Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 28, 13, 8:16 am   #871
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: South Bend, IN
Programs: HH-Gold SPG-Gold PC-Plat Hyatt-Plat
Posts: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioxide45 View Post
I should have played more often. Won 50 points on the last day of the spin game. Any other time I played, always got the Bonus Offer. That was the losers prize it seems.
Nope, the "loser's prize" was 0 points (and no offer either)!

I got 0 points 3 times in the last week!
jgxtrav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 13, 8:47 am   #872
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgxtrav1 View Post
Nope, the "loser's prize" was 0 points (and no offer either)!

I got 0 points 3 times in the last week!
You are right.

I see they extended the Spin and Win game through December 4th.
dioxide45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 13, 9:59 am   #873
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: South Bend, IN
Programs: HH-Gold SPG-Gold PC-Plat Hyatt-Plat
Posts: 501
Never give up! I got 5 points today .... my second 5 point win in about 2 weeks of trying! Whoopee!
jgxtrav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 13, 12:19 pm   #874
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Santa Cruz, CA USA
Programs: UA, HH, SPG
Posts: 6,734
COnfused about Gift Cards

I'm confused about gift cards at My Points. There appears to be one list of cards you can get by redeeming points and a different list of cards you can purchase and earn points. But they don't seem to overlap.

For example, I wanted to buy some gift cards for Home Depot. I see that you can redeem points for Home Depot gift cards but I cannot find where you can purchase Home Depot gift cards and earn points. Is that correct or am I just not using the site correctly?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
JerryFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 13, 3:11 pm   #875
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: new orleans
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryFF View Post
I'm confused about gift cards at My Points. There appears to be one list of cards you can get by redeeming points and a different list of cards you can purchase and earn points. But they don't seem to overlap.

For example, I wanted to buy some gift cards for Home Depot. I see that you can redeem points for Home Depot gift cards but I cannot find where you can purchase Home Depot gift cards and earn points. Is that correct or am I just not using the site correctly?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Here is the link for buying gift cards...unfortunately they don't offer H.D. through their shopping portal, so there is no way to buy H.D cards for points through Mypoints. I would check out frequent miler's blog to see if there is anyway to get points for H.D. gift cards.
https://shopping.mypoints.com/index....ndex/indexPost
midcitybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 13, 4:50 pm   #876
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2014 Secret Santa
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Posts: 23,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by midcitybeth View Post
Here is the link for buying gift cards...unfortunately they don't offer H.D. through their shopping portal, so there is no way to buy H.D cards for points through Mypoints. I would check out frequent miler's blog to see if there is anyway to get points for H.D. gift cards.
https://shopping.mypoints.com/index....ndex/indexPost
Some shopping portals will allow you to earn points for gift card purchases directly from the merchant.
__________________
The church is near but the road is icy, the bar is far but I will walk carefully”
--Russian Proverb
kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 13, 4:55 pm   #877
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Santa Cruz, CA USA
Programs: UA, HH, SPG
Posts: 6,734
Many thanks - it was confusing to me that one could redeem points for a gift card but not earn them when you buy them. I appreciate the quick responses. Happy holidays to all.
JerryFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 13, 10:05 am   #878
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, CC Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 364
Woohooo!! I just got another Pledge 2,000 points e-mail from Wal-mart. This is the 4th e-mail that I have received. I missed one of the e-mails, so this will be 3 e-mails plus the home page offer.

The second e-mail from the beginning of November has not posted, so I am e-mailing them to get these points posted.
KathinJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 13, 10:27 am   #879
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: new orleans
Posts: 46
Keep an eye on the front page offer number, that has changed at least once. No one else must be buying this pledge, it is really ridiculous at this point how much I have accrued...points and pledge.
midcitybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 13, 9:43 pm   #880
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by midcitybeth View Post
Keep an eye on the front page offer number, that has changed at least once. No one else must be buying this pledge, it is really ridiculous at this point how much I have accrued...points and pledge.
For the online offers, it isn't that the offer numbers change it is that each banner actually has a different offer number. At one point a few weeks ago there were six different banners/offers shown on the MyPoints website. Each with a different offer number.

I too got the new e-mail with the 12/23 expiration. There are currently only two left on the website. One on the main page, and then when you click on that offer, click the continue button. It will take you to another page with a square Pledge offer on the right. That one has a different offer number. Both online offers currently expire on 12/29.
dioxide45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 13, 8:40 am   #881
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 9
12,000 Points

I have been able to take the Pledge product offers and Zulka Sugar offers and earn 12,000 points by simply taking advantage of each email offer and each screen shot offer. Its taking about 2 weeks to post to my Mypoints account.
David Gutierrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 13, 8:52 am   #882
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: new orleans
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Gutierrez View Post
I have been able to take the Pledge product offers and Zulka Sugar offers and earn 12,000 points by simply taking advantage of each email offer and each screen shot offer. Its taking about 2 weeks to post to my Mypoints account.
just checked and I didn't get the sugar offer, could you give the details.....I am just a bit curious. Many thanks!
midcitybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 13, 8:59 am   #883
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by midcitybeth View Post
just checked and I didn't get the sugar offer, could you give the details.....I am just a bit curious. Many thanks!
If you go to Mypoints.com and use the search function, put in Zulka and then hit Search Mypoints and it will pop up with the 1,500 point offer. I also received the email with a different offer code. It will have you take a screen shot and then you go and buy it and send the screen shot and the receipt and viola, points!
David Gutierrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 13, 9:34 am   #884
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Programs: aa marriott delta us air hyatt
Posts: 418
Must be a regional offer does not show up in mine
jim5518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 13, 5:23 pm   #885
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim5518 View Post
Must be a regional offer does not show up in mine
Must be, perhaps based on Zip Code. I checked the website and also did a search of my e-mail and I don't have any offers for Zulka.
dioxide45 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:28 pm.