Immigrant (External/Internal) Neighborhoods in Moscow

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2016, 11:46 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Original Poster
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Immigrant (External/Internal) Neighborhoods in Moscow

Hello,

While wandering about the Danilovsky Market earlier today, I came upon a Dagestan-inspired snack vendor. Nuanced.

While trying a couple of bites there, I started to wonder about various neighborhoods throughout Moscow that might house significant ___ groups (e.g. where's the Tajik part of town? Or Azeri? Tatar? Do they even exist?)...I'd like to make it a goal for tomorrow and Monday to eat my way around these areas, if they exist.

Please let me know if you are familiar with such places.

BmB
Old Aug 20, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Moscow still does not have "ethnic" neighborhoods. There are more immigrants in cheaper residential areas then in more expensive ones, but Russians will still be a majority in all of them.
That said, there probably is a decent (but pricey) Azeri restaurant somewhere in the beginning of the Kutuzovsky prospekt, and if you happen to be in the Lyublino district, then the migrant-filled "Moscow wholesale and retail mall" should have more than one ethnic food joint.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 12:59 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Original Poster
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Temedar
Moscow still does not have "ethnic" neighborhoods. There are more immigrants in cheaper residential areas then in more expensive ones, but Russians will still be a majority in all of them.
That said, there probably is a decent (but pricey) Azeri restaurant somewhere in the beginning of the Kutuzovsky prospekt, and if you happen to be in the Lyublino district, then the migrant-filled "Moscow wholesale and retail mall" should have more than one ethnic food joint.
Спасибо, Temedar. Going to check out Lyublino tomorrow.

Yes, after flipping through a few online articles, I noticed that those types of enclaves don't really exist in Moscow.

In spite of this, do you know of (a link to) regional products stores throughout Moscow? For example, there's an Armenian store/restaurant by Тверская metro. Both Russian/English links will do.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 12:44 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
I'm afraid my knowledge of grocery stores is limited to Auchan and other major supermarket chains

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.