Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 28, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Uh oh.

I hope we're not possibly interpreting this wrong?

Old Sep 28, 2012, 7:08 am
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by uxb
Did anyone notice that MyPoints just rolled out membership levels? Apparently, I'm Gold... *shifts eyes*
Where did you see this on the MyPoints site. I wonder if the membership levels is what the 'alert' from earlier this year was about:

Originally Posted by Premier Monkey
Under "My Alerts" last week I received the following message:

You're one of MyPoints top members, so stay tuned — your rewards are getting amped up! Watch out for an email with more details.

Did anyone else get this? Have you received the email yet?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 7:10 am

Ok, now I am thoroughly confused. Despite my last image post, this post shows "150 Points Per Dollar" like how other offers show how many MyPoints are offered per dollar:

Old Sep 28, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by Max M
Uh oh.

I hope we're not possibly interpreting this wrong?
I'm pretty sure we're not. Notice in that language you posted Mypoints capitalizes Mypoints "Points" but not OpenSky "points." Then see that "Points"is capitalized in all other portions of the T&Cs, even where grammar would not call for it.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:49 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Premier Monkey
Where did you see this on the MyPoints site. I wonder if the membership levels is what the 'alert' from earlier this year was about:
It appeared in the upper-right corner yesterday evening when I posted.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Open sky changed the offer. Max points to be earned: 7,500 ($50 spend) very different terms from the original email ....
do u hv the link?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

It wasn't a link it was in an additional email. Guys I'm not making this up I did receive a new email with a revised 7,500 my point max. I don't know if they are going to honor the previous $500 spend, but I see on boardingarea posts blowing up about $500 / free stuff/ etc.

Don't get burned ... But I feel like people are going to. I've previously had a bad experience with opensky when they had a "buy anything receive 4,000 my point bonus", then they changed spend minimum to $50- and my 4k points were never awarded.

Upon receiving the first email I had to go go back and forth with myself - do I do it- do I not- I decided to not. & now I received the new email. Like I said be careful, imho
Old Sep 28, 2012, 3:01 pm

Was this email from opensky ? mypoints still show $500 max/household.

can you post the text of the email ? Not doubting you, but just to see how
they reworded it.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 6:33 pm

I also got the initial 150 points/dollar offer in an email, but I have never received another stating a lower offer.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 6:51 pm

Programs: Yes.
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
It wasn't a link it was in an additional email. Guys I'm not making this up I did receive a new email with a revised 7,500 my point max. I don't know if they are going to honor the previous $500 spend, but I see on boardingarea posts blowing up about $500 / free stuff/ etc.

Don't get burned ... But I feel like people are going to. I've previously had a bad experience with opensky when they had a "buy anything receive 4,000 my point bonus", then they changed spend minimum to $50- and my 4k points were never awarded.

Upon receiving the first email I had to go go back and forth with myself - do I do it- do I not- I decided to not. & now I received the new email. Like I said be careful, imho
Do you have any frenemies that might think it fun to pull a prank on you?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

I will post the email here and No, nobody would do that as a joke lol. I did check mypoints again. So weird. I give it a 2% chance I accidentally ready 7,500 instead of 75,000 brb
Old Sep 28, 2012, 8:02 pm

Here is an e-mail I received on the new Gold Status.

Announcing Improvements to the MyPoints Daily Rewards Program:

Gold Membership Level
MyPoints members can now qualify to be Gold members and have even more opportunities to earn Points and rewards. At the beginning of each quarter, we will announce the latest Gold Bonus opportunities.

For 4th quarter 2012 (October 1–December 31), Gold benefits will be:
  • An additional 25 Points for every 500 Points you earn by shopping through MyPoints
  • 750 Points for each of your member referrals who achieves Gold membership
  • Access to "Gold only" offers
To become a Gold member, just make one qualifying purchase using one of our money-saving deals for over 1,600 merchants. Click here to learn more.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 8:22 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by dioxide45
Here is an e-mail I received on the new Gold Status.
Yeah, I just saw that now. A big *yawn* if you ask me.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 9:21 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by uxb
Redeeming for UA miles is the only valuable thing left....
When I started with MyPoints, I cashed in my first award for UA miles. Then I discovered the gift cards. Those e-mails and surveys add up, as do the printed coupons (for those of us that use grocery coupons). In three years, I have collected almost $1100 in gift cards with enough points for another $200. New appliances for my kitchen with no $$ out-of-pocket. ^

BTW, I have occassionally attempted a MyPoints survey, not qualified, and not gotten my 10 points. An e-mail to customer service with the survey info and survey number has always gotten me a prompt apology and points in my account. Of all of the similar programs that I have participated in, the customer service at MyPoints is by far the best. ^
Old Sep 29, 2012, 9:32 pm

Thumbs up Big Relief on The Open Sky Offer!!!

Dear Max M,

Thank you for contacting MyPoints Member Services.

We are sorry for the confusion.

Please be informed that, the link used to complete the Open Sky transaction offers 150 MyPoints Points per dollar; therefore as per the Open Sky Web Offer you will be award 150 Points per dollar for the transaction.

Please note that, the the Points earned from Open Sky transaction, will be credited to the MyPoints account as like the usual transaction points.

We appreciate your understanding and thank you for your support of the MyPoints program.

Sincerely,

MyPoints Member Services
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Woo-hoo!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.