Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Bing Rewards Discussion Thread [No Referrals]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bing Rewards Discussion Thread [No Referrals]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
I just noticed that iTunes is no longer an option under redemptions. When did that drop out? Bummer, I was considering that as my next reward. tls
Old Nov 1, 2015, 7:43 am

Bing is no longer showing 100 miles/points redemption offers....
Old Nov 1, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Oh man, that s#cks. I just redeemed for that on Friday. Not sure what I'll get now. Amazon and Starbucks I guess. tls
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:55 am

Hmm, I just noticed that the e-gift card for Dominos is no longer there, altho one for Papa John's is. I hadn't noticed that before. tls
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:20 pm
dc3

Originally Posted by KimmyChamp
Bing is no longer showing 100 miles/points redemption offers....
Thank you for contacting Bing Rewards customer support regarding the Airline miles reward.

We'd like to inform you that we no longer offer the Airline miles reward in the Bing Rewards program. Because we would like to provide our participants with a variety or Rewards, the available rewards will change often so check Redeem frequently to see what is new. There may be a limited number of some rewards and those will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. We also may substitute similar rewards. This is also in accordance to our Terms of Use. Additionally, we do not have updates if the said reward will be included again in the redemption page.

We apologize for any disappointment these changes may have caused. Thank you for being a loyal Bing Rewards member and be sure to frequently check your dashboard to take advantage of offers to earn additional credits.

Sincerely,

Mark
The Bing Rewards Team - http://bing.com/rewards
Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by dc3
Thank you for contacting Bing Rewards customer support regarding the Airline miles reward.

We'd like to inform you that we no longer offer the Airline miles reward in the Bing Rewards program. Because we would like to provide our participants with a variety or Rewards, the available rewards will change often so check Redeem frequently to see what is new. There may be a limited number of some rewards and those will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. We also may substitute similar rewards. This is also in accordance to our Terms of Use. Additionally, we do not have updates if the said reward will be included again in the redemption page.

We apologize for any disappointment these changes may have caused. Thank you for being a loyal Bing Rewards member and be sure to frequently check your dashboard to take advantage of offers to earn additional credits.

Sincerely,

Mark
Sounds like a lot of PR-speak to mask the fact that you'd like people to keep searching via Bing but want to give out the smallest/cheapest awards possible. As far as I can tell. Oh well, I'm still going to keep cashing out for Amazon cards and using them to pay for textbooks, hopefully for a good long time.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by dc3

Sincerely,

Mark
That stinks.. I'll keep on using it in case they offer it again.. Oh well.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:00 pm

Well, the program just took a major hit. Amazon and Starbucks went from 475 to 775 points to get a $5 gift card (and Burger King too, altho I've never redeemed that one). This stinks. tls
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:49 am

Not for Me

Originally Posted by thelostshark
Well, the program just took a major hit. Amazon and Starbucks went from 475 to 775 points to get a $5 gift card (and Burger King too, altho I've never redeemed that one). This stinks. tls

I don't see what you're talking about. The redemption amounts still look the same to me.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hawkandhoo
I don't see what you're talking about. The redemption amounts still look the same to me.
Hey tls - wondering about that too. I just saw your post in the autogenerated thread updates and was ready to be all pissed at Bing, especially since I had been eligible to buy my next Amazon card but hadn't got to it - but I went to my wife's account and mine and both still show 475 points for a $5 Amazon card.

(I went ahead and did my redemption anyway - no point in taking chances!)

But where are you seeing this change?

FTF

Last edited by FullTimeFlyer; Dec 13, 2015 at 9:08 am Reason: typo
Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:08 am

Well, I just double checked on my laptop, in both Chrome and Safari, and it still says 775 required (and it won't let me redeem my 500+ points for Amazon). But oddly, on my phone it says only 475 are required. I suppose I should check IE, but hopefully I can redeem through my phone. tls
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Still says 475 for me. Looks like Bing's "enhancements" are a la United Airlines.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 4:01 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thelostshark
Well, I just double checked on my laptop, in both Chrome and Safari, and it still says 775 required (and it won't let me redeem my 500+ points for Amazon). But oddly, on my phone it says only 475 are required. I suppose I should check IE, but hopefully I can redeem through my phone. tls
Hmmm...well, for what it's worth, I've been seeing the usual amounts on Edge and Firefox. Shouldn't make a difference but they are saying good old 475, and I redeemed on it successfully yesterday...

FTF
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:19 am

Well, my phone now also says 775 credits required. Am I the only one? I contacted them through their web site and asked why I'm being singled out. We'll see what they say. tls
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:37 pm

I contacted them. Response is below in itals. Apparently I'm some sort of guinea pig, but rest assured, it's being used to "improve" the overall member experience. Some improvement.

We would like to inform you that in the Bing Rewards program, we test and learn, making regular updates and refinements. We constantly make changes to the program which may include changing the number of credits that can be used to redeem a reward. As a part of our testing and learning, credit requirements may sometimes be different to other users. This helps us improve our overall program and the member experience.

We apologize again for any disappointment our recent changes may have caused. Thank you for being a loyal Bing Rewards member and be sure to frequently check your dashboard to take advantage of offers to earn additional credits.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.