Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Multi-Passport Visa Question

Old May 25, 2014, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond

I have both American and Guatemalan passports. The Guatemalan one is empty except for a Brazil stamp. The American one is the one I use most of the time. I'll be going to Europe this summer, and heading to St. Pb for a few days in the middle of it.

Guatemalan citizens don't require visa in Russia, but will it raise alarms that I'll be coming from Europe with essentially an empty passport? If they ask questions, will it cause problems that I also have an American passport? Would it help if I use my Guatemalan passport when I first go to western Europe on that trip?
Old May 25, 2014, 11:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
I don't think you have a problem here. Lots of people have dual citizenship, and there are legitimate reasons why you don't have a EU stamp (e.g. airside transit from a non-EU country).
Old May 26, 2014, 2:12 am

I wish I had this problem. Unfortunately both my passports require Russian visas.

The way the process was explained to me was ( by the former United Airlines station manager at DME)

-If you are returning to the US, present both passports at check in.
The reason for this is you need to have a valid Russian visa ( or appropriate document ) to enter and exit the Russian federation, the US passport will facilitate entry back into the United States

-If you are going to a place where a visa is required (with your passport from Guatemala)
Present both documents

-If you are going to a place where a visa is not required with Guatemalan passport
You can present the Guatemalan passport only
Old May 30, 2014, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
I think entering via a major airport you should be fine with this. Know someone who got questioned then allowed in about this but it was at one of the land borders with Mongolia.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.