Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by linsj
I think it's a glitch, not the number of points. I've had more than that numerous times without problems. Did get locked out a couple of months ago. Since I was in a hotel room with VPN, I thought that was the problem, but it persisted when I got home. I clicked the forgot password link, got an email with link to change it, and that solved the problem.
It worked when I did the reset, but when I tried to log in again, I got the same error message.

Last edited by Kat007; Jul 27, 2014 at 11:37 am Reason: :-(
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Starfish is in the Apple store today.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by kathiel
Starfish is in the Apple store today.
Thanks! Another 5 points gained!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Holiday Inn is also a 15 points per dollar promotion right now for me.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Today's Starfish is in Total Gym.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Max M
I asked MyPoints if they plan on re-stocking the Marriott Gift Cards again at any time in the future.

Their response?

"Max M, as far as I know the Marriott gift cards will not be restocked. I'll pass your feedback along with regards to reconsidering that and adding Hyatt."

So maybe if enough FT'ers express that they'll switch portals or drop MyPoints completely unless hotel gift cards are a redemption option, maybe, just maybe, they'll offer them again.

Otherwise, this isn't good news.
I contacted them with feedback saying I really liked the Marriott cards and hoped they'd be restocked soon.

Got a response saying that Marriott had pulled them as rewards, and MyPoints didn't think they'd be back in the foreseeable future.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton,
Today's starfish is in:

https://www.mypoints.com/emp/u/shop-..._DD_SHOPtodays
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Smile

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Holiday Inn is also a 15 points per dollar promotion right now for me.
I just found this, too! I bet it's for everybody! Does anyone know the end date?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by Counsellor
I contacted them with feedback saying I really liked the Marriott cards and hoped they'd be restocked soon.

Got a response saying that Marriott had pulled them as rewards, and MyPoints didn't think they'd be back in the foreseeable future.
That's very disappointing, especially with the points hike they just did for many reward redemption.

A shame that there's now no "pure" hotel redemption option--- one could redeem for a Groupon gift card for a Groupon Getaway, but those stays don't earn points for stays at chains with reward programs.

Well maybe others here can also voice their concern to MyPoints to put more pressure on them to get Marriott Gift Cards back. [or other chains]
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
I can't remember when, maybe a few months ago, I emailed them asking if they could ad IHG points as a reward. The CS rep responded by saying that s/he'd forward to the relevant people. tls
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Today's Starfish is:

https://www.mypoints.com/emp/u/shop-...orrid+%28AC%29
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by thelostshark
I can't remember when, maybe a few months ago, I emailed them asking if they could ad IHG points as a reward. The CS rep responded by saying that s/he'd forward to the relevant people. tls
MyPoints did offer Marriott Rewards years ago, so maybe they'll consider IHG points.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Has anyone noticed that suddenly the bonus 5 pt emails expire much sooner than in the past? It seems like I only get a few days to click on the links rather than the week, or more, I used to get. I've noticed it on the surveys too, but it's not quite as obvious, or short.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Has anyone noticed that suddenly the bonus 5 pt emails expire much sooner than in the past? It seems like I only get a few days to click on the links rather than the week, or more, I used to get. I've noticed it on the surveys too, but it's not quite as obvious, or short.
I just noticed this too after going through my MyPoints emails from the past week. In the past they used to be good for about three weeks, this latest batch had expiration dates of five to seven days. The Surveys have had short expiration dates on them for quite a while now. So much so that most of mine expire before I get to them.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 8:38 pm

Marriott gift cards

MyPoints has the $50 Marriott gift card in stock right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.