FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.M. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/)
-   -   Bing Rewards vs. Swagbucks -- Which yields better search rewards? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m/1130062-bing-rewards-vs-swagbucks-yields-better-search-rewards.html)

sinfonia Sep 25, 2010 1:03 pm

Bing Rewards vs. Swagbucks -- Which yields better search rewards?

So, it appears Bing is rolling out a new rewards program as mentioned in the Bing thread here in S.P.A.M. SB doesn't currently offer AA miles as a reward so it seems Bing gets the point there, but it seems that you can earn SB faster than Bing rewards. For example, this article says Bing users can receive 8 credits a day maximum for searching (which would require at least 40 searches a day), and a $5 Amazon gift card costs 541 credits. So basically, if you max'ed out on searches every day for 68 days, you'd have enough for a $5 Amazon gift card. I don't know if SB has a maximum but I would say that with regular searching (and hardly ever entering in special codes from the blog, etc), I'm earning a $5 Amazon gift card about once a month. I'd love to jump ship from SB to something better, but aside from better rewards (such as miles), I don't see Bing Rewards as being it.

If I'm missing something, I'd love to hear about it.

bosbdl Sep 25, 2010 3:54 pm

Definitely think SB is better due to the lack of restriction. I earn at least 3 gift cards from SB every month from searches, the daily 4 points, and watching some videos. It doesn't sound like that's possible with Bing.

moo-moo Oct 5, 2010 3:59 pm

Not asked for AA frequent flyer number when redeeming

I redeemed 412 bing reward points today for 100 AA miles but was never asked for my FF number. Not sure how the AA redemption works and it appears bing rewards doesn't have their act together yet. :confused:

It is possible to earn bing reward points by clicking on links too.
- Click on the icon with your current number of bing points
- current offers tab
- many of the links are worth 12 points and post instantly

Max M Oct 5, 2010 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by moo-moo (Post 14892930)
I redeemed 412 bing reward points today for 100 AA miles but was never asked for my FF number. Not sure how the AA redemption works and it appears bing rewards doesn't have their act together yet. :confused:

It is possible to earn bing reward points by clicking on links too.
- Click on the icon with your current number of bing points
- current offers tab
- many of the links are worth 12 points and post instantly

I also redeemed today for 100 AA miles, and wondered why it didn't ask for my frequent flyer number, so I contacted Bing Rewards support... they should reply within 48 hours.

Interesting things about AA miles redemption for Bing Rewards:

-Unlike Club Bing, the fine print says you can earn 35,000 AA miles a year using Bing Rewards! This makes me think they will eventually offer higher mile redemptions in the future since they are currently in "preview mode" right now.
-Unlike Club Bing, no mention of the restriction to limit of 1 redemption per mileage award
-Unlike Club Bing, Bing Rewards claims that it will only take 1-2 weeks for the miles to post to one's AAdvantage account! :eek:

sinfonia Oct 5, 2010 4:28 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be watching Bing as it gets itself together to see if it's worth switching then.

moo-moo Oct 5, 2010 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Max M (Post 14893034)
I also redeemed today for 100 AA miles, and wondered why it didn't ask for my frequent flyer number, so I contacted Bing Rewards support... they should reply within 48 hours.

Apparently I'm not the only person who was confused on this redemption process. :rolleyes: Please let us know about their response. :-:

Ritz Oct 6, 2010 6:36 am

Just remember, Bing in general has awful, awful CS and is notorious for not giving an adeequte response when they do eventually get back to you. Also, redemptions for the new Bing rewards are still in their "Beta" stage, and I would think you're going to waiting a looooooong time to actually realize those AA miles (ie. Bing not even asking for the AAdvantage number on our accounts).

moo-moo Oct 8, 2010 12:56 pm

I received an email from bing today. I did not email them regarding the lack of an AA number when redeeming. I found it odd that they would thank me for an inquiry I did not make. Nevertheless, I'm happy since it appears somebody has identified this issue at bing.

Hello moo-moo,
Thanks for your inquiry.

Thank you for your order of 100 American Airlines Miles. Please reply to this e-mail with your American Airlines AAdvantage number.

Once we have received your AAdvantage number your order will be processed within 72 hours. The miles you ordered will be credited to your American Airlines account directly.

Thank you for being a member of Bing Rewards.

Sincerely,
The Bing Rewards team

Max M Oct 9, 2010 12:43 am

Originally Posted by moo-moo (Post 14910709)
I received an email from bing today. I did not email them regarding the lack of an AA number when redeeming. I found it odd that they would thank me for an inquiry I did not make. Nevertheless, I'm happy since it appears somebody has identified this issue at bing.

Just as an update, I received not 1, but 3 replies about the issue of not having a field/box to put in one's AAdvantage account when redeeming for Bing Rewards.

All 3 replies were worded exactly like the response moo-moo received.

Now the funny part. All 3 replies from Bing Rewards were in.... my MSN Hotmail Spam folder. [dated 10/8/10]

Max M Nov 2, 2010 1:35 am

I think that the AA miles for Bing Rewards posted, but am not sure. I saw strange listing on my AAdvantage account in this morning's sweep:

11/01/10 AADVANTAGE --BITTIME 100

Paging moo-moo. :D

davidwu Nov 3, 2010 2:24 pm

I know this is flyertalk, but I think there are better ways to redeem you 400+ points, like safe for an Amazon GC. 100 AA miles is no more than $2.

moo-moo Nov 3, 2010 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Max M (Post 15057969)
I think that the AA miles for Bing Rewards posted, but am not sure. I saw strange listing on my AAdvantage account in this morning's sweep:

11/01/10 AADVANTAGE --BITTIME 100

Paging moo-moo. :D

Yes, I received the same "BITTIME" description along with 100 AA miles. This must be Bing Rewards. ^

PG Nov 4, 2010 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by bosbdl (Post 14789042)
Definitely think SB is better due to the lack of restriction. I earn at least 3 gift cards from SB every month from searches, the daily 4 points, and watching some videos. It doesn't sound like that's possible with Bing.

What are the daily 4 points? I know the daily poll for 1 point. What are the rest?

And how does one get video points?

flapping arms Nov 5, 2010 7:14 am

Originally Posted by PG (Post 15078241)
What are the daily 4 points? I know the daily poll for 1 point. What are the rest?

OTTOMH:

* Using the tool bar. (Running the web browser and having the tool bar active.)
* Voting in the daily poll.
* Going to the trusted surveys page.
* Going to the NOSO page, after completing the NOSO profile.

Max M Mar 27, 2011 9:29 pm

When Bing Rewards started their Bing Bar, I would earn 1 Bing Rewards points for every search, for up to 10 Bing Rewards points.

Then a few weeks ago, Bing Rewards's Bing Bar required 3 searches just to earn 1 Bing Rewards point for up to 10 Bing Rewards points.

Now, Bing Rewards's Bing Bar requires 5 searches just to earn 1 Bing Rewards point for up to 10 Bing Rewards points. So now I have to conduct 50 searches to earn what used to be given for merely conducting 10 searches using the Bing Bar.

:( *Sigh*

Is this the same amount of searches other people that have the Bing Bar have to do now to earn 1 Bing Rewards Point?