7.5 hour layover in MOW on 30APR

Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:50 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Original Poster
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Hey there, Russia forum-

As per the title, I'll be having a 7.5 hour layover (intl to domestic DME to SVO; 10am until 5pm) in Moscow later on this week. Already have a visa from previous trips, and curious about your time-constrained suggestions.

If anyone's available to meet up, that could also work.

TIA,
BmB
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
7.5 hours is plenty of time for a comfortable transfer between DME and SVO by public transport or taxi/uber. I wonder why dont' you just transfer within DME or within SVO? Most domestic routes served from SVO are also served from DME.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:40 pm

You are a bit lucky. As +20 is predicted right that day after a very cold April(even by Moscow standards). So I'd recommend just to walk around the city, have some beer. I suppose you've seen all the major things and you know the city. U may go to Gorky Park or Sparrow Hills/MSU. That's nice to have a rest between yr trips and is convenient logistically (DME - train to Paveletskaya - metro Oktyabrskaya(park) - metro Belloruskaya - train to SVO). Anyway it's hard to say anything not knowing what you're interested in, how big luggage u have etc.

Last edited by Krysenok; Apr 26, 2017 at 6:46 pm
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by Krysenok
You are a bit lucky. As +20 is predicted right that day after a very cold April(even by Moscow standards).
Seriously, the weather has been horrendous lately.

As others have said, 7 and a half hours is plenty of time to connect from DME to SVO. If you are into craft beers, I could recommend a few great watering holes

I also second the Gorky Park suggestion as it's right on your way to Belorusskaya on the circle line.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:46 am

As for the craft beer bar, there are a lot of them now. One nice place right next to the Belorusskiy train station.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

спасибо for your replies, everyone.

Gorky Park sounds like a worthwhile idea...this time, I'd like to focus on unusual architecture - for example, the "Faberge egg" house was on the list for the last visit.

If possible, I'd like to pick up a second-hand camera (maybe at Gorbushka, unless someone has a better suggestion), and visit the Sevastopol Hotel Market, too (perhaps they'll have an Afghan restaurant).
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento

.this time, I'd like to focus on unusual architecture - for example, the "Faberge egg" house was on the list for the last visit.
I had to google what it is
If you want to meet-up PM me. I'll be probably free for a couple of hrs that day.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Krysenok
I had to google what it is
If you want to meet-up PM me. I'll be probably free for a couple of hrs that day.
That egg house is near a pleasant tea/ice cream shop.

Shucks, just realized that the flight leaves from VKO; does Kievskiy Station have luggage storage?
@Krysenok, will send you a PM if I have time; around when would be best for you?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 4:53 am

All the stations should have it. Around 12 am is ok.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.