Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

One hour enough for VKO transit?

Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus (*G), AB Gold (OW Sapphire), SQ Gold (now down to Classic), EK Gold (now silver)

TK is throwing super cheap fares from VKO. I've bought a VKO-KIX ticket from TK (IST transit) . The thing is I'm based in IST and I was initially going to get IST-KIX but because TK quoted nearly double the price for IST-KIX (direct flight) so I opted for VKO-IST-KIX. Besides for the double price I would get W tickets (earns %25 on TK), now it is V class (earns %50 on TK)

I'm (and will be) in IST so I tried to skip the first leg. TK wouldn't let me do that, however. Whole itinerary is cancelled if one of the legs not flown in the order) so I'have decided to get a one way IST-VKO ticket to start KIX trip from VKO. Even with that purchase IST-VKO-IST-KIX-IST-(VKO) is way much cheaper then IST-KIX-IST. I will simply skip and won't fly the very last IST-VKO leg on the way back.

I'm thinking about taking an IST-VKO flight which return of that very same plane is the VKO-IST flight which is the start of the VKO-IST-KIX itinerary. So I will be going to VKO and coming back with the same plane and there is only 1:00 hour between landing and departing. VKO airport web page says boarding stops 25 min before the departure. So I will have 35 min to get off the plane go through security and to transit area head to gate and get on the plane. I think I can get BP for VKO-IST and IST-KIX legs in Istanbul while checking in for IST-VKO flight, so when I arrive at VKO I should already have BP for the remaining flights.

Do you think one hour transit in VKO is enough and RT with the same plane is doable? I assume with some rush its doable but I have not transited from VKO before, so I'm not sure. TK flies from new Terminal A. One other thing is I'm concerned is delays if plane is parked in tarmac instead of apron. It will certainly take more time from/to terminal with bus.

I have already bought VKO-IST-KIX but could not decide for the IST-VKO. I may opt for an earlier flight but that would cause some other problems for me.....

Last edited by Curious_Traveller; Jul 1, 2015 at 3:06 pm Reason: typos
Old Jul 3, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AY Gold, FB Gold, BT VIP
I flew IST-VKO-IST on the same day two years ago. If I remember well, the plane disembarks in an area different from the boarding zone. So you will need to book a flight early. Also, you will not be allowed on the plane IST-VKO if you don't have a Russian visa!
Old Jul 3, 2015, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus (*G), AB Gold (OW Sapphire), SQ Gold (now down to Classic), EK Gold (now silver)
Visa no problem

Thanks @aufmatt for the reply.

Visa is no problem because I'm a Turkish national and Turkish nationals do not require visa to enter Russia. If that was the case I would have been denied boarding IST-VKO anyway

I'm just curios, under current current arrival and departure conditions of Terminal A VKO, is it timely viable to catch the very same plane departing one hour after it scheduled landing time....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.