Search

Aeroflot Baggage Wait at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:25 am
a7m
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.
Aeroflot Baggage Wait at JFK

Aeroflot is my preferred airline when I fly to SVO from New York, and I was fairly happy with it on my last two flights. Except waiting for baggage by the carousel at JFK for 75 min. Is it a common occurrence? Is there staff shortage for uncommon airlines at JFK?

Last edited by a7m; Feb 18, 2017 at 11:54 am
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:46 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
I don't think it is Aeroflot-specific. I have waited for very long periods for my luggage at JFK. A real hassle if you have a connecting flight. I now fly Etihad AUH-JFK and love that Abu Dhabi has preclearance. Since flying Etihad, I have never had to wait for more than 15 minutes for my luggage in JFK.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:36 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the thread as it moves to the Russia-based airline forum, as it is more specific to the airline than to travel to or within Russia. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Its terminal 1 specific. The only fast people who get luggage quickly at Terminal 1 JFK are Club 2000/La Premier "First Class" passengers flying Air France. The station manager will go to the plane and collect the bags and personally drop it off at the carousel. So the first bags to arrive are these hand carried bags for F pax. I should note that LH does the same with their Lufthansa HON pax only. SU has no such service, neither do any of the other airlines operating out of Terminal 1 other than Air France and Lufthansa.

Most people arriving on these flights don't have global entry and it takes them a while to clear customs anyway.

I personally didn't notice a wait that was too long. Jet Blue ( on international flights) take a long time too. Sometimes up to 90 minutes...
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
[QUOTE=

I personally didn't notice a wait that was too long. Jet Blue ( on international flights) take a long time too. Sometimes up to 90 minutes...[/QUOTE]

That anybody thinks that 90 mins waiting for your luggage is acceptable is just beyond me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.