Wiki Posts
Search

landing In russia without a visa

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dsauch
Originally Posted by emkay
the outbound flight is today, the return flight which is the problem one is on jan 15th. im still at a loss for what to do
hmm, that information is not in OP - not sure now what the sequence is and from/where you are going.

anyway your choices are two:
change ticket
try to get visa in a consulate wherever you are going between 5th and 15th.
I originally thought the airport change was in the first flight, I didn't realize it was on the return. I do not want to waste my vacation traveling a couple hours and waiting in government offices for the slight chance that they will have it on time. I realize those are the two obvious answers , I was looking to see if some of the brilliant travel minds here had other ideas. (which I believe I found)
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: UA, HH
I originally thought the airport change was in the first flight, I didn't realize it was on the return. I do not want to waste my vacation traveling a couple hours and waiting in government offices for the slight chance that they will have it on time. I realize those are the two obvious answers , I was looking to see if some of the brilliant travel minds here had other ideas. (which I believe I found)
Keep us posted and good luck.

I arrived to DME once with cancelled Belarus passport (received a new one) and was denied entry, even though I did not even need a visa. Was given a fine (not sure how they wanted me to pay it, since I was not allowed in the country) and put back on LH flight to FRA. They also got 2 bottles of bourbon from my luggage by not allowing me to check it
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Artemk
Keep us posted and good luck.
i will and thanks
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:33 am

This is late but probably it will be helpful to others who will run into the same situation.. according to the SVO website

If the flight change requires a stay in Sheremetyevo for more than 24 hours, foreign transit passengers can get a RF transit visa directly in the airport (if the ticket for continuation of the flight of the carrier and current identification documents are submitted). The duty consul works in the airport from 6:00 to 1:00 daily. The office telephone number of the duty consul in Sheremetyevo: +7 (495) 971-20-82.
This quote is about people who need to stay in SVO for long period (24+ h) of time but transit visa is a transit visa after all, right? I think it will be worth a try to people who are in the same situation!

Cheers.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zspdztzx
This is late but probably it will be helpful to others who will run into the same situation.. according to the SVO website

This quote is about people who need to stay in SVO for long period (24+ h) of time but transit visa is a transit visa after all, right? I think it will be worth a try to people who are in the same situation!

Cheers.
are you saying that you can technically leave the airport with that?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:46 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by zspdztzx

Cheers.
I think this is no longer true but will be interested to see what happens.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
You can technically be denied boarding on your flight to Russia with that
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:57 am

I think so, IF you get the transit visa from there. But what I was saying is really a last-ditch suggestion for people whom didn't notice the need of a transit visa until the very last minute! Get the transit visa in advance (or better, avoids switching airports in Moscow!)
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:46 am

i have a stopover in moscow on jan 5th and i just realized that there is an airport change from SVO to VKO, im assuming there is no way to get a visa in the airport. what will happen in russia?
Hello! Read about 72 hour visa-free stay in Russia, it was possible before.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tsw2k
Hello! Read about 72 hour visa-free stay in Russia, it was possible before.
dont think it currently exists
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:45 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Haven't heard from the OP in a while - is he in the Siberian gulag?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.