Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:10 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by samineni3
Hi maui

Did you get 30 day free trail as indicated in mypoints website. I see a charge for 7.99$ on my CC eventhough got an email stating that netflix will charge after free trail
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I actually just did the Netflix trial, & it posted in 3 days
To be honest I have no idea. Lol.

I churn this Netflix trial fairly frequently in other programs also and sometimes I get charged, sometimes I don't, and then sometimes they "hold" $7.99 and then give it back. But in all instances the miles or points are worth way more than the $7.99 so I'm ok with it.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:33 am

My family member has a mypoints acct with his united mileage plus number associated with it. Will he able to redeem mypoints for united miles for me (with my information)?. Thanks
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:15 pm

I found their BBB website here
Old Oct 29, 2012, 7:44 pm

My family member has a mypoints acct with his united mileage plus number associated with it. Will he able to redeem mypoints for united miles for me (with my information)?. Thanks
I asked a similar question back in post #395. I e-mailed MyPoints customer service to ask. The answer was No. United will look for the name on the MyPoints and MilagePlus account to match. I also know for a fact that if you already have your MP number associated with your MyPoints account, if your family member attempts to put your number in on their account when redeeming for the reward, they will get an error message that the MP number is already associated with another members MyPoints account.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:45 pm

Thanks for your clarification. My MP number was not associated with any mypoints account. However my family members acct was
Originally Posted by dioxide45
I asked a similar question back in post #395. I e-mailed MyPoints customer service to ask. The answer was No. United will look for the name on the MyPoints and MilagePlus account to match. I also know for a fact that if you already have your MP number associated with your MyPoints account, if your family member attempts to put your number in on their account when redeeming for the reward, they will get an error message that the MP number is already associated with another members MyPoints account.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by bmatt
My points from my opensky purchase did not post after 30 days. They wrote back and said that since I tried to verify my account while I was overseas, I would have to reverify or the points wouldn't post. I told them that I had tried 5 or 6 times, but it wouldn't work. I had even filed a customer service request stating I was unable to get the verification to work. The reply to that customer service request said I would not have any trouble with my points posting.

I feel like I am getting run around in a circle now and am losing hope that I will get my open sky points.

P.S. Their customer service is below par with the email only option. Takes up to 24 hours to respond to every email. They should be able to respond much faster if they want to have an email only option.
At least your account still remains open, so you still have hope of receiving your points. Apparently accessing one's account from overseas is a big No-No. This is the reason MyPoints gave me for recently closing my account, ensuring that I would never receive my points on the OpenSky promotion. I asked for further clarification, but MyPoints has failed to respond to my additional inquiries.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by DoubleJ
At least your account still remains open, so you still have hope of receiving your points. Apparently accessing one's account from overseas is a big No-No. This is the reason MyPoints gave me for recently closing my account, ensuring that I would never receive my points on the OpenSky promotion. I asked for further clarification, but MyPoints has failed to respond to my additional inquiries.
Try posting on their Facebook wall. Maybe they will be more willing to help you there.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 5:34 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Doesn't seem to be a problem

I have been overseas for almost 2 years and the only problem has been some of the emails (Office Depot, etc) come up as unable to display or load. Many reward redemptions and other activities without incident.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 5:52 pm

They closed my account but I got them to reopen it. I clicked on send me a new password and that allowed me to verify my account at the same time. I received my points finally.

Anyone have any information on the double points on all purchases email you get from them when you open an account. That would mean 100 points per dollar at open sky right now.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 9:32 pm

Does anyone know how long its gonna take to post points for blockbuster 3k promotion. Thanks
Old Oct 31, 2012, 9:54 pm

Does anyone know how long its gonna take to post points for blockbuster 3k promotion. Thanks
When I did it quite a while ago, it didn't post within 30 days and I had to ask for the points.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:23 pm

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by ioananv
Try posting on their Facebook wall. Maybe they will be more willing to help you there.
Thanks. That did cross my mind, but was expecting (perhaps naively?) that a simple cordial exchange of emails would solve the matter.

Originally Posted by rbAA
I have been overseas for almost 2 years and the only problem has been some of the emails (Office Depot, etc) come up as unable to display or load. Many reward redemptions and other activities without incident.
I've also had my account open for several years with no problems up to now, though I admit I've made only occasional use of it. My MyPoints account was fine when I made my OpenSky purchase (placed while overseas). Because of the sudden and coincidental closure, I did have the suspicion (perhaps unfounded) that the additional work needed to post the OpenSky purchase points brought to light the fact that the order was placed, and account accessed, while overseas (and meaning that MyPoints does track IP addresses).

After I received their first and only (and brief) reply concerning the reason behind the closure of my account, I checked their Terms of Service and it does state that "MyPoints reserves the right to prevent access to the Program and the MyPoints website from IP addresses outside of the U.S. and Canada." Apparently to the point of closing one's account.

Perhaps if MyPoints would reply to my emails (beyond the "We have received your email and have passed it on to the MOPS team"), I would have further insight into what has and is happening.

Originally Posted by bmatt
They closed my account but I got them to reopen it. I clicked on send me a new password and that allowed me to verify my account at the same time. I received my points finally.
If that's the case, then there's still hope that I might be able to reopen my account and receive the points. Thanks.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 5:42 am

I've contacted CS and they told me there are some issues with tracking orders and that i need to send them a copy of my order. I've done it but still no points.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 6:44 pm

Mypoints.com slow in awarding points than before.My Huggies second 1750 points are not posted yet and got generic email to wait for 30 days.
Originally Posted by antonen
I've contacted CS and they told me there are some issues with tracking orders and that i need to send them a copy of my order. I've done it but still no points.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by antonen
Chat with opensky, they seem to be more responsive and can get you your
mypoints to post in 48 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.