India (CCU) - Russia ( Moscow) flight options - Need advise

Old May 13, 2014, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Don't think it matters...

Hi Folks,

Need some recommendations..
Looking for flight options between India (Kolkata) and Russja ( Moscow)..
I mostly fly Y class and between 3-4 return trips a year ( so not much but hate for the miles to go to waste)..

Presently I see three possible options :

1. Aeroflot via Delhi. --> This seems to be have the shortest total trip duration and price too..
I am not a member of the SU ffp nor any other ST member. If this is the recommended option, seek advise on which ST ffp is the best to join if looking for easy flight award options with ideally low fuel surcharges..

2. Emirates via Dubai --> Used this route multiple times early 3 years back.. Now I see the fares atleast 35% higher but all the flights are saver, so minimal miles ( 5000) for 1 return trip..

3. Qatar via Doha --> Have again never used this route but the return flight has a long long layover.. If this is the recommended option, seek advise on which OW ffp is the best to join if looking for easy flight award options with ideally low fuel surcharges..

Any other options advisable ?

Cheers,A

Last edited by abhilife2001; May 13, 2014 at 10:37 pm
Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

EK or SU to Moscow

So I have done some more research and now debating between SU and EK..

SU is the cheapest and shortest timings but the corresponding less ffp miles ..
EK has relatively longer layover times but Skywards ffp even though we get 50% miles on average due to them pricing always in Saver..

Think EK is better at the moment considering they also allow 30kgs baggage whereas SU gives 20...hmmm..
Old Jul 15, 2014, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Update post trip

Took EK flights.. though it has a longish ( 4.5 hrs) layover in DXB, still quite decent .. and yeah we get the A388 on the DXB - DME route

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.