Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

TUPOLEV Tu-154 still flying commerical ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2016, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum

Was wondering if any of the the TUPOLEV Tu-154's were still flying any commercial routes either in Russia or the neighbouring regions..

Any info...??
Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
I've tried to find a Tu-154 in the winter 2015/16 schedules for the airlines that still seem to have them and failed Belavia, Alrosa, Yakutiya seem not to be operating any 154s. Couldn't find a complete schedule for Gazpromavia, however they have only a few scheduled routes, so not much chances here either.
Even Air Koryo has their only Tu-154 stored (according to wiki)
Old Feb 14, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: AR, LA, A3, UT, 6R, U6, PS, SU, and many more
Hello there
I flew on the Tu154 this week. It wasn't easy. But here i've posted a report, you might find it interesting, and feel free to ask me for any help...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...svx-4g409.html

Cheers,
Eielef@MOW
Old Feb 15, 2016, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Very interesting trip report.. Thanks for sharing the link..

Looks like the OZON site is all in Russian..Any information on any other Russian booking site that offers info in English as well..???
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:46 pm

Programs: AR, LA, A3, UT, 6R, U6, PS, SU, and many more
I was on monday in Domodedovo and saw some crew from Alrosa on the RA-85757. Also, the RA-85684 seems in flying conditions, as well as the RA-65693 (this a Tu134).
I would be say they are the last flying birds of Alrosa (besides some helicopters and cargo planes, such as Il76).
Thing with Alrosa is that they mostly don't accept passengers on their flights. But is always worth to ask them....
http://www.alrosa.aero/raspisanie/25...ary26march.pdf
There is the current timetable till March 26th. There is only one flight scheduled on Tu154 (DME-PYJ-DME) and a few more flight on Tu134: MJZ-YKS, MJZ-OVB, MJZ-IKT.
And they won't last any long. I'll try to catch the Tu134 before its too late, but I'm not sure if i'll have the time to do so!
Cheers
Eielef
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Wondering if anyone has any updated info on any Tupolev's, Ilyushin's or Yak's still anywhere at in Russia or neighboring regions ?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
You're out of luck with Tu-154 (only AirKoryo has 2 operating ones).

AN-24 - quite a few airlines still operating,
YAK-42 - Motor Sich has a few operating (domestic flights within Ukraine).
IL-96 - Cubana Aviación.

Go through the wikipedia pages of each plane type and see which companies are still operating them.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Alrosa still operates some regular flights with Tu-134 and Tu-154 planes, according to their schedule (PDF on their website). FlightRadar seems to confirm Tu-134 operations, as well as OVB airport's site.
Saratov Airlines still uses the Yak-42s, even on some flights from Moscow (DME).

Last edited by Temedar; Feb 6, 2018 at 10:31 am Reason: Additions, spelling
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Just checking the Irkutsk Airport departure board IRL - and I can only say that flying on an Antonov shouldn't be a problem. Plenty of routes from Irkutsk on Angara Airlines, which can even be booked through OTAs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angara_Airlines
https://iktport.ru/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.