Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Bing Rewards Discussion Thread [No Referrals]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bing Rewards Discussion Thread [No Referrals]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Now redeem your Bing credits for frequent flyer miles!

Looks like you can now transfer them to AA miles, US Airways, Lifemiles, Iceland Air & Hawaiian Airline miles.

I am outside of the US so the page will not load for me with more info. I will definitely start using Bing more often now.

Can we get a 1:1 conversion? ;-)
Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by 6am at ORD
It works out to buying miles at 4c each (usining the $5 Amazon award as a benchmark), so I'll pass.
True - but can be a way to keep accounts active. I've been redeeming for a $5 amazon GC about every 20-25 days for the past year plus, quicker if they offer 30 point days.

You can rack up a lot of points quickly when you start as they give points for clicking through a lot of info about the program. Once you are through that it is 1 pt per 2 searches up to 15 pts/day. Plus you can get an additional 10 pts by doing 20 searches on a moblie device (also 1pt/2 searches). There will also be at least one, but sometimes up to 4 special links of the day to click on to get a point each.

Occasionally they will do days where the max is 30 pts per day for searches - they recently did this on a few Mondays in April.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Yeah, I'm not sure what I'm going to do, keep getting the Starbucks gift cards (which I do use) or get the points. The miles/points aren't much, but at this point, I have quite a bit of $ on my Starbucks card (not just from Bing Rewards, but from e-rewards, etc.). Guess I'll need to make a decision in about a week .... tls
Old Apr 22, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Amazon Giftcards I think are still "the benchmark" here - that said, this would be good for keeping account active or topping up to a certain level before liquidating or redeeming an award.

Are we allowed to include referral links?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:06 pm

It looks like 4 Bing points per mile.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 7:34 pm

Observations on BR offering miles ...

1. Swagbucks recently has offered conversions of SB to BR at 1:1 ratio. The reward is currently listed as OOS but I did test it out to see if it worked earlier this week.
2. Virgin America is one of the listed airlines. 1 VX point is worth MUCH more than 1 miles on most other airlines.
3. The BR gold discount knocks the price down to 385 BR for a 100 point/mile reward
4. Based on the choice of airlines, this appears the same certificate thing that peanutlabs uses and I've redeemed many of em without issue. They are fast to credit, usually within one or two business days. It is worth noting that this certificate thing has changed partners in the last few weeks as Alaska Air was removed very recently.

I'm not sure that I'll opt for miles over Amazon GC's but the thought of scoring a VX flight or two is pretty tempting.

Last edited by moo-moo; Apr 22, 2014 at 7:39 pm Reason: grammar, typos, general
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:05 pm

Question about Bing's new miles/points rewards

So, Bing rewards has a new reward for miles/points. Per their website:
Redeem your credits and get 100 points/miles for your favorite frequent flyer, hotel or retail loyalty program. Participating programs include American Airlines AAdvantage®, Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns®, Hawaiian Airlines® HawaiianMiles®, Icelandair Saga Club, IHG® Rewards Club, LifeMiles, My BestBuy™ Rewards, SVM FuelCircle, US Airways® Dividend Miles® and Virgin Atlantic Flying Club.
I don't have a membership with any of these programs. All of my miles are with United. My question is this: Which one of these programs do you guys think gives the best bang for the buck?

Thanks!
Old May 4, 2014, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by imants
So, Bing rewards has a new reward for miles/points. Per their website:
Redeem your credits and get 100 points/miles for your favorite frequent flyer, hotel or retail loyalty program. Participating programs include American Airlines AAdvantage®, Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns®, Hawaiian Airlines® HawaiianMiles®, Icelandair Saga Club, IHG® Rewards Club, LifeMiles, My BestBuy™ Rewards, SVM FuelCircle, US Airways® Dividend Miles® and Virgin Atlantic Flying Club.
I don't have a membership with any of these programs. All of my miles are with United. My question is this: Which one of these programs do you guys think gives the best bang for the buck?

Thanks!
Given the (very) poor rate on conversion between programs, if there aren't any programs you're a member of you don't get many miles and you don't get the value of keeping accounts active either. Maybe you'd get a lot more bang from the buck by taking options that offer cash equivalent (like Amazon gift cards) and then pocketing the savings to pay for travel.

The value of the miles rewards they are offering (on a cents per mile basis) is way lower than the cash value of the rewards cards. I think they're trying to take advantage of us miles addicts by offering crappy equivalent values and figuring we won't care.

I'm amazingly over-dedicated to miles, but I'm passing on this one.

FTF
Old May 6, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Every Tuesday in May you can get 30 points for desktop searching, instead of the normal 15. I hope everyone finds what they're seeking! tls
Old May 7, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, UR, IHG platnium, AirAsia
It seems to me that the best value of Bing Rewards is 450 pts for Hulu+ per month since that is normally $7.99? That's almost 2 pts per $1 and could be useful to me.
Old May 18, 2014, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by JamieDee78
It seems to me that the best value of Bing Rewards is 450 pts for Hulu+ per month since that is normally $7.99? That's almost 2 pts per $1 and could be useful to me.
Best value IMHO is Skype credit (if you use Skype) or $5 amazon via swagbucks.
Old May 19, 2014, 8:28 am

I've used Skype a few times, and it was terrific, but it was always free. What do you need the credits for? tls
Old May 21, 2014, 4:17 am

the best bing reward i've seen is 500 swagbucks for 475 bing points, since 450 sb = $5 on amazon.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Up to 75 pts for searches today only 6/3/2014 (150 searches).
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:32 am

Yes, and that's just for "desktop" searches (which includes tablets). You can get another 10 points for "mobile" searches, plus a couple of non-search points, for a total of 87 today. Tls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.