Wiki Posts
Search

Moscow for Thanksgiving?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2014, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott PLT, SPG GLD, DL PM, National EE
Moscow for Thanksgiving?

I found a great fare via Aeroflot into SVO... Thinking of going over Thanksgiving. Is 4 days good to see some of Moscow?

Any experience with this airline?

Is getting a Travel Visa hard?

"Hotel costs are crazy in Moscow"... is that true?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Please look at the 'Russia' forum. Many of your questions will be answered there. I alerted the mods to move this thread there.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 4:10 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Let me move this thread to the Russia forum for more discussion about the OP's trip. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 10:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
4 days is quite enough. Hotels are expensive, however you'll be visiting in a low season, so better check the prices yourself to see if you find them crazy or not.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
This being FT - there are also great deals to be had using points
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott PLT, SPG GLD, DL PM, National EE
How long does it take to get a Visa? Cost of the visa is like $150?

Is Moscow safe?

Will Aeroflot miles carry over as 100% MQM to Delta?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Moscow is quite safe, the center is maybe even safer than other major European capitals - more police, less pickpockets.
I've answered your DL question in another thread. No idea about the visas, sorry. There is a special thread for it in this forum, and it may have a lot of relevant information.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:54 am
a7m

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.
Originally Posted by AFONTANEZ
How long does it take to get a Visa? . . . Will Aeroflot miles carry over as 100% MQM to Delta?
VISA: If you are in FL, you will have to rely on third-party visa centers like VISA HQ. It will make your visa fairly expensive (~ $250). It should take a couple of weeks.

AEROFLOT & DELTA: Whether Aeroflot can earn you miles is questionable. Even though both belong in the SkyTeam Alliance, Aeroflot simply gives you no Delta miles for many of its economy flights. Before booking, check this: http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-airlines.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.