Wiki Posts
Search

Uber in St Petersburg?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta FO
Uber in St Petersburg?

Anyone used it lately? How are the fares compared to std taxis? Promptness? Need to get from the airport to the Hermitage area in a couple days, then need it around town for the following week.

The real challenge will be trying to get my iPhone 5S working with a local SIM card at the airport, so I can use the app
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta FO
Just to update this, Black Car is the only service offered in St Pete. Only a flat rate is available, at 1800 rubles, which is about double the standard taxi rate. I opted to purchase a pre-paid taxi at the desk just prior to the arrivals hall for 1000 rubles.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:02 am
a7m

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.
Originally Posted by richardinmotion
Anyone used it lately? How are the fares compared to std taxis? Promptness? Need to get from the airport to the Hermitage area in a couple days, then need it around town for the following week. The real challenge will be trying to get my iPhone 5S working with a local SIM card at the airport, so I can use the app
On my recent (September) trip to SPB, UBER had practically no available cars--and those that were available were an 1 hour away. We used YandexTaxi app, but it is in Russian only (I think). You can try to use the following sites, which have limited English options:

http://www.777taxi.ru/english.html

http://taxi068.ru/
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: IHG RA - PC Plat - SPG Plat - Hilton Diamond - Sixt Plat
get taxi

www.gettaxi.com is what works best, both in Moscow and in St. Petersburg.
Uber is just launching these months, and they have a very limited avalability of cars, while they test-launch their service.
I always had good experience with gettaxi, as they have a much more omogenous level of service and cars, compared to yandex taxi. The credit card payment doesn't always work for whatever reason, that happens both to me with a foreigner card and to my russian friends.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Also in Russia you have to try Yandex Taxi as well.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by FrankOliver
Also in Russia you have to try Yandex Taxi as well.
Well Uber and Yandex Taxi are merging soon anyways
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:23 am

Uber works and has 3 types of cars available: economy, comfort and black cab. I love the fact that you can pay cash in Uber, so I don't need to pay in Roubles with my US card and get conversions. Apart from Uber you can use: Gett (nice drivers but more expensive on average), Yandex Taxi (like uber, pretty good), and Wheely - business class cars only. There are a few other players but haven't tried them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.