Wiki Posts
Search

Car Service in Moscow

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2014, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Car Service in Moscow

I will be arriving in Moscow and would prefer a car service rather than the taxi chaos for my airport transfers and perhaps for half-day of going around the city.

Can anyone recommend a reliable, preferably English speaking outfit ?
Old May 6, 2014, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Braniff
I will be arriving in Moscow and would prefer a car service rather than the taxi chaos for my airport transfers and perhaps for half-day of going around the city.

Can anyone recommend a reliable, preferably English speaking outfit ?
I like Taksi kommandir. Don't let the name taxi mislead you, the cars are all benzes. This would be a car service outfit simmlar in the US
Do a search. They speak English, German and French ( and Russian of course)

Uber also works in Moscow . I had a chance to try this on my last visit.
Old May 7, 2014, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by meFIRST
I like Taksi kommandir. Don't let the name taxi mislead you, the cars are all benzes. This would be a car service outfit simmlar in the US
Do a search. They speak English, German and French ( and Russian of course)

Uber also works in Moscow . I had a chance to try this on my last visit.
How was the price point on Uber?
Old May 7, 2014, 9:19 pm

Comparable to black car rates in the US. Less than NYC. Competitive to Moscow taxi rates. [ not gypsy cab ]

20-25 minutes ( no traffic ) cost me about 600 pyb

Driver ( nice guy) spoke English and Russian.
Mercedes Benz E300 (unmarked)

Gypsy cab would be half of that, less if its a crappy car. You would need to speak Russian for that
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Comparable to black car rates in the US. Less than NYC. Competitive to Moscow taxi rates. [ not gypsy cab ]

20-25 minutes ( no traffic ) cost me about 600 pyb

Driver ( nice guy) spoke English and Russian.
Mercedes Benz E300 (unmarked)

Gypsy cab would be half of that, less if its a crappy car. You would need to speak Russian for that
Trip today that was 3KM and took about 15min cost me 510 pyb. Driver didn't much English.
Cheers
Howie
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:55 am

For those who can muster a bit of Russian, the Yandex Taxi app, is the one to use.
Great prices, fast availability, generally ok cars for personal use ( though not enough to impress clients though).

For that I would use Kommadir, they have higher grades of service / cars. I have never had a bad experience. ( expect to pay for the privilege)
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: UAL Premier Gold, HHonors Gold, B6 Mosaic
For those who can muster a bit of Russian, the Yandex Taxi app, is the one to use.
Great prices, fast availability, generally ok cars for personal use ( though not enough to impress clients though).

For that I would use Kommadir, they have higher grades of service / cars. I have never had a bad experience. ( expect to pay for the privilege)
I'd second the suggestion for the Yandex Taxi app - if you know Russian, or if you can get the assistance of someone who does, it's fast, cheap, and safe in my experience, but probably not the thing to do if you're looking for a black Benz.

If you're going to/from the airport, though, give Aeroexpress a try - it's fully bilingual and a pleasure to use. I love being able to plan my schedule around it (it's very reliable) and not having to worry about getting stuck in yet another Moscow traffic jam.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 8:37 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by gvol21
If you're going to/from the airport, though, give Aeroexpress a try - it's fully bilingual and a pleasure to use. I love being able to plan my schedule around it (it's very reliable) and not having to worry about getting stuck in yet another Moscow traffic jam.
I second the Aeroexpress recommendation, for any airport. Unless it is very early in the morning, I leave for the airport earlier by car than by train.

There are numerous taxi/car services that can be booked, some of which speak English. I find Mostaxi to be quite competitive: not the cheapest, but not expensive, will take Visa/MC if you ask in advance, free WiFi in many cares, generally clean, reliable and professional. There are lots of other companies as well.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My Hostel which was near Tsvetnoy Bulvar arranged a taxi for me to SVO ended up being R1200 and little traffic midday. I wanted to do the Aeroexpress but my back wasn't feeling upto it. Next time I want to give it a whirl though!
Cheers
Howie
Old Jul 15, 2014, 1:22 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
I find Taxi Martex to be quite decent usually.. www.zz.ru

Their rates are per hour wise..1 hr is 720rub, 2 hrs 1440.. airport pickup between 1300 - 1800 rub depending on time of day/night.

Quite decent..Choice of mid size and luxury vehicles possible ..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.