Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
To continue beating the dead horse () , I decided to keep track of the types of mypoints emails I received for a whole month (mid-May to mid-June). Here are the results:

Total emails: 150

5 points clickthru (including an occasional Best Buy 10 points): 45

Surveys (10 points if non-qualifying; 50, 60, 75 or whatever for completing): 22

Other: 83

So, in percentage terms: 5-pointers were 30% of the total (almost one in three).

Or, if you classify them as "Worth Clicking Thru" (5-pointers & surveys) vs. Other, then at least 45% of the total are good. ^ (I do click on some of the Other category, when the offer interests me.)

YMMV, of course.

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Wow, that's pretty bad.

I get a much higher proportion than one in six; I would say one in three, maybe even one in two. Perhaps you are underestimating (or exaggerating how bad it really is).

Also, you say "the rest are pure garbage." Even the surveys??? Even when I disqualify, I get 10 points; and fairly often, I get the full 50 (or 75 or whatever) points from surveys.

Anyhow, we're beating a dead horse here....
Old Jun 24, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
Just another data point
I used to get 2 to 3 click thru for 10 points each per day; now its about one per week
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
To continue beating the dead horse () , I decided to keep track of the types of mypoints emails I received for a whole month (mid-May to mid-June). Here are the results:

Total emails: 150

5 points clickthru (including an occasional Best Buy 10 points): 45

Surveys (10 points if non-qualifying; 50, 60, 75 or whatever for completing): 22

Other: 83

So, in percentage terms: 5-pointers were 30% of the total (almost one in three).

Or, if you classify them as "Worth Clicking Thru" (5-pointers & surveys) vs. Other, then at least 45% of the total are good. ^ (I do click on some of the Other category, when the offer interests me.)

YMMV, of course.
Thank you, Kathy. Makes me feel better to know there's someone else who is seriously OCD on this board.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by bob12403
Thank you, Kathy. Makes me feel better to know there's someone else who is seriously OCD on this board.
Coming from you, that is a compliment (I think ).
Old Jul 10, 2012, 5:31 pm

Pledge Coupon and Walmart 1000 Points offer!

Has anyone else taken advantage of this? On June 28th I received a 5 point click-through for a Pledge product coupon. Simply thinking it was a 5 point click through I didn't initially pay much attention. I went back a few days ago and saw that there was a 1000 point offer attached. Print the coupon and then buy a Pledge product at Walmart, then fax in a copy of the MyPoints e-mail and a copy of the receipt to a fax number provided and you will be credited 1000 MyPoints. A pretty good offer.

I faxed in the documentation yesterday and had an e-mail in the inbox this morning indicating that it had been processed. I could see the pending points out there. It looks like there is only a 5 day pending period on the points.

The offer expires 7/12 and it looks like you have to fax in the documentation within 10 days of the offer expiring. Not sure if you can make the buy after the expiration, but I would suspect so. The expiration probably only applies to being able to print the coupon.

P.s. If you want more than one coupon, you can print up to two per computer. Though only one 1000 point offer per account.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:50 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by dioxide45
Has anyone else taken advantage of this? On June 28th I received a 5 point click-through for a Pledge product coupon. Simply thinking it was a 5 point click through I didn't initially pay much attention. I went back a few days ago and saw that there was a 1000 point offer attached. Print the coupon and then buy a Pledge product at Walmart, then fax in a copy of the MyPoints e-mail and a copy of the receipt to a fax number provided and you will be credited 1000 MyPoints. A pretty good offer.

I faxed in the documentation yesterday and had an e-mail in the inbox this morning indicating that it had been processed. I could see the pending points out there. It looks like there is only a 5 day pending period on the points.

The offer expires 7/12 and it looks like you have to fax in the documentation within 10 days of the offer expiring. Not sure if you can make the buy after the expiration, but I would suspect so. The expiration probably only applies to being able to print the coupon.

P.s. If you want more than one coupon, you can print up to two per computer. Though only one 1000 point offer per account.
There's also been an offer for $4 off Raid Max 128ox bug spray that earns 1000 MyPoints if redeemed at Walmart.

I went to 3 different Walmarts in 2 different town in my area, and all of them were sold out of the 128oz Raid Max bug spray-- but they did have the 30oz bottles, which won't earn the 1,000 MyPoints.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by Max M
There's also been an offer for $4 off Raid Max 128ox bug spray that earns 1000 MyPoints if redeemed at Walmart.

I went to 3 different Walmarts in 2 different town in my area, and all of them were sold out of the 128oz Raid Max bug spray-- but they did have the 30oz bottles, which won't earn the 1,000 MyPoints.
I just looked back for that one and see that I got an e-mail for it on 7/6. Of course this one requires a bigger spend. It looks like the Raid Max 128oz is about $16, with the $4 off it comes out to about $11. The Pledge only cost about $3.75 after coupon and taxes. THough if it is a product you needed anyway, then it is an easy 1000 points. Of course it only works if they have it in stock.

Last edited by dioxide45; Jul 11, 2012 at 4:32 am
Old Jul 11, 2012, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by dioxide45

It looks like I got this same Pledge offer on the 10th with an expiration date of the 24th. Perhaps because I hadn't taken advantage of it yet. So if you still don't have the first e-mail, you may have a new one with more time to take advantage of it.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone has experiences in redeem for United Miles?

I have just enough points to redeem for the 5K United miles - this seems the most appealing option for me.

Anyone has experiences in redeeming UA miles? How long it normally takes?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 1:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Got another 1000 point deal for glade plug-ins.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by skibum7732
Got another 1000 point deal for glade plug-ins.
I saw that one too. There is also a 4000 point offer. Buy all three items, Glade, Pledge and Raid Max, get 1000 point for each and an extra 1000 when you buy all three.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
I have just enough points to redeem for the 5K United miles - this seems the most appealing option for me.

Anyone has experiences in redeeming UA miles? How long it normally takes?
That is the only reward I redeem. It takes a few weeks in my experience, but I have never had an issue with redemption in the 6 times I have redeemed for United miles.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 2:22 pm

We are fairly new to the MilagePlus program. What would those 5000 MP points be worth? I know that 10,000 can get a one way ticket in some cases. Would this be better than say a $75 gift card redemption that the same amount of points could get?
Old Jul 14, 2012, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by uxb
I dun see why my living in the US has anything to do w/ earning MyPoints for Starwood stays.
I have a comment regarding living in the US. I just tried to sign up for MyPoints to get the 750 MileagePlus Miles but was denied. MyPoints CS told me it was because I'm verifying through an IP address not in the US or Canada and the program is only available to US and Canadian residents. I tried to explain that I am a US resident on a RTW trip and won't be back in the US for a long time. They were adamant that there is no way around the foreign IP address as residence verification.

Anyone have any luck with a similar situation?

Thanks.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by povertyjetset
I have a comment regarding living in the US. I just tried to sign up for MyPoints to get the 750 MileagePlus Miles but was denied. MyPoints CS told me it was because I'm verifying through an IP address not in the US or Canada and the program is only available to US and Canadian residents. I tried to explain that I am a US resident on a RTW trip and won't be back in the US for a long time. They were adamant that there is no way around the foreign IP address as residence verification.

Anyone have any luck with a similar situation?

Thanks.
What's the big deal here? Wouldn't you just sign up when you back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.