Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
I couldn't get the video points today for some reason. First time I ever had a problem. Tls
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:58 am

It looks like they are reducing points for surveys when you fail to qualify.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Today's apple is in KMart.

And by the way, now the videos say get one point for watching and then it says unlimited, whereas it used to be 10 per day.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Sky Miles
Another day, another Gala apple, another 5 MyP, GRACIAS!

It seems there's a problem with Ipsos Interactive, MyPoints main survey provider. EVERY TIME for like the last 2 weeks that I've tried one of their surveys I would "get stuck" after filling their demo blanks. Since, as a habit, I NEVER click out (for 2 windows) the link I came from to a MyPoints survey, I just click out the stuck window, try again and most (~ 75%) of the time would give me the 10 MyP for not qualifying (fast and easy peasy). Haven't received ANY survey as of this hour today, so it seems they finally are working the problem with Ipsos (it doesn't happen with any other survey provider).

By the look of the UNLIMITED VIDEOS it seems MyPoints and AOL/Verizon (the provider of those videos [quite a bit of them also available on YouTube if you search]) haven't got enough views out of the feature, so MyPoints maybe lifting the 10 video limit (worth about $0.065 in MyP accumulations) for now.

IMHO, they should rather increase the reward to 5 MyP per video, so a day's worth it'd be valued at ~ $0.35 for the 15-25 minutes (if you're careful) you spend watching.

PS: I'm watching the video section at it does seem that AOL/Verizon has been KICKED OUT as MyPoints video provider and they've done some MAJOR CHANGES: haven't seen any long-format (> 5 minutes) videos and categories have been shuffled (no food category, now into the "How To" category, for example...). Also some sources besides the ones owned by AOL (Huffpost...) are not there, particularly BuzzFeed (part of the reason reason there's a drought of food related videos...) Have any of you got like > 20 videos in a day watched? I've got 15 and 17 so far....

Last edited by viajero boricua; Aug 15, 2015 at 1:15 pm
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by IamHydro
I noticed this too, starting yesterday afternoon and continuing this morning. Another enhancement. tls
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Nanook
Today's apple is in KMart.

And by the way, now the videos say get one point for watching and then it says unlimited, whereas it used to be 10 per day.
Thanks, won 5 points today.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 2:51 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by IamHydro
This, plus the lack of earnings for Starwood stays means I'm pretty much done with this portal. I have shifted most of my clicks to eBates / Mr. Rebates / SavingStar / Upromise over the last few months. Cash is king.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by viajero boricua
IMHO, they should rather increase the reward to 5 MyP per video, so a day's worth it'd be valued at ~ $0.35 for the 15-25 minutes (if you're careful) you spend watching.
There are two types of videos you see on the get paid to sites- the kind of general ones like MP has added where you can just kind of let them run in a browser tab while you're doing something else and the rate for watching is typically around a penny for 4-5 videos regardless of what site you're at. It's what they can pay users and still make a modest profit off their own cut from advertisers then.

Second type is more targeted ads that a company specifically buys and are higher value (1-3 cents per ad). In the last few days, think I've made about five dollars off the United videos on their new IFE service that you get at Swagbucks by finding and clicking on 'Laptop Guy' when you're on that site's front page.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Hyatt & IHG
Redeeming $50 giftcard

I am interested in redeeming some points for a $50 gift card. However, most of the options have already been grayed out. This will be my first redemption with My Points. Do $50 gift card options get posted each month or once a year?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

-Sandra
Old Aug 16, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by sandratravels
I am interested in redeeming some points for a $50 gift card. However, most of the options have already been grayed out. This will be my first redemption with My Points. Do $50 gift card options get posted each month or once a year?

-Sandra
The good news is that it usually doesn't take MyPoints an entire year to replenish their stock of $50 Gift Cards. However, I've noticed that MyPoints has had their selection of $50 Gift Cards diminish very quickly this summer after they've been restocked.

Perhaps another poster has better insight, but your guess is as good as anyone else's as to when they'll restock the $50 Gift Cards.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 4:33 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sandratravels

-Sandra
If they're grayed out, they are in stock; but you don't have enough points available to redeem for them. (There's a difference between total points and points available.) If they are out of stock, you won't see that option.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Today's apple is in Justice.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Thanks! Got 50 points.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Thanks, I won 5 points.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:04 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by kathiel
Thanks! Got 50 points.
Thanks! I also won 5 points on Monday!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.