Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
The 1-800 fax number seems to be working again. I just faxed my paperwork and my Mother's paperwork and got a confirmation that it went through. I will see if the points post tomorrow. If so, I can finally redeem for United miles - yay!!!
Old Jul 24, 2012, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
Ah, I see. My guess is that we will get credit for the smaller products.

Mike
It seems that way
Old Jul 25, 2012, 4:49 am

Be Sure to Visit the MyPoints Website Periodically

I have noticed this over the years and thought I would pass it along for some who may never visit the actual website and only read the BonusMails. Visit the website periodically because they often have 5 point click through offers on the website. Usually some type of questionnaire. Usually one or two questions to see if you qualify for an offer or to lead you in to an offer. End result is 5 points for no cost except your time.

I have sometimes gone after a several week absence and there will be 12 offers which results in 60 extra points. The box with these offers appears in the right hand column about two thirds of the way down the page. The box has up to six tabs on it, each with a different question/offer. Once you cycle through all 6 of them (if there are 6), click your browser refresh button and check for more.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA, DL, HA, etc
Originally Posted by fungirl
I did receive a full credit yesterday for buying a 12-pack.

After not working fax fiasco, I contacted them by email. They replied to send back a reply with an attached scan of the email offer and a Walmart receipt.
Too bad it is not K-Mart. I get my receipts emailed to me rather than a printed copy I tend to lose.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I received full credit for the six-pack. Yuck, that stuff is rough!

Mike
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
Yuck, that stuff is rough!

Mike
WAY too much info.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:55 pm

Question United MileagePlus Miles Question

I have a question for those that redeem MyPoints for United Miles. Is it possible to "gift" the miles to someone else, or must they be transferred to your own MileagePlus account. Once all my pending points from the recent offers clear, I will have enough points for 5000 miles, however my wife has far more miles in her MileagePlus account and it would be better if the miles went to her account.

I see when you click on the reward it brings up a form with your billing information and a field to enter your MileagePlus number, but it is possible to change the billing info. Just not sure if anyone has been successful with doing this?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Do you honestly believe that there are people using MyPoints who NEVER visit the website?

In order to redeem points for rewards, one has to visit the website! Also, a lot of the click-throughs take one to the website (e.g., surveys for which one does not qualify).

Originally Posted by dioxide45
I have noticed this over the years and thought I would pass it along for some who may never visit the actual website and only read the BonusMails. Visit the website periodically because they often have 5 point click through offers on the website. Usually some type of questionnaire. Usually one or two questions to see if you qualify for an offer or to lead you in to an offer. End result is 5 points for no cost except your time.

I have sometimes gone after a several week absence and there will be 12 offers which results in 60 extra points. The box with these offers appears in the right hand column about two thirds of the way down the page. The box has up to six tabs on it, each with a different question/offer. Once you cycle through all 6 of them (if there are 6), click your browser refresh button and check for more.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Do you honestly believe that there are people using MyPoints who NEVER visit the website?

In order to redeem points for rewards, one has to visit the website! Also, a lot of the click-throughs take one to the website (e.g., surveys for which one does not qualify).
Considering that many people wait until they have enough points for a redemption, it is possible that they may not go to the site for months as it can take a long time to earn enough for a decent redemption. Also note that non-qualifiers on surveys don't land directly on MyPoints.com. They land on a sub page where the surveys I mention are not even shown.

When I land on a non-qualifier, the first thing I do is close the page/tab. I don't go to the home page. When just reading e-mails it is possible to go months without visiting mypoints.com directly.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Although I cashed in for the entire 3 product offer for 4000 points and the cottenelle 2000 points I am still getting email offers for cottenelle and glade plugins. I am tempted to try again for the additional points. Has anyone tried this yet?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by balima
Although I cashed in for the entire 3 product offer for 4000 points and the cottenelle 2000 points I am still getting email offers for cottenelle and glade plugins. I am tempted to try again for the additional points. Has anyone tried this yet?
I noticed the new offer for Cottonelle this morning. Tempted also, but will probably pass as we are not fans of the brand.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:21 pm

I tried to print the coupon, but it said I had used my limit.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by morgan1929
I tried to print the coupon, but it said I had used my limit.
You don't need to use the coupon to get the points though. You can just buy the products and submit for points. There is also a coupon out there for $1.50 off of a 12 pack of TP and wipes. I think it is directly on the Cottonelle website.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dioxide45
Considering that many people wait until they have enough points for a redemption, it is possible that they may not go to the site for months as it can take a long time to earn enough for a decent redemption. Also note that non-qualifiers on surveys don't land directly on MyPoints.com. They land on a sub page where the surveys I mention are not even shown.

When I land on a non-qualifier, the first thing I do is close the page/tab. I don't go to the home page. When just reading e-mails it is possible to go months without visiting mypoints.com directly.
I agree, especially on the disqualified survey page.

I also want to thank you for your kind reminder which has prompted me to check the specific area for the click thru and survey that otherwise I would not see. Gained 60 pts on one go.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 4:07 am

It looks through the click-through on the new e-mails is earning an extra 5 points, so that would make me think it would be a new offer also available for a new round of 2000 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.