Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

I always consider 2 mypoints = 1 UA mile, so every time I take a survey, 25 miles! Every 5 point click, 2.5 miles! It always keeps me motivated
Old Aug 10, 2012, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got a response from the Cottonelle Offer submitted yesterday

I used Forward function with the original offer email, add my MyPoints account details and the offer code from the invitation, attached a pdf file of the WM receipt and the invitation, sent it to the address as instructed.

Somehow the reply went to my secondary email address registered with Yahoo. Dont know why. But here is the response:

Thank you for contacting MyPoints Member Services.

Please be informed that the points will be credited to your account within 1 to 2 weeks.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

So the response is overnight, but the points may take weeks to show up on this go round. The points posted really quickly on the 1st go round based on posts here. I hope this time it would not take longer than indicated. Unfortunately I did not partake the 1st round - wasn't paying any attention but now I view it as UA miles earning opp so I am motivated.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I used Forward function with the original offer email, add my MyPoints account details and the offer code from the invitation, attached a pdf file of the WM receipt and the invitation, sent it to the address as instructed.

Somehow the reply went to my secondary email address registered with Yahoo. Dont know why. But here is the response:

Thank you for contacting MyPoints Member Services.

Please be informed that the points will be credited to your account within 1 to 2 weeks.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

So the response is overnight, but the points may take weeks to show up on this go round. The points posted really quickly on the 1st go round based on posts here. I hope this time it would not take longer than indicated. Unfortunately I did not partake the 1st round - wasn't paying any attention but now I view it as UA miles earning opp so I am motivated.
I think they may have changed the verbiage in the e-mail. Mine and another one reported here indicated that they were "investigating". I have the Shout product form Sam's Club to send now. I will see what their response is on that.

It seems that they are perhaps getting away from the overnight posting of points with a 5 day pending period and holding off on posting the points. I think it would be better to post and just have a longer pending period.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:28 am

Submitted the Shout offer from Sam's Club and had an e-mail the next day indicating that the points were posted, the usual 5 day pending period applies. However, I still don't have the points posted from the second Cottonelle offer, though it hasn't been two weeks since I got the e-mail from them saying it would be 1-2 weeks for the points to be posted.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by dioxide45
Submitted the Shout offer from Sam's Club and had an e-mail the next day indicating that the points were posted, the usual 5 day pending period applies. However, I still don't have the points posted from the second Cottonelle offer, though it hasn't been two weeks since I got the e-mail from them saying it would be 1-2 weeks for the points to be posted.
I'd wait a little before emailing about Cottonelle, since the CS agent who receives an "early" email within the 2-week window is likely to just point out that it hasn't been enough time and pass the buck. If you wait until Monday, you can start requesting immediate action.

That Shout offer sounds pretty great. Might have to consider becoming a Sam's Club member.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by prolix
I'd wait a little before emailing about Cottonelle, since the CS agent who receives an "early" email within the 2-week window is likely to just point out that it hasn't been enough time and pass the buck. If you wait until Monday, you can start requesting immediate action.

That Shout offer sounds pretty great. Might have to consider becoming a Sam's Club member.
You can get a one day membership. Just go to the membership desk. When I went the folks behind the desk didn't know that was possible. They needed a supervisor to show them how to do it, but it is possible. You will pay 10% over the posted price, but the one day membership is free. My Shout purchase was $9.88. Not bad for 500 United miles. Plus, I will use the product (unlike the Raid that I bought at the Wall).
Old Aug 14, 2012, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by balima
You can get a one day membership. Just go to the membership desk. When I went the folks behind the desk didn't know that was possible. They needed a supervisor to show them how to do it, but it is possible. You will pay 10% over the posted price, but the one day membership is free. My Shout purchase was $9.88. Not bad for 500 United miles. Plus, I will use the product (unlike the Raid that I bought at the Wall).
This is what we did, my wife has a membership at Sam's. I am not a cardholder on it. I picked up a day pass and bought the Shout product, my DW bought one on her membership. Her receipt prints with her name on it and my receipt printed with mine. No issues there. Post 412 has some info o the day pass. There is also a link in there to a PDF of the day pass that you can print and take to the Customer Service counter.

We would never use the Shout product, but we found someone at work with kids in sports and sold it to them at a discount from what we paid.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:12 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
I sent in the second Cottonelle and second Glade offer yesterday. The Glade offer points have posted with a 5 day pending period. On the Cottonelle offer, I received the same e-mail that it would take 1-2 weeks for the points to post.

My points is my main way to get United Miles - Office Depot is usually my favorite set of points. I wait until I need at least $100 of supplies (for my business) and order for 1,000 points.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 5:30 pm

I am curious if anyone has yet to actually have their points post after receiving one of these "1 to 2 week" e-mails? We have been waiting about a week and a half on one and are just curious how long it would actually be taking.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by balima
Thanks, balima! I'm gonna have to look into this!
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:40 pm

Did any one got 2000 points for cottonelle and wipes offer. I am still waiting its more than 2 weeks..thanks
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by samineni3
Did any one got 2000 points for cottonelle and wipes offer. I am still waiting its more than 2 weeks..thanks
No points here either. Over two weeks also.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by samineni3
It looks like they posted today for me with a one month pending period.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by dioxide45
It looks like they posted today for me with a one month pending period.
My points posted as well - now, I only need another 2,200 points for a 5,000 United miles redemption.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 9:55 pm

Mine posted as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.