Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Companion pass is out of reach for me, and WN frequently is mediocre in terms of price if their nearest service points are outstations as is the case here. (We're talking more points/miles for a round trip than Delta, which is actually often non-horrible using a local airport as a starting point.) Only reason I've even got an account with WN is that my husband likes to use them to visit family in DTW, and I can run Checkpoints for some largely passive earnings into that program.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:02 pm

Did MyPoints.com remove UA as a redemption?

I logged into my account today and cannot find UA as a redemption option, yesterday I saw UA as option but it gave an error which basically said "try later" in addition, the link to UA redemption doesn't work anymore -

https://www.mypoints.com/emp/u/rewar...rts&denom=5000

Can anyone confirm?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:21 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
I'm not seeing anything other than gift cards available for redemption at MyPoints. If they did make changes to their rewards, I don't recall seeing any announcements about it. Total bummer if the UA option is gone.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by MileKing
I'm not seeing anything other than gift cards available for redemption at MyPoints. If they did make changes to their rewards, I don't recall seeing any announcements about it. Total bummer if the UA option is gone.
I got a response from MyPoints -

Thank you for your email. I apologize but that redemption is temporally under maintenence. It will be back shortly.

Thanks,
Member Support
Old Jul 22, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
This is discussed in the My Points Thread often. They remove UA redemptions periodically - but they usually come back in a few days to a couple of weeks.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:40 am

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by KathinJax
This is discussed in the My Points Thread often. They remove UA redemptions periodically - but they usually come back in a few days to a couple of weeks.
As KathinJax alluded to, this is once again the case-- MileagePlus miles are appearing to be redeemable again this morning.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:17 pm

FYI, There is an in-store promotion for Gerber Products at WalMart (Due by JULY 27th). This can only be redeemed once, but I was able to buy the products for $7.50 and received 1,750 points. If you do not have an email, you will need to go to the In-Store promotions tab on the web page. Here are the specifics:

Gerber® In-Store Offer

Buy Gerber® Organic 2nd Foods® Pouches and earn up to 1,750 Points

Purchase Two (2) Gerber® Organic 2nd Foods® Pouches at Walmart and earn 500 Points.
Purchase Six (6) or more Gerber® Organic 2nd Foods® Pouches at Walmart and earn 1,750 Points.

Purchase must be made In-Store at Walmart. To qualify for Points, you must purchase all of the pouches in a single transaction. Single pouches purchased across multiple transactions are not eligible for Points.

Points for this offer can only be earned once.

Only the purchase of the following flavors are eligible for Points.

• Garden Veggies & Brown Rice with White Bean
• Mixed Veggies & Chick Peas
• Root Veggies & Quinoa
• Mango, Apple, Carrot & Kale
• Pear, Blueberry & Avocado
• Apple, Raspberry & Açai
• Pear, Peach, Pumpkin & Fig

To be eligible for Points, you must upload your receipt via this page or the MyPoints mobile App.

Purchase must be made between July 14, 2016 and July 27, 2016. Receipt must be uploaded by 11:59 pm Pacific Time on July 27, 2016. Purchases made outside of the listed dates are not eligible for Points. Your Points will be credited within 30 days of receipt of your upload.

Also, check your e-mail or the website for a 1750 points for a dollar shave club purchase. The first month is $8. Supposedly, you can cancel within 30 days of signing up. Hopefully, the points will be posted by then. Update: The points for this offer post in pending mode almost immediately.

I also am now pulling the trigger on the GSN offer (9,333 My Points for $9.99). I need another 5,000 UA miles for a redemption and this is cheaper than buying the points.

Last edited by KathinJax; Jul 25, 2016 at 11:47 am Reason: Update Dollar Shave Club Offer Info
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA, DL, HA, etc
Sorry, posted in the wrong forum.

Last edited by Lavarock7; Jul 27, 2016 at 2:09 pm
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Lavarock7
A few years ago I lost my points by a day and they refused to reinstate them. I have not purchased a Coke product since. Turns out I like Safeway Cola and it is a lot cheaper.

I guess Coke taught ME a lesson, didn't they?
Just curious - What does that have to do with MyPoints?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA, DL, HA, etc
Originally Posted by JAX Flier
Just curious - What does that have to do with MyPoints?
Your right. I posted in the wrong forum and deleted the post.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:57 pm

Just an update - the Gerber offer was just offered for a second time. This one expires August 10.

Also, the GSN offer posts within a day or so - and the points are pending for about 1 week.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:16 pm

Warning --CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT

Just last week 149 points were subtracted from my account. It was from shopping. First 90 points were subtracted. The next day $9 points were subtracted. The person obviously cannot add: instead of 139 (90+49) they took off 149. I only made a $45 purchase from that vendor back in May. I used the product.

I called, no reply yet. I figured if it happened to me, it happened to others.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:49 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
No points left, but their customer service is atrocious. Additionally, they are no longer linking $-value to points, they've terminated their MyPoints Visa card, and they've now obscured redemption values if you don't have enough points for certain items (n.b. 5000 MileagePlus miles). I presume this programme will be merged with Swagbucks in the not too distant future.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by uxb
No points left, but their customer service is atrocious. Additionally, they are no longer linking $-value to points, they've terminated their MyPoints Visa card, and they've now obscured redemption values if you don't have enough points for certain items (n.b. 5000 MileagePlus miles). I presume this programme will be merged with Swagbucks in the not too distant future.
If they brought the United miles with them as part of the merger, I could actually like that. Be nice to have more airline redemption options at Swagbucks besides American GCs.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 5:45 pm

The new MyPoints TV app is a clone of the assorted Swagbucks TV apps- use an older phone on a wifi network and you can (somewhat) start it and forget it until you hit the limit of points for the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.