Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Old Jan 1, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Today the video-viewing link is gone from the easy points section. Got a lot of points from these, so I hope it returns.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by linsj
Today the video-viewing link is gone from the easy points section. Got a lot of points from these, so I hope it returns.
The MyPoints Video Rewards is back, although it only has one video right now.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: AA,UA, BA, DAL, FB
MyPoints missing

Originally Posted by Tiki
I signed up for this because there is a 750 mile bonus on UA just to join. I haven't gotten the bonus but have been clicking on the 5 pt emails and attempting a few surveys and getting the 10 point rejection bonus. I watched several videos but haven't gotten the points for these. It seems to be slow going unless you spend money on stuff.
I can't remember which mileage program in the late summer/early fall I signed up to receive. It would have been AA or UAL. Forgot to take a screen shot. I'm bad, I know. I couldn't find a link to it. Can anyone provide it to me. My miles have not posted. TIA.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
this one?

http://www.mypoints.com/emp/u/ma/ump750.vm
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:00 pm

Touching on a few points in this thread: I signed up for My points almost 6 Years ago and NEVER recieved the UA Bonus Points yhat were used to draw me in. So, good luck. I would have walked but by that time I was to invested in the program with having earned points with their other earning activities. Over the years I gotten 4-6 Macy's $100.00 Gift Certs as well as about 25,000UA miles.

I worked for Marriott for a number of years at one of their Timeshare prperties. We used to give United miles as an enticement for people to tour the property and attend a sales presentation. We used to buy the miles from United for $.01 each so, because of that experience I tend to value the ponts at the same level.

My 'bone of contention' with My Points rightnow is their 'service' department. On 2/22 I ordered a $50.00 Outback Gift Card for the face Value of the card and was to get 300 points for doing so. When I filled out the purchase form and attempted to use a CC the form wanted to where the CC statement was sent. I filled in the name and address but I neglected to 'click' the box below that says, 'My shipping addres is the same as my billing address'. When I realized this I e-mailed My points with the problem and asked them to let the vendor know of the problem. The reply I recieved from My Points was that I should be assured that I will recieve my 300 points and that I should let the vendor know if the points don't post. I wasn't as concerned about the points as having the gift card shipped some where else than to me.

A few weeks ago I ordered the Panera Bread Gift Card on a similar deal and and remembered to check off the the shipping box. I recieved the Panera Card wihin about a week or ten days. In my reply from My points re: the Outback card to said to contact the vendor but there was no info on who the vender was. However,
when I recieved the Panera card there was a letter that said: My Points Redemption Center, c/o loyalty Innovations, 120 South 72ndST., Suite 310, Omaha NE, 68124. Two questions: 1.) Does anyone think the vender is 'Loyal Innovations'? 2.) does anyone have a phone # for my Points?

Thanks in advance for any possible help.

BTW, the 300 points posted within a few days of recieving the Panera GC. So, at least that one went smoothly.

Last edited by camargo; Mar 7, 2012 at 11:10 pm
Old Mar 8, 2012, 4:29 pm

Marriott TravelCard

I just went to redeem my points for a Marriott TravelCard. I ususally get the $75 one for 9100 points. The $75 and $100 do not show up. Does this mean they are just out or are they not available anymore. They still have the $50 one for 6,850 points, but the $75 was the best value.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 5:46 am

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by camargo
I signed up for My points almost 6 Years ago and NEVER recieved the UA Bonus Points yhat were used to draw me in.
++
Old Mar 9, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by ljknecht570
I just went to redeem my points for a Marriott TravelCard. I ususally get the $75 one for 9100 points. The $75 and $100 do not show up. Does this mean they are just out or are they not available anymore. They still have the $50 one for 6,850 points, but the $75 was the best value.

Those are my preferred awards as well and I do notice that they occassionally disappear for a while, but typically come back a few weeks later. So I'd suggest you hold off on redeeming the $50 unless you're short on time before your planned stay.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by bosman
Those are my preferred awards as well and I do notice that they occassionally disappear for a while, but typically come back a few weeks later. So I'd suggest you hold off on redeeming the $50 unless you're short on time before your planned stay.
Yes. And the very same question gets asked and answered on practically every page of this thread!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by ljknecht570
The $50, $75, and $100 Marriott awards are all available as of this morning.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by JerryFF
The $50, $75, and $100 Marriott awards are all available as of this morning.
Thanks--I contacted my points and they said the had run out of them. They were just waiting to get more inventory!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4mil miles, Hilton Gold
Can you use the Mariott Experience Travel card to pay for hotel rooms? Or are they only good for food, spa etc?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:56 am

Anyone else having problems with getting points for non-qualifying surveys? I answer the questions truthfully (real age, etc), go thru several pages of questions, it says you don't qualify.. which is normally 10 points. Not getting anything for these past couple of days. Clicking on the survey link lets you go thru it all over, which normally wouldn't work, it would say you already completed the offer. Anybody else notice this?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:14 am

All the time. Every 3 months or so, I check my account and click on those MyPoint Surveys that don't have points next to them. I then click on "see all related transactions" to see if the point posted at a later date. If not, I click on "contact member services" and ask for the 10 points for nonqualifying. It is a real pain but I usually recover 100 to 200 points this way.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by camargo
....My 'bone of contention' with My Points rightnow is their 'service' department. On 2/22 I ordered a $50.00 Outback Gift Card for the face Value of the card and was to get 300 points for doing so. When I filled out the purchase form and attempted to use a CC the form wanted to where the CC statement was sent. I filled in the name and address but I neglected to 'click' the box below that says, 'My shipping addres is the same as my billing address'. When I realized this I e-mailed My points with the problem and asked them to let the vendor know of the problem. The reply I recieved from My Points was that I should be assured that I will recieve my 300 points and that I should let the vendor know if the points don't post. I wasn't as concerned about the points as having the gift card shipped some where else than to me.

A few weeks ago I ordered the Panera Bread Gift Card on a similar deal and and remembered to check off the the shipping box. I recieved the Panera Card wihin about a week or ten days. In my reply from My points re: the Outback card to said to contact the vendor but there was no info on who the vender was. However,
when I recieved the Panera card there was a letter that said: My Points Redemption Center, c/o loyalty Innovations, 120 South 72ndST., Suite 310, Omaha NE, 68124. Two questions: 1.) Does anyone think the vender is 'Loyal Innovations'? 2.) does anyone have a phone # for my Points?

Thanks in advance for any possible help.

BTW, the 300 points posted within a few days of recieving the Panera GC. So, at least that one went smoothly.
You posted this on March 7, but your Outback transaction was on 2/22, just about two weeks before your post. The last time I had a problem with points posting (which is, luckily, not too often), they said to allow at least 30 days after the transaction.... And then, when I contacted them again after the 30 days, I got another e-mail that said the following:

Please wait 45 days from the end of the month you took advantage of these offers for our partners to report everything to us. After that waiting period, if your Points still haven't posted, please reply to this email.

OK, so I persisted, and eventually got my 250 points. Still, it is pretty annoying to have to jump through all these hoops just to get a bonus that is, realistically, only worth a dollar or two (if that). As a result, I stopped bothering with the MaxPoints offers (which were the source of my non-posting of points). I still use MyPoints for other things though.

Last edited by KathyWdrf; Apr 22, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.