Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Visa in US passport for Russian citizen?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2014, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards A+, CP, Amex Plat (and all that comes with it)

My situation is that I need to travel to Russia within the next couple of weeks (ideally, about 1 week from today).

I have:
- A US Passport
- An old expired Russian international passport (expired two years ago)

I had (but lost) a Russian internal passport that would still be valid.

If I understand correctly, it would take at least a few months to replace my Russian passport. What I am hoping is that there is some way to get a Visa using my US passport. I know that technically this is against the rules and that they may notice that my US passport states that I was born in the US. However, I have heard reports that some people have had success with this approach.

Have any Russian-born forks on here successfully gotten a rush Russian Visa on a US passport without providing proof of renouncing their citizenship? If so, what agency did you use?

Any suggestions for other approaches?

TLDR; need to go to Russia in a week or two. Have a US Passport and am a Russian citizen but do not have Russian passport. Looking for any agency that can help and willing to pay whatever crazy fees they impose.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 1:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Pure theory: get a visa to Belarus (into your US passport), fly into Minsk, cross the non-existent border with Russia by car. If stopped inside Russia, you can show your expired int'l Russian passport - worst case you'll get a fine for not renewing your local one.
Obviously this does break some laws.

A more legal approach would be getting a "return travel document" (usually issued when your passport is stolen), flying into Russia with it and then quickly renewing your travel passport. However, you'll pay a lot to get a new passport quickly, and I'm not sure that you can get a return ID at all.

Last edited by Temedar; Sep 26, 2014 at 4:52 am Reason: Added 2nd option

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.