Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 9, 2013, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Valley_MUC
The problem is that the stores at the airline shopping malls are very limited, reward portals like MyPoints offering a lot more.
While the stores at the airline shopping portals may be limited, I will usually check there first before buying through MyPoints. Best Buy for example, I usually go through the United Shopping portal instead of MyPoints. If United doesn't have it, then I will check the Marriott Mall. In most cases MyPoints is a last resort. Though for certain offers, they are superior and we go with them. Entertainment.com is one example where we would go with MyPoints over a Airline portal.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by dioxide45
While the stores at the airline shopping portals may be limited, I will usually check there first before buying through MyPoints. Best Buy for example, I usually go through the United Shopping portal instead of MyPoints. If United doesn't have it, then I will check the Marriott Mall. In most cases MyPoints is a last resort. Though for certain offers, they are superior and we go with them. Entertainment.com is one example where we would go with MyPoints over a Airline portal.
I also check evRewards which lists the payout for various other sites including MyPoints. That way I can compare everything myself. I also check TopCashBack which is strictly cash and often does better than points.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 9:14 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
How long is it taking Mypoints to process redemptions these days? I haven't redeemed anything for over a year, and can't remember how long it took (seems like it was over a week).

On Jan. 7 I redeemed points for a Starbucks card, and I haven't received an email yet saying they're processing/shipping it. I'm pretty sure that last time it took a week or 2 to get such an email, but I'm just wondering if folks have actual experience on wait times these days. Thx tls
Old Jan 11, 2013, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Same situation for me. I redeemed on the 7th or 8th and haven't received an email either. The points have been deducted though.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:56 am

It has been my experience that it usually take about 3-4 weeks to get anything from the. I ordered some Marriott gift cards on Dec 19 and still have not gotten them yet.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I ordered a gift card on 12/21, got a message a few days ago that it was on its way, arrived today. That's less time than I remembered; I thought it was taking about a month.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Thanks for the replies. That's longer than I was hoping for, but c'est la vie.

Strange that the 12/21 request was acted upon before the 12/19 request. tls
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by linsj
I ordered a gift card on 12/21, got a message a few days ago that it was on its way, arrived today. That's less time than I remembered; I thought it was taking about a month.
The Amazon codes come in the mail a bit faster than they used to, as well. I think they're running about 3 weeks now.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 2:53 pm

Anyone have any experience with a gift card not coming at all? I ordered $450 in gift cards in Nov. after getting the points from the OpenSky deal and three $50 gift cards never arrived despite that they were supposedly shipped at the same time as the others. I have contacted MyPoints with no resolution yet.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by samdori
Anyone have any experience with a gift card not coming at all?
Yes. I emailed multiple times over several months before MyPoints finally put the points back in my account.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Ritz
The Amazon codes come in the mail a bit faster than they used to, as well. I think they're running about 3 weeks now.
I wonder why the Amazon codes come in snail mail? Bing Rewards and E-miles deliver the Amazon codes electronically, which is not only very quick (never been more than 24 hours for either one), but also cheaper for the company, I'd think. tls
Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by thelostshark
I wonder why the Amazon codes come in snail mail? Bing Rewards and E-miles deliver the Amazon codes electronically, which is not only very quick (never been more than 24 hours for either one), but also cheaper for the company, I'd think. tls
Me too. They used to be electronic - they switched awhile back.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 7:55 am

Got an email today from Mypoints saying they were shipping my gift card. That's 2 weeks and a day after I ordered it (with yesterday being a federal holiday). Could be better, could be worse. But I'm pleased it's on the way. tls
Old Jan 22, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

I have 5,197 redeemable mypoints. I'm waiting so patiently for 3 more points to clear! I want my UA miles! Lol
Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:38 pm

Not sure if you need the UA miles for a trip or to extend the expiration date, but if not, and if you're going to continue to participate in Mypoints, you might think about holding off until you get to 10,100 Mypoints, which you can redeem for 5k UA miles. Altho that may take quite a bit longer, to redeem twice at 5,200 Mypoints means that you're using 10,400 Mypoints to get 5k UA miles, instead of 10,100 Mypoints. Just a thought.

Would be interested to hear how long it takes between redeeming the Mypoints and receiving the UA miles. Thx tls

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.