Community
Wiki Posts
Search

7-hour transit at DME

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2014, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

7-hour transit at DME

I have just booked an itinerary UGC-DME-EVN (Urgench-Moscow-Yerevan) on S7 airlines, with approximately 7 hours connection (from 7 AM to 2 PM) at Domodedovo.

I understand I will have no trouble doing a visa-free transit through the international zone (please correct me if I'm wrong), but I am still not especially looking forward to spending such a long time in the airport.

Will there be anywhere to sit and get some work done on my computer or is the place a complete zoo? I'm also wondering if their is an airside currency exchange where I am pick up some Armenian money or some roubles to spend on some delicious airport food.

Thanks for your help!
Old Jul 13, 2014, 12:45 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
The airport might be crowded, but you will have no problems finding a place to sit. Power outlets are scarce. Wifi is free though
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
You should be able to pay for access to the airport business lounge, if you want lounge access and do not otherwise have it (Priority Pass, status or J class); details should be on the DME airport website. There are also a number of airside food options, and as noted free WiFi. As others noted, while the airport may be crowded, it should be fine. There are airside bank machines of you want RUB, though most eating establishments should also take cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.