Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
Originally Posted by jkclayton1231
I don't like that Mypoints requires you to register your credit card(s) before they show you the merchant list. That makes me think its not worth the trouble.
https://www.mypointsconnect.com/

I got to the list without registering. Looks familiar. Wonder who the service provider is and what other points programs are using it. AAdvantage seems to be another customer, for one.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:10 pm
DrG

Programs: UA 2P, SPG Gold, PC Plt Amb
Has anybody gotten the 750 united mile bonus for signing up? How long does it usually take?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by DrG
Has anybody gotten the 750 united mile bonus for signing up? How long does it usually take?
I signed up in Dec and also have not gotten the 750 bonus miles. I'm going to send them a message and see if they transferred them yet.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 2:43 am

Just got a MyPoints survey that asked lots of questions about milage programs. It looks like they might start including programs other than UA, and are considering using milage rather than points to reward activity if a user prefers.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Carolinian
Just got a MyPoints survey that asked lots of questions about milage programs. It looks like they might start including programs other than UA, and are considering using milage rather than points to reward activity if a user prefers.
That would be nice.

Last edited by albertinio; Aug 11, 2010 at 2:17 pm
Old Apr 4, 2010, 5:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat, AS,
Originally Posted by aerospace
I've been getting 0 every time myself. Oh well, I'll keep spinning and not winning
It took a while but I won! So what if it was only 5 points.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 6:52 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by DrG
My mother joined March 2, 2010 and just yesterday (April 3, 2010) her 500 UA miles for joining posted to her UA account.

I think the key might be "keeping an active account" as it was listed as a requirement of getting the miles; i.e. earning points every day or two. All she ever did was to sign-up, complete her profile, and click on an e-mail (or two) every day or two. She only did free activities to earn points .... she didn't do any purchases or other non-free point earning activities. But, she is actually enjoying her membership and intends to start doing more (i.e. non-free activities) when appropriate.

Good luck; I hope you get your points!

Last edited by jgxtrav1; Apr 6, 2010 at 1:17 pm
Old Apr 4, 2010, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I got 100 points on my spin last night. Cool.

Mike
Old Apr 5, 2010, 4:33 pm

Programs: Membership has its benefits, or so I am told.
a big 5 points on my spin today!!!! wheee redemption is mine
Old Apr 7, 2010, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by jgxtrav1
My mother joined March 2, 2010 and just yesterday (April 3, 2010) her 500 UA miles for joining posted to her UA account.

I think the key might be "keeping an active account" as it was listed as a requirement of getting the miles; i.e. earning points every day or two. All she ever did was to sign-up, complete her profile, and click on an e-mail (or two) every day or two. She only did free activities to earn points .... she didn't do any purchases or other non-free point earning activities. But, she is actually enjoying her membership and intends to start doing more (i.e. non-free activities) when appropriate.

Good luck; I hope you get your points!
Joined before you and still waiting for my points deliver.

Last edited by farahmorales; Apr 8, 2010 at 9:57 am
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *G, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by EUG1K
It took a while but I won! So what if it was only 5 points.
Finally for me too. I spun and got 25 points!
Old Apr 10, 2010, 2:31 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
Played spin game everyday since promo started. Got my first (sorta) big win of 100 points!
Old Apr 12, 2010, 3:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat, AS,
Originally Posted by bestbet33
Played spin game everyday since promo started. Got my first (sorta) big win of 100 points!
I got 100 on my spin today (Sunday).
Old Apr 12, 2010, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Carolinian
That would be a good step I think

Last edited by hermaleg; Apr 13, 2010 at 12:03 pm
Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:43 pm
DrG

Programs: UA 2P, SPG Gold, PC Plt Amb
I have gotten 100 points on two occasions so far. This is after attempting the spin almost daily

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.