Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Bing Rewards Discussion Thread [No Referrals]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bing Rewards Discussion Thread [No Referrals]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA,UA,HH,Marriott
I don't know what's going on with Bing. I used to play the word games for air miles, but the limits on rewards was disconcerting. I didn't play for awhile, and when I tried to go back, I didn't recognize anything, couldn't find the points I'd built up, or my games, and spent way too much time trying to figure out what happened. I don't want another tool bar, and sure don't want to have to use IE, so I'm done. It was fun for awhile, though.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
I suspect the OP is long gone, but I'll use Bing Rewards because it seems to work. The miles post in less than a week. I only wish we could earn more points thru Bing Rewards.

And re Club Bing, yes, they are full of problems, even for people who following all the rules. tls
Old Jul 14, 2011, 9:08 am

Bing Rewards is way better than Club Bing. However, I'd give one six point bonus a day rather than 3x 6 points twice a week and lower the search requirements per point significantly. Right now, that search requirement is way too low compared to sites like Swagbucks
Old Jul 24, 2011, 2:09 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
I'm guessing Nick_Bing , is either on a long vacation, doesn't know how to reply to PM's, or has vanished.

Nick_Bing , if you're still wanting to help out on FT, please read a PM I sent well over a week ago.

Thanks.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Max M
I'm guessing Nick_Bing , is either on a long vacation, doesn't know how to reply to PM's, or has vanished.

Nick_Bing , if you're still wanting to help out on FT, please read a PM I sent well over a week ago.

Thanks.
The only thing more annoying than a company that doesn't care is one that pretends to care, puts up a puppy post and never shows up again.

Mike
Old Jul 28, 2011, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
I finally admitted that I am done with Bing. Although it has been awhile since I played, I always thought I might go back. Nope. It's over. And this thread just solidifies that Bing shows "They just didn't care". (MST3K fans will recognize this line).
Old Jul 31, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
I'm with you...and all the others that worked with the program for a while, then gave it up because you just can't stand the crap any more.

And today, the Bing Rewards program, which I have been doing for a while, at least as long as they do the AA miles, suffered a dramatic degradation in value. The high-value searches that used to bring 6 credits dropped to 3. Presumably they're just trying to see how much they can take away and still have use.

OK, if that's how they want to play - I'm fighting back by reinstalling my Google bar this AM and giving them every search that isn't for reward points, and every search that will likely make the most money: ones for shopping and products. Then Bing can have ones just for points. For chrissakes, two can play this game.

FTF
Old Jul 31, 2011, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
And today, the Bing Rewards program, which I have been doing for a while, at least as long as they do the AA miles, suffered a dramatic degradation in value. The high-value searches that used to bring 6 credits dropped to 3. Presumably they're just trying to see how much they can take away and still have use.
FTF
Eh. It seems they just changed how you earn. You get less for just clicking on stupid videos, but it's much easier to get credits from regular searching now that's it's 2=1.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 5:41 pm

Yeah I'll trade teh high value searches for the 2 searches = 1 point. Does kind of suck that our 6 pointers are gone.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Yinzer
Eh. It seems they just changed how you earn. You get less for just clicking on stupid videos, but it's much easier to get credits from regular searching now that's it's 2=1.
I was already 2 searches for 1 point, so no benefit for me on that. However, since posting I've discovered Mrs FTF's regular search requirements have changed from 5 searches/point she's always had to 2 searches/point. So I'll admit that's a benefit.

No idea why I only needed 2 while she needed 5. We signed up at different times, and I guess that's all there is. Sounds like Yinzer must have had a higher searches/point number too.

For this month the max daily search points have increased to 10, so there's not a net loss of total points/week from halving the high-value searches. But you can bet that's just temporary, to try and get us used to the lower value. Then they'll yank down the search points, and we'll just be left with less. It's Club Bing all over again.

Had got used to using the Bing bar more since it's just there, but still shifting more search to Google since don't trust the Bing morons.

FTF
Old Aug 1, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
I'm only aware of 2 ways to get Bing Rewards points: (1) the searches, and (2) about twice a week clicking on links that do searches (lately it's been 3 links, for 3 points each).

Are there any other ways to get Bing Reward poins? Thx tls
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by thelostshark
I'm only aware of 2 ways to get Bing Rewards points: (1) the searches, and (2) about twice a week clicking on links that do searches (lately it's been 3 links, for 3 points each).

Are there any other ways to get Bing Reward poins? Thx tls
Not that I know of anyway.

FTF
Old Aug 7, 2011, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
For this month the max daily search points have increased to 10, so there's not a net loss of total points/week from halving the high-value searches. But you can bet that's just temporary, to try and get us used to the lower value. Then they'll yank down the search points, and we'll just be left with less. It's Club Bing all over again.

Had got used to using the Bing bar more since it's just there, but still shifting more search to Google since don't trust the Bing morons.

FTF
Hah! Microsoft are such a**holes; so predictable--and if what you're predicting is they will be working overtime to screw you, you are going to be right.

They didn't even wait until next month to start further devaluing their program. Dialed in today and instead of multiple Sunday searches for 6 points as it had been, then multiple Sunday searches for 3 points as it was for just one week, now its just ONE SINGLE multipoint search for 3 points.

You have to give them credit - they stick to their pattern. Start something that's worthwhile, try to get us addicted, and then screw us over.

I'm fighting back - learning the kinds of search terms that bring up no sponsored surveys. (Names, current news both seem to work well, especially unhappy news stories.) I encourage everyone to do the same.

Bingwads at MS: restore the program, and I'll go back to normal use. Until then, you want to ratchet us down to see how little value you can deliver - so do I.

FTF
Old Sep 24, 2011, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Gold, BW Diamond, HH Silver, VS Silver, CX Green
Does anyone know if you can have more than one Bing Rewards account and if so, can you use them to post AA miles to the same AA account? Or is it like Club Bing where you cannot do this?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:46 pm

Sorry, don't know the answer to that one.

This morning when I tried to use Bing Rewards, I had no opportunities. No special offers, and not even the 10 points for search opportunities. That's the first time I had nothing available. Then an hour or so after I was on-line the 10 points for searches appeared, as did an offer 3 points. Odd. Has this happened to anyone else? tls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.