Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 11, 12, 2:28 pm   #451

No activity in this thread and no new bonus offers....
samineni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 12, 11:38 pm   #452

Quote:
Originally Posted by samineni3 View Post
No activity in this thread and no new bonus offers....
Interesting reason to bump it.
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 12, 8:51 am   #453

Had a birthday recently and noticed that I could get 750 bonus points for spending a minimum of $5 at select merchants. One of the merchants is restaurant.com. You also get 10 points per dollar with r.com. Will probably wait till they have a better promo code, but should be able to get at least 800 MyPoints by spending at least $5. Pretty good return on the dollar even if you never use the certificate.
dioxide45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 12, 2:15 pm   #454

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, CC Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Received this the other day:

Now that you've read the BonusMail, visit Huggies® page on Walmart.com. Receive 5 Points.

Once you get to the Huggies® page on Walmart.com, learn more about Huggies® Little Movers Slip-On Diapers. Purchase Huggies® Little Movers Slip-On Diapers at a Walmart and receive 1,000 Points.

There is a $2 coupon on Wal-Mart.com if you share this with 3 "friends" (e-mail addresses). I think that the price for the diapers is about $9 - so $7 out of pocket. I can donate the diapers to the food bank, so it won't go to waste.

Update:

I just got back from Wal-Mart. Total cost was $7.60.

Last edited by KathinJax; Sep 20, 12 at 7:02 pm. Reason: Update
KathinJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 12, 4:39 am   #455

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathinJax View Post
Received this the other day:

Now that you've read the BonusMail, visit Huggies® page on Walmart.com. Receive 5 Points.

Once you get to the Huggies® page on Walmart.com, learn more about Huggies® Little Movers Slip-On Diapers. Purchase Huggies® Little Movers Slip-On Diapers at a Walmart and receive 1,000 Points.

There is a $2 coupon on Wal-Mart.com if you share this with 3 "friends" (e-mail addresses). I think that the price for the diapers is about $9 - so $7 out of pocket. I can donate the diapers to the food bank, so it won't go to waste.

Update:

I just got back from Wal-Mart. Total cost was $7.60.
Thanks for pointing this out, I had somehow missed this one. Just printed the coupon. Like you, we don't need any diapers but will find a good home for them. Either with someone we work with or just donating them.

Looking back through my deleted MyPoints e-mails, I see that we received a similar offer back in May for Huggies Little Swimmers, which I also missed. Gotta love this thread, I would have missed many more if it weren't for people sharing tips here.

Last edited by dioxide45; Sep 21, 12 at 4:52 am.
Old Sep 22, 12, 4:50 am   #456

It looks like a similar situation to the last Cottonelle offer. No instant posting of points with a 5 day pending period.

Quote:
Thank you for contacting MyPoints Member Services.

Please be informed that the points will be credited to your account within 30 days.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Edited to add: It looks like the 1000 points posted pretty fast. I see them in my account with a one month pending period.

Last edited by dioxide45; Sep 25, 12 at 7:29 pm.
Old Sep 22, 12, 5:00 am   #457

Saw a recent BonusMail for 50 points for viewing a slideshow on instyle.com. I found that you have to turn off your popup blocker for instyle.com to get the 50 points to post. I am not sure if you have to click through every slide on the slide show, but that is what I did.
Old Sep 27, 12, 9:13 am   #458

Another Huggies Little Movers e-mail - but this time, it is for 1,750 Points. I had printed 2 coupons before, so it won't let me print the coupons again. Since my Mother had not printed the coupons, I will get her to print 2 and the food bank will receive more diapers. This will put me over the amount needed for another 5,000 United miles.

Purchase Huggies Little Movers again from Walmart and earn even more Points!

Once you get to the Huggies® page on Walmart.com, learn more about Huggies® Little Movers Slip-On Diapers. Purchase Huggies® Little Movers Slip-On Diapers at a Walmart and receive 1,000 Points 1,750 Points.*

***Once you complete the offer, 1,750 Points will be deposited into your MyPoints account within 30 days. 1,750 Points are enough Points to redeem for a $10 Walmart Gift Card.
Old Sep 27, 12, 9:31 am   #459

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Did anyone get the Open Sky invitation and then purchase? It says they give 150 points per dollar, but this makes no sense. With a $500 limit, that would give you 75,000 points. Seems too good to be true.
Nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 12, 10:05 am   #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
Did anyone get the Open Sky invitation and then purchase? It says they give 150 points per dollar, but this makes no sense. With a $500 limit, that would give you 75,000 points. Seems too good to be true.
Me too - I have been browsing, but haven't found anything yet. I wish that i was better at determining what would sell well. What I have found, is that OpenSky is definitely more expensive than Amazon!
Old Sep 27, 12, 10:08 am   #461

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier, HH Gold, SPG
Quote:
You did notice that they are giving out a maximum number of total points for this offer? So, if you do not act fast then you will earn no points at all.
ChinaShrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 12, 1:18 pm   #462

Quote:
Are these 150 mypoints or opensky points ?
lanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 12, 1:55 pm   #463

The Terms & Conditions are:

*This offer valid on purchases up to $500 per household. If you cancel, exchange or return your purchase, Points awarded for your original transaction will be deducted from your account.

**Points are available until 9/30/12, or until the maximum number of Points have been claimed. Once the maximum number of Points have been claimed, the offer will no longer be available and you will be directed back to the MyPoints website.

OpenSky points are different from Points earned in the MyPoints program and may not be used for MyPoints rewards.

The link to OpenSky has "Mypoints7500" in the link - I think that someone mistyped and that you are supposed to receive 15 MyPoints per dollar - not 150.
Old Sep 27, 12, 2:24 pm   #464

Programs: DL GM, PC Plat/Amb
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathinJax View Post
The Terms & Conditions are:

*This offer valid on purchases up to $500 per household. If you cancel, exchange or return your purchase, Points awarded for your original transaction will be deducted from your account.

**Points are available until 9/30/12, or until the maximum number of Points have been claimed. Once the maximum number of Points have been claimed, the offer will no longer be available and you will be directed back to the MyPoints website.

OpenSky points are different from Points earned in the MyPoints program and may not be used for MyPoints rewards.

The link to OpenSky has "Mypoints7500" in the link - I think that someone mistyped and that you are supposed to receive 15 MyPoints per dollar - not 150.
I don't think so. My mypoints homepage is covered with banners promoting the 150 points per dollar. If you go into the merchant list you see:

"OpenSky
Start shopping at OpenSky.

150 Points per dollar

Get an unheard of 150 Points per dollar on your purchase with OpenSky!"

I jumped into this with both feet.

ETA: I took screenshots of everything, just in case.

Last edited by andyandy; Sep 27, 12 at 2:27 pm. Reason: added info
andyandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 12, 2:46 pm   #465

Programs: DL GM, PC Plat/Amb
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanb View Post
Are these 150 mypoints or opensky points ?
Looks like there's a debate about this in the Slickdeals forum:
http://slickdeals.net/f/5257400-75-0...-Sky-purchase?

The Mypoints website sure looks like it is Mypoints though. As does the e-mail promoting it.

The only potential fly in the ointment is this language from the e-mail and T&Cs
"OpenSky points are different from Points earned in the MyPoints program and may not be used for MyPoints rewards." That phrase appears at the bottom, but is not asterisked or otherwise linked to the offer terms.

Nonetheless, nothing says that you get 150 "Open Sky" points. If Mypoints promises 150 points per dollar, it seems reasonable to assume that they are actually mypoints.

FWIW, I ordered. I did not receive 150 "open sky" points per dollar. I received 10 "opensky" points per dollar. No pending points with Mypoints yet.

Last edited by andyandy; Sep 27, 12 at 2:50 pm. Reason: added info
andyandy is offline   Reply With Quote