Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Russian visa application in NY -- health insurance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2014, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold

Hi All,

Had a question on applying for a 3-year multiple entry Russian tourist visa in NY with a US passport.

How strict are they on the health insurance requirement? Have they been looking at the insurance info? Is there a list of approved insurers that they specify?

Over the years, I've gotten more than 2-dozen Russian visas, but always on my UK passport, and usually in London or NY. In London they never even look a the health insurance stuff, but on my most recent application in Rome, they insisted on having an original policy doc from a Russian insurer approved by the embassy in Italy, which meant that I had to dash off at the last minute to find a place that sold policies the third-party visa agency would accept.

As such, I'd really appreciate any input people have regarding the ILS Russian Visa center in NY specifically.

Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
It's reciprocity. I think EU mandates Russians to have heath insurance, so there's reciprocity there. Maybe they're lax with that in LON. When I was getting my Russian visa in LIS on a US passport, they didn't ask for health insurance, but they DO ask it from EU citizens there.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: BAEC (Silver)
UK citizens don't need insurance for Russia and vice versa due to an agreement signed in 1993.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.