Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Perk is largely a 'run videos on your mobile device' program.

http://perk.com/perkstatic/home

You can run 3-4 devices per account at one time, so if you can find some $10 smartphones, you can connect them to your (unlimited data) home wifi network and just let them roll until they crash, which is unfortunately often these days. Reddit probably has some good tutorials in how to maximize earning from them.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Thanks a bunch! tls
Old Jan 30, 2016, 8:49 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Does anyone else have trouble getting MyPoints credit for booking hotel stays through their site to the hotel sites (specifically IHG)?
Each time I complete a stay, I wait a month to 6 weeks and still no points credit.
Then I have to contact MyPoints customer service and go round and round about getting stay points credit.
Almost as big of a hassle as getting individual coupon points credit that take months to post. "Almost*
Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Only 1 video is available for me today. Wonder if it's just a glitch, or a sign that a change is coming.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:36 am

Earlier today there were more videos available, then after a bit, any video clicked would play the one showing now. Most likely a computer error. I guess we should stay tuned....
Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:29 pm

It's now back to normal for me. tls
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:06 am

Well, now the videos won't run if I click on another browser tab (I'm using Chrome). That will make it tough to use, unless I'm reading something not on the 'net. Maybe it's a blessing ... tls
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:34 am

Yeah, I tried multiple tabs,using multiple windows, even tried the Edge browser. All efforts resulted in the videos stopping. Bummer. The fence just keeps getting higher, pretty soon too high for me to jump over...
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:57 am
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
Whatever they've done to update this page, it causes my browser to crash (both safari and firefox). As a result, today will be the last day i watch any videos. Too bad, these were nice and easy points.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:32 am

Unhappy MyPoints Videos

So far this is very disappointing. Incredibly slow and causing many crashes. I have tried Google, Chrome, Firefox, and IE. None work very well. If you are interested in points in a mannerly fashion, do not click on either of the "Draw My Life" windows in "Trending." Very boring and painfully slow. Running a close second is "Asteroids Galaxy Tour" under "Arts & Culture." Don't know if I can continue to use this method for points as it is so time-consuming. Hopefully it will be improved.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Over the past 4 days the credit for watched videos vs actual videos played has been way off and I already have enough things to message MyPoints CS about. I won't be doing videos for points again.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:31 am

MyPoints Videos

The following is posted on video pages:

Daily video counter resets at 12:01am Pacific Time. Points earned for watching videos will post to your account within 48 hours.
Transactions completed through advertisements on this page will not earn you Points.

Also, there is a counter on top right of video page telling you how many videos you have watched on the particular day.

Big improvements!!
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: Membership has its benefits, or so I am told.
redemption

Has anyone tried to redeem points lately, or contact Customer Service? When I try to redeem points, it asks for my birthday now (new to me?!) and then says it can't validate me. When I call the various 800 and 888 numbers provided in this thread and through a google search I just get "leave a message and we will email you back." Did I miss a warning to cash out my points cuz they were closing? I hope not as I have a LOT of points. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I just redeemed points last night. The site has asked for my birthday for quite a while, and I've had no problem with redeeming. MyPoints isn't closing.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 9:51 am

This happened to me last time I redeemed. I contacted them through their web site, and in a few days they responded by asking for my name, address and birthday, and to send a scanned copy of my ID. I did that, and subsequently I was able to redeem. tls

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.