MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Subscribe
Quote: Not sure if you need the UA miles for a trip or to extend the expiration date, but if not, and if you're going to continue to participate in Mypoints, you might think about holding off until you get to 10,100 Mypoints, which you can redeem for 5k UA miles. Altho that may take quite a bit longer, to redeem twice at 5,200 Mypoints means that you're using 10,400 Mypoints to get 5k UA miles, instead of 10,100 Mypoints. Just a thought.

Would be interested to hear how long it takes between redeeming the Mypoints and receiving the UA miles. Thx tls
Instant gratification, I don't like waiting and love watching my UA balance grow. I've made the redemption to UA miles for the last 2 years. Pretty consistent at 2-3 weeks each time.
Quote: Not sure if you need the UA miles for a trip or to extend the expiration date, but if not, and if you're going to continue to participate in Mypoints, you might think about holding off until you get to 10,100 Mypoints, which you can redeem for 5k UA miles. Altho that may take quite a bit longer, to redeem twice at 5,200 Mypoints means that you're using 10,400 Mypoints to get 5k UA miles, instead of 10,100 Mypoints. Just a thought.

Would be interested to hear how long it takes between redeeming the Mypoints and receiving the UA miles. Thx tls
But, then you take the risk of the award going away before you reach the 10100. Just ask those of us who did that for hhonors points only to have the award dissapear.
MyPoints search bar
Just received an email about the MyPoints search bar. Says it's 100 points after first use and then add'l points for add'l uses (i.e. I believe it's 100 points for 41 searches). This would be a pretty easy way to rack up some MyPoints points, BUT when I used it the first time my MyPoints account did not show the 100 points.

Just seeing if anyone else has utilized this and if they got their points?
mypoints toolbar - my experience
I have used the search bar for several months and it works fine. I do not remember about the sign up bonus, but the points for the searches usually show up a few days after month end.

Also, the search counter has a severe lag (one day)

Hope that helps

Quote: Just received an email about the MyPoints search bar. Says it's 100 points after first use and then add'l points for add'l uses (i.e. I believe it's 100 points for 41 searches). This would be a pretty easy way to rack up some MyPoints points, BUT when I used it the first time my MyPoints account did not show the 100 points.

Just seeing if anyone else has utilized this and if they got their points?
I actually had to install it twice. The first time I did not get the 100 point bonus, so I uninstalled and tried again. The second time the points posted. I'm not sure if that was due to a lag in posting combined with impatience on my part or if it did not work the first time.

Searches seem to post fairly quickly.
Thanks everyone. I'm probably just being impatient.
Quote: Thanks everyone. I'm probably just being impatient.
FWIW, stay on top of it. MyPoints (lack of) CS is legendary.
Completed the Famous Footwear 2,500pt offer. Well that's annoying!

Thank you for contacting MyPoints Member Services.

Please be informed that the points will be credited to your account within 30 days.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Dennis G
MyPoints Member Services
Quote: Completed the Famous Footwear 2,500pt offer. Well that's annoying!

Thank you for contacting MyPoints Member Services.

Please be informed that the points will be credited to your account within 30 days.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Dennis G
MyPoints Member Services
That is the standard response for those types of promotions. In about 30 days, they should show up as pending. It then should take another 30 days (approx) for them to move from pending to posted.
Today I received a MyPoints email/promotion for "4,000 Points" for funding a WorldWinner account with $10. In the T&C it states:

"4,000 Points from MyPoints will be deposited into qualifying MyPoints accounts by 3/12/13."

And also states:

"WorldWinner Rewards Points are different from the Points earned in the MyPoints program and may not be used for MyPoints rewards."

Does this mean that the "4,000 Points" bonus are WorldWinner Rewards Points? OR
Are they MyPoints Points?

Just wondering if anyone else has done these game sites and if they have any available info/help? These 4,000 points would give me exactly 7,500 MyPoints points which is enough for a $50 Amazon GC. I'd really love to pay $10 to fund this game site in order to get a $50 Amazon GC!
Yes it is in fact 4,000 mypoints. I did that exact offer a few months ago. Very easy! Wish I could get it again
Quote: Yes it is in fact 4,000 mypoints. I did that exact offer a few months ago. Very easy! Wish I could get it again
Fantastic! Thanks for the quick reply too
How do the charity offers work? Most of the ones I see want you to sign up for a monthly donation to get the points. I would do some of them if they would give the points for a single donation but I don't want to have to keep track of cancelling donations or having MyPoints not give the points if the monthly one is cancelled. I am 2000 points away from getting 5000 UA.
Quote: How do the charity offers work? Most of the ones I see want you to sign up for a monthly donation to get the points. I would do some of them if they would give the points for a single donation but I don't want to have to keep track of cancelling donations or having MyPoints not give the points if the monthly one is cancelled. I am 2000 points away from getting 5000 UA.
The offer of 5000 points for a minimum $100 one-time donation to Doctors Without Borders showed up for me in both November and December -- I donated in mid-November and it took about a month for the points to appear, and then another month for them to become spendable. I used them plus what I had for a 2500 UA mile award on Jan. 10 which still hasn't shown up at ua.com. So it looks like a minimum of 3 months from donating to getting miles out of it.
I jumped on the 4,000 point offer for funding a WorldWinner account with $10. I see the points in my account now with a pending date of 3/16/2013. Much faster than expected.
33  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  53  93