Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:59 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I signed up for this because there is a 750 mile bonus on UA just to join. I haven't gotten the bonus but have been clicking on the 5 pt emails and attempting a few surveys and getting the 10 point rejection bonus. I watched several videos but haven't gotten the points for these. It seems to be slow going unless you spend money on stuff.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Tiki
It seems to be slow going unless you spend money on stuff.
It's extremeeeeeeely slow going - even after you spend money through their site.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 5:28 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by Ritz
It's extremeeeeeeely slow going - even after you spend money through their site.
I dunno....I guess it depends on how you define "slow". We've bought almost nothing from their shopping mall in the last few years, with the big exception being the Starbucks GC promotion they ran earlier this year ($10=500 points). Basically we just click on the five-pointers, answer the surveys, and do a very quick pass at the searchbar at the beginning of each month. Yet we've each managed to earn 5,000 United miles for each of the last two years. That might not be anything that would make a road warrior sit up and take notice, but I see it as an easy way to keep topping off the account at virtually no cost, and with minimal effort.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 2:39 pm
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Cornroaster
I'm missing a whole bunch of points from them too.
Looks like the Video Rewards points are posting right now...
Old Dec 6, 2011, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Premier Monkey
Looks like the Video Rewards points are posting right now...
I had several hundred points post from Video Rewards today. Glad to see them.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:40 pm

I got my video rewards, though there weren't that many. Also the 750 UA miles showed up. I hope they stay with the merged airline. My Points partners with UA but CO partners with E-Rewards and E-Miles, I hope they keep all 3.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
$75 Marriott Gift Card - 500 points

If you stay at Marriott, this seems like a great deal. You get 500 points for each $75 card you buy. Cards are redeemable at face value.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 4:12 pm

Netflix - 3000 points

$7.95/month, free 1 month trial, can be cancelled at any time.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by JerryFF
$7.95/month, free 1 month trial, can be cancelled at any time.
It may work differently now, but when I signed up for the Netflix free trial through MyPoints the points did not post until it converted to a paid membership. Something to watch out for if you don't plan on keeping this active for at least 1 month.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Saas
It may work differently now, but when I signed up for the Netflix free trial through MyPoints the points did not post until it converted to a paid membership. Something to watch out for if you don't plan on keeping this active for at least 1 month.
Even so, 3000 points is probably worth about $20-25 if you use gift certificates as a criterion for point value.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:59 am
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
MaxPoints Plus Points Holiday Bonus.
If you complete two "Plus Points" offers this month, you'll get a 150 point bonus, in addition to the 250 points for completing two offers.
https://www.mypoints.com/emp/u/emo/emo.vm
Old Dec 19, 2011, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Ritz
Not slow at all for me. I do the 5-poiinters for opening the e-mails, do the surveys, and book my travel through the various vendors that participate (Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, etc.). I don't make any other purchases. I redeem for gift cards and can pretty reliably earn $200 in gift cards each year. I have found it to be one of the fastest earning avenues I have used.

BTW, I started doing MyPoints to earn UA miles to top up my account for an award. Turns out that UA miles is probably one of the least efficient use of your MyPoints, although it can still be worthwhile for those that need to top up an account or create activity to keep their account current. Which proves that one size does NOT fit all when it comes to anything related to FT.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Premier Monkey
MaxPoints Plus Points Holiday Bonus.
If you complete two "Plus Points" offers this month, you'll get a 150 point bonus, in addition to the 250 points for completing two offers.
https://www.mypoints.com/emp/u/emo/emo.vm
I tried that a few days ago-signed up for 2 of the registration offers (Zulily and Jewelmint) and they aren't giving the points. It shows that I did the offer but there are no points associated with the transaction

12-17-11

Old Navy BonusMail

Clickthru

+5 Points

Questions about this transaction? See all related transactions. | Contact member services.

12-17-11

MaxPoints Web Offer

Clickthru

12-17-11

Zulily Offer

Clickthru

12-17-11

JewelMint Offer

Clickthru

It doesn't copy very well but in the above example Old Navy was an email click-thru. Zulily and JewelMint were on the Max bonus page.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 9:47 pm

$75 Marriott Gift Card - 500 points

I initially thought this was a good deal, too -- an easy way to earn some extra points for some credit card spending that I would do anyway (while staying at Marriott on business trips), but then I saw the terms and conditions in the confirmation e-mail (after I already bought the gift cards) and realized that I will not earn any Marriott Rewards points for any stays I pay for with the gift cards. That's a bad deal from my perspective, because I would rather earn 750 Marriott points for spending $75 (plus Elite bonus) rather than earn 500 MyPoints for the same spending.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by hawkandhoo
I initially thought this was a good deal, too -- an easy way to earn some extra points for some credit card spending that I would do anyway (while staying at Marriott on business trips), but then I saw the terms and conditions in the confirmation e-mail (after I already bought the gift cards) and realized that I will not earn any Marriott Rewards points for any stays I pay for with the gift cards. That's a bad deal from my perspective, because I would rather earn 750 Marriott points for spending $75 (plus Elite bonus) rather than earn 500 MyPoints for the same spending.
I wonder if these are "special" gift cards as I have used gift cards to pay (or partially pay) for rooms before and always earned points. That is, they have always been treated like regular cash or credit card payments in the past. What I have lost are the points on my Marriott Rewards VISA card for the value of the gift card, and that is a good point that I had not thought about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.