Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2012, 5:45 am

Could someone post the 415 number if they have it handy. The 1800 number worked for me on the first deal, but now it is not working for me. Many many thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 6:45 am

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by midcitybeth
Could someone post the 415 number if they have it handy. The 1800 number worked for me on the first deal, but now it is not working for me. Many many thanks.
midcitybeth:

I just sent you a Private Message with the 415 Fax number I had from the Glade MyPoints offer.

Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dioxide45
Our local Walmart doesn't carry an 18 count Cottonelle Toilet Paper product. Only 12 or 24 . Ended up buying the 24 pack, will submit our receipts tomorrow. I should see the 2000 points since we bought both products. We surely won't run out of TP anytime soon. Used a bunch of coupons a while back along with a deal at Meijer and got 200+ rolls of TP. That has been cut in half through use, but now it looks like the stockpile will go back up with the Cottonelle. You can never have enough TP as long as you have the room to store it. It sure is awful if you run out of that stuff.
Except that I notice the quality of TP deteriorates over time. Once upon a time I had piles and piles stocked up from doing CVS Extra Bucks - run out of idea of what to buy in order to dispose over $400 ECBs... (still using the PUR faucet filters from doing this 3 years ago.) The TP would become much easier to become "torn" and lost some capacity of absorbency. Since then I avoid stockpiling TP.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Anyone have problems with the coupons not scanning. I just got back from my local WallyWorld. The cashier said there had been problems with the coupons not scanning and called a supervisor. Supervisor just walked over and said "If the coupons don't scan we don't take them", turned around and walked away.

This expedition was a total bust for me since I was also going to purchase a MO, the ATM machine needed attention. I asked someone to help and he said, "Oh, I can't help you, you need to go get someone". I walked out. I know why I don't like going to this WalMart. I'm going to try another one farther away.

But, did anyone else have issues with the coupons?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:35 am

I avoid my local Wal Mart as well. They make you feel like a scammer if you try to use coupons.

That being said, I've noticed that coupons work better when printed with a laser print instead of an ink jet.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA MM, Alaska Airlines MVP
I hate Walmart too, but I'll gladly go there for 2,000 or 4,000 points/miles
Anyway, haven't had problem with the coupons (I use a laser printer) but I haven't been able to send my faxes for 2 days now (using the 800-number). It's like the line is always busy or not working. Anyone else been able to get through? I tried emailing Mypoints- no response yet. What is their (415) fax number? Maybe I'll try that next.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
We had some issues with Wal-Mart - the cashier did not see one of the coupons, so it did not get scanned in on the receipt. Finally took a manager and about 20 minutes to get the old receipt voided and a new receipt issued. I really do not think that the extra miles was worth it.

However, we have not been able to get through to the 800 fax number. I even have called the number to see what is happening and the number just hangs up on you. I did e-mail My Points and they said the I could scan and e-mail the receipts and that they would be manually credited.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:29 pm

I can't get either # to work today.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by midcitybeth
I can't get either # to work today.
Same problem yesterday with one of the redemptions. I ended up e-mailing Member Services the fax packet in PDF form and explained that I got busy signals many times and couldn't get the fax to go through. Points were posted just as if a fax was sent. If you have received any prior confirmations of the 1000 points being posted for any product, you have their e-mail address as that is the address they come from. If you don't have it, PM me and I can give it to you. Though it is rather obvious.

I think the faxes just end up feeding in to the Member Services e-mail inbox, as the 1000 point confirmation I received back looked exactly the same as the ones for prior products that I faxed in.

Last edited by dioxide45; Jul 20, 2012 at 8:21 pm
Old Jul 21, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by balima
Anyone have problems with the coupons not scanning. I just got back from my local WallyWorld. The cashier said there had been problems with the coupons not scanning and called a supervisor. Supervisor just walked over and said "If the coupons don't scan we don't take them", turned around and walked away.
I don't think any of my DeskJet-printed coupons scanned. But the cashier just manually input something (receipt shows the word coupon) without any fuss. That was for 3 trips to Walmart, 2 stores. Today I'm off to buy toilet paper etc. I very much dislike that brand and never buy it, but I guess I can make an exception this time. Almost never shop at Walmart, Target is my store.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by dioxide45
Same problem yesterday with one of the redemptions. I ended up e-mailing Member Services the fax packet in PDF form and explained that I got busy signals many times and couldn't get the fax to go through. Points were posted just as if a fax was sent. If you have received any prior confirmations of the 1000 points being posted for any product, you have their e-mail address as that is the address they come from. If you don't have it, PM me and I can give it to you. Though it is rather obvious.

I think the faxes just end up feeding in to the Member Services e-mail inbox, as the 1000 point confirmation I received back looked exactly the same as the ones for prior products that I faxed in.
Well now I am not even sure if e-mailing works. The first e-mail I sent to Member Services I received an immediate automated response about how I should receive a reply from a rep in 24 hours time. The last e-mail I sent, I didn't get that automated reply at all. I had hoped that the points would post overnight and I would have an e-mail in my inbox confirming the points transaction but that didn't happen. So not sure if the e-mails are even getting through now.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by hulagrrl210
I hate Walmart too, but I'll gladly go there for 2,000 or 4,000 points/miles
Anyway, haven't had problem with the coupons (I use a laser printer) but I haven't been able to send my faxes for 2 days now (using the 800-number). It's like the line is always busy or not working. Anyone else been able to get through? I tried emailing Mypoints- no response yet. What is their (415) fax number? Maybe I'll try that next.
The Cottonelle email offer mentioned fax 1-800-342-8131. Tried multiple times and it didn'work on Thursday (mostly "no signal" error). So, I emailed Mypoints customer service [memberservices at mypoints.com]
explaining the issue and they gave me this fax number: 415-200-4420. Unfortunately, it didn't work either - same problem - no signal.

The same reply said that you could scan the fax package and email them at that email address and they manually post a credit. There is no mail-in option for this campaign.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:52 am

Programs: BA, DL, HA, etc
Originally Posted by fungirl
The Cottonelle email offer mentioned fax 1-800-342-8131. Tried multiple times and it didn'work on Thursday (mostly "no signal" error). So, I emailed Mypoints customer service [memberservices at mypoints.com]
explaining the issue and they gave me this fax number: 415-200-4420. Unfortunately, it didn't work either - same problem - no signal.

The same reply said that you could scan the fax package and email them at that email address and they manually post a credit. There is no mail-in option for this campaign.
You would think by now that companies would go with those fax-to-email services. I have a free one that lets me receive a fax via a PDF to my email account. Now if they would just read their email :-)
Old Jul 21, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold

This expedition was a total bust for me since I was also going to purchase a MO, the ATM machine needed attention. I asked someone to help and he said, "Oh, I can't help you, you need to go get someone". I walked out. I know why I don't like going to this WalMart. I'm going to try another one farther away.

But, did anyone else have issues with the coupons?
Just to update. So I go to another WallyWorld. Hand the cashier the coupons - presto change-o no problems. Scans without a hitch. And I had 12 coupons as I did all four purchases for 3 people.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 3:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Just to update. So I go to another WallyWorld. Hand the cashier the coupons - presto change-o no problems. Scans without a hitch. And I had 12 coupons as I did all four purchases for 3 people.
Some Wal-Mart employees just like to complicate things, which is probably what you experienced at the first one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.