinse and repeat". A 20 video 1+ hour queue becomes a 6-7 minute affair for 6 MyP (still not fair, but doable), less so for shorter length one.

Sorry that I have to explain this, but it's NOT FAIR TO THE MEMBER that MyPoints dares to make you watch OVER 1 HOUR OF VIDEOS for 6 crummy points worth as low as 4 CENTS. For 6-7 minutes it's just a slight chore if you have time to burn, otherwise pass the videos over...

PS: For those wondering about the lack of Amazon's eGC's, they're back... At the HIGH range (~ 160 MyP / $1 redeemed) w/a $10 minimum.

Last edited by viajero boricua; Sep 30, 2016 at 11:10 pm
              Old Oct 1, 2016, 3:09 pm
              A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
              Originally Posted by madskillets
              The Amazon GCs seem to have vanished, as have the $3 and $5 options they offered a couple of days ago. I hope that they're just out of stock and bring them back.
              They were there on Wednesday. I'm guessing they are out of stock temporarily.
              Old Oct 2, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
              For the visa gift cards isn't it a better strategy to purchase CVS cards and then use those for Visa Gift Cards (or Amazon for that matter) since CVS has a better redemption rate? Of course if CVS doesn't allow you to buy gift cards with a gift card, this is moot. Does anyone know if this is allowed? I need about 2000 more for a $100 redemption. Once I get that I'm likely done. This new system is just not worth my time. Of course I was one foot out the door when they stopped the Marriott Gift Cards.
              Old Oct 2, 2016, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
              Originally Posted by chicaloca453
              For the visa gift cards isn't it a better strategy to purchase CVS cards and then use those for Visa Gift Cards (or Amazon for that matter) since CVS has a better redemption rate? Of course if CVS doesn't allow you to buy gift cards with a gift card, this is moot. Does anyone know if this is allowed?
              Can't do that with a CVS gift card.
              Old Oct 2, 2016, 11:15 pm

You're right... (I live ~ 1 mi. from one) AFAIK, CVS in B & M stores doesn't accept gift cards to buy other prepaid cards (it's becoming rarer with time that any store would accept them that way anymore) and I do believe they don't sell other prepaid cards other than their own online, so NO DICE to that.

There's a reason VISA, MASTERCARD and AMEX prepaid cards are usually more expensive in pretty much every reward program they're offered... You can buy in many more stores (and chains) with them, as well as online in many cases (though not all, as I've have experienced before), so they're considered MORE LIQUID ASSETS, therefore can command higher prices for them to buy in both retail for users as well as wholesale for reward programs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.