Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2014, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by insomniac950
Looks like Mypoints has increased the number of points it takes to get United miles. You now need 12,000 points to redeem for 5,000 miles. It was 10,500 for 5,000 miles just a year ago. They also scrapped the $25 paypal option and only have the $50 reward (for which they also increased the point threshold to 8,950).
Yeah. They made that change back in February. Here is one of the first reports back in post #912.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 4:58 pm

It looks like I have received two e-mails for the Naked Juice 1000 offer and two for the Unilever 1500. Another offer for Snickers/Dr Pepper 1000. I have also seen an online offer for Naked Juice 1000.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by dioxide45
It looks like I have received two e-mails for the Naked Juice 1000 offer and two for the Unilever 1500. Another offer for Snickers/Dr Pepper 1000. I have also seen an online offer for Naked Juice 1000.
I saw the snickers offer a few days ago and have already received the acknowledgement e-mail.

I also did the until ever one previously. Just got the second one today.

For the Naked Juice one, we have coupons for $1 off. At our local Wal-Mart, the price is $2.68 for each. I am assuming that the $5 requirement is before the coupons. I plan on completing the first one tomorrow, so hopefully, I can report back.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 8:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
You can double-dip on the Naked Juice offers by buying the 4 Naked Juice items that offer rebates through Ibotta (see the conga here if you aren't a member), and then you can also submit the receipt through MyPoints, earning you a total of $4 back, and 1,000 points.

If you can use coupons on the purchase and still receive credit for a $5 spend before coupons, you can conceivably use 4 $1 off coupons, and reduce your out-of-pocket spend.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

Submitted receipts today for hopefully 8,500 points!

1,500 x 3 Unilever
1,000 x 2 Dr pepper/snickers
2,000 x 2 naked Juice
Old Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 pm

Mypoints has upped the offer on the Suave/ Unilever offer, now is 1,750 Mypoints if you purchase two Suave or Noxzema products (Suave body washes are $1.88)

Expires July 17.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Mypoints has upped the offer on the Suave/ Unilever offer, now is 1,750 Mypoints if you purchase two Suave or Noxzema products (Suave body washes are $1.88)

Expires July 17.
I saw this too. There is also a note in the fine print that you can only take advantage of the offer once every 30 days.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 6:31 am

question about "offer"

I saw this too. There is also a note in the fine print that you can only take advantage of the offer once every 30 days.
Is it technically considered a different "offer" if it has a different offer number? The 1500 point offer and the 1750 offer would be considered different offers, correct?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by jacobsa
Is it technically considered a different "offer" if it has a different offer number? The 1500 point offer and the 1750 offer would be considered different offers, correct?
It has a different offer number as well.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
After Many Years of Using MyPoints Droping Them

Anyone notice the travel award options/redemptions are dwindling? Have been waiting to see $100 Marriott certs return--today there is nothing for Marriott. Also, I'm having problems getting points for the click throughs for 2 hotel stays (Marriott and Crowne Plaza). I've provided them with receipts and e-mails from the hotels thanking me for my stays; MyPoints says they can see I clicked through. However, before awarding my points they must get the hotels to authorize. I replied that's not what's stated in their offer and if I don't get what's promised I'll file a complaint with BBB. They replied that they can terminate anyone's account at any time. Don't appreciate the threat--I have never done anything that abused their rules/program.

I shop online through other (airline) portals. Only use MyPoints for their special offers, travel click throughs, when buying gift cards and, of course, the lengthy surveys. After their threat today, I cashed in my 12,000 points for UA miles and will drop them.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by jacobsa
Quote:

Yes, if the offer has different offer numbers then you can complete it multiple times.

However that being said, I have 8 emails in my inbox from MyPoints "we will credit you within 30 days", i expect to have to follow up on a few of those. 1 of 8 has automatically credited so far.

Anybody get this new offer?

"Purchase the CamelBak Relay at Target. Receive 2,500 Points."

I checked online and the purifier is about $35 at Target. May or May not be worth it for some, but I hope MyPoints continues to crank out offers like these. Fun, easy, and worthwhile. I'm loving it!
Old Jul 8, 2014, 2:49 pm

Also I just reached an important milestone; 100,000 points earned! Yippeee!!!

Lifetime Stats
Lifetime Earned101,365
Lifetime Redeemed98,000
Old Jul 8, 2014, 3:05 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Steph58
Anyone notice the travel award options/redemptions are dwindling? Have been waiting to see $100 Marriott certs return--today there is nothing for Marriott. Also, I'm having problems getting points for the click throughs for 2 hotel stays (Marriott and Crowne Plaza). I've provided them with receipts and e-mails from the hotels thanking me for my stays; MyPoints says they can see I clicked through. However, before awarding my points they must get the hotels to authorize. I replied that's not what's stated in their offer and if I don't get what's promised I'll file a complaint with BBB.
The Marriotts have been becoming harder to find in general- hit or miss at MyPoints for a while now, and totally gone at Swagbucks since last October or so.

As for the hotel issue, did the reservations ever show up on your ledger when you go into the 'My Account' area? I noticed that IHG reservations for May did show up on the ledger as 'pending' or something like that when I made the reservation in February with a point total I'd earn, even though that number wasn't reflected in my current point total.

On the annoying side, MyPpoints wouldn't release those points for the stays until a good month after they were completed, and I only was able to cash them out today for a stay that ended and was paid for on June 1. Which seems to be a bit on the long side unless that kind of float is necessary for their business operations.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:13 pm

Yes, if the offer has different offer numbers then you can complete it multiple times.

However that being said, I have 8 emails in my inbox from MyPoints "we will credit you within 30 days", i expect to have to follow up on a few of those. 1 of 8 has automatically credited so far.

Anybody get this new offer?

"Purchase the CamelBak Relay at Target. Receive 2,500 Points."

I checked online and the purifier is about $35 at Target. May or May not be worth it for some, but I hope MyPoints continues to crank out offers like these. Fun, easy, and worthwhile. I'm loving it!
I am still waiting on the points from the 1,500 points Suave offer. I am not going to try multiple offers this time until after the points post from the prior offer. This may mean I miss out on some, but I won't get burnt like I did on Pledge.

I did see the water filter offer. Looks like the product is only available online though.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Also I just reached an important milestone; 100,000 points earned! Yippeee!!!

Lifetime Stats
Lifetime Earned 101,365
Lifetime Redeemed 98,000
Congratulations! Your perseverance is an inspiration to us all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.