Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Newlywed Dies in Russian Airport 'After Hourlong Wait for Help'

Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium

On an AirEurope flight from Barcelona to Chelyabinsk a 24-year-old man, Artyom Chechikov, suffered a heart attack. Fortunately there were several people on board with medical training. While his fellow passengers attempted to resuscitate him, the pilot made an emergency landing at Moscow's Sheremetyevo.

The airport's medical team met the plane after a 15 minute delay. Worse yet, they arrived with no medical equipment to help the passenger. An ambulance had to be called twice and took more than an hour to arrive.

Chechikov passed away at the airport.

Investigations into the incident have been launched.

His wife plans on suing the airport.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/a...p-/505757.html
Old Aug 25, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Very sad, but no one living in Russia should be surprised by this.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:44 pm

Probably a stamp was missing, or it was black instead of blue.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
A quick repeat: passenger dies on board of LH flight from Frankfurt to Samara after an emergency landing at Moscow Domodedovo. Investigation launched, no reports yet if ground personnel is at fault
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:20 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
This is so sad. He was so young. That being said, he had a far better chance of surviving the incident in Sheremetyevo than at the airport in Chelyabinsk. I've been in and out of that airport many times and it is horrible.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by STBCypriot
This is so sad. He was so young. That being said, he had a far better chance of surviving the incident in Sheremetyevo than at the airport in Chelyabinsk. I've been in and out of that airport many times and it is horrible.
If an ambulance with proper equipment was waiting for him in Cheliabinsk, I bet he would have a far better chance at survival. I am sure there are official procedures in order to let an ambulance on the tarmac in many Russian airports. They just have to be followed, and this is where you typically hit a [proverbial] roadblock in case of Russia.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.