Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Good places to eat and drink in Moscow and St. Petersburg?

Good places to eat and drink in Moscow and St. Petersburg?

Old Dec 26, 2015, 6:51 pm

I travel to Russia about 3 times each year and can honestly say that the food is the best in the world! Two people can dine at a nice restaurant with wine for under $40-50 total.

In Saint Petersburg, I recommend ANY restaurant affiliated with the "Ginza" chain restaurants. http://en.ginza.ru/spb

My personal favorite is "Terrassa". AMAZING views and wonderful food. You will need a reservation. The restaurant features amazing views of the Kazan Cathedral.

Also, you should never have a problem with the language. Most restaurants in the main areas of St. Pete and Moscow have both Russian and English menus.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by dhondtjes
Hello,

I'm planning a vacation to Moscow and St. Petersburg to do this year.
Now I have searched a lot of information about Russia and these two cities.

I would still would like to get some information about some good restaurants and cafes, or other places that are definitely worth it to visit in these cities.

Thanks,

Sincerely,
Kevin
Do try the Soviet-style cafe at the 4th floor of GUM, and GUM is just beside the Red Square. I enjoyed my meals there. Not too expensive too!

Two videos for your reference. First one shows you how to get to the cafe from the ground floor of GUM.

This video shows you what I ate. I could pay using VISA.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Just read the NYT article on the falling ruble. Are things much more affordable than 12 months ago?

Can you recommend some high end places in St. Petersburg for caviar and fish in general?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 9:51 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
My College time friend who has lived in Moscow and St.Pete since the late 1990's is rather fond of the Duo Gastrobar in St.P.

http://duobar.ru

For a traditional Russian approach (but with a modern twist), the PMI Bar might be what you are looking for...

http://pmibar.com

Dunno about caviar (there is only farmed left anyway in Russia) but fish should be good at both locations.

Last edited by mosburger; Jan 31, 2016 at 8:14 am
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:46 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AeroflotA340
Also, you should never have a problem with the language. Most restaurants in the main areas of St. Pete and Moscow have both Russian and English menus.
I wandered into what I thought was a Georgian restaurant slightly southwest of the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour in Moscow. The Russian menu listed Georgian specialties, but the English one had burgers and fries. The prices on the latter were higher too.

Two good reasons why I never eat in touristy areas, regardless of how much I know of the local lingo.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.