Wiki Posts
Search

Russia to allow free visa visit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 4:54 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by Wayfahrer
Do you have some legitimate info on this in plain English?

More than this: http://www.kaliningrad.mid.ru/eng/acc_002.html
(Use Google Cache if needed)
I read a blog post recently outlining this. Couldnt find it now, but its for Schengen nationals, and a few other countries. A quick google gave this http://travel.stackexchange.com/ques...-st-petersburg

Its valid for main airport and the two main land borders with Poland.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
I must note that the link above incorrectly mentions KGD-LED as an international flight
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:19 am

Programs: My travel agent
Do you have some legitimate info on this in plain English?

More than this: http://www.kaliningrad.mid.ru/eng/acc_002.html
(Use Google Cache if needed)
Now the link works again, for your reference.

Originally Posted by skaya
Can we figure this out? I hoped there is some more legitimate info on the whole Internet than another tourist trying to figure it out on another forum. Or we have to resort to the friendly Russian consulate?

(For what do you guys have your credit card concierges for? )
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Now the link works again, for your reference.

Can we figure this out? I hoped there is some more legitimate info on the whole Internet than another tourist trying to figure it out on another forum. Or we have to resort to the friendly Russian consulate?

(For what do you guys have your credit card concierges for? )
Try checking TIMATIC.

Im planning a visit this summer and can report live then
Old May 19, 2014, 11:29 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by gnarly
Surely everyone is in transit unless their final destination is the airport.
I know some FTers would like to stay in airports, but for the most part people would transit to the adjacent city or region?!?!?

I'm sure the Duma won't see it that way.

I'm fairly sure that I won't be able to transit from London to Moscow to Irkutsk either.
I would take this as something similar to many other countries ( UAE / Singapore etc) which give options of transit visa IF you flying thru their airports to another location OUTSIDE their country..
Something like xxx- DXB-xxx or xxx-SIN-xxx.
This is not intended as an alternate to a tourist visa which should be used if visiting any country specifically for tourism.

Ofcourse this is more to promote their airlines (and also get tourism revenue in the process) as now travellers can also visit Russia / Moscow while taking Aeroflot / S7 etc to other countries .. and I believe these airlines are quite competitive on price. Without this option, sometimes very long layovers at Moscow airports were needed and this made taking these airlines unattractive even though the price would be attractive..now you can leave the airport etc and this changes things for many folks IMHO..
Old May 22, 2014, 7:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
What is the cost of the transit visa and it is strictly 72 hours or more like three calendar days? For example, if I arrive at 12pm on the first of the month can I leave at 6pm on the fourth without issue?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Several months after the last post - any update?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by vd0t
Several months after the last post - any update?
Dead In The Water my sources in Moscow and DC tell me. As with a lot of things though, it can resurface in the blink of an eye if the right person/people champion the need.

Until then...we wait.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by danger
What is the cost of the transit visa and it is strictly 72 hours or more like three calendar days? For example, if I arrive at 12pm on the first of the month can I leave at 6pm on the fourth without issue?
usually strictly 72 hrs.. so if ur flight is at 6pm, you can cross immigration before 12pm and that should be fine..
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by woody125
Dead In The Water my sources in Moscow and DC tell me. As with a lot of things though, it can resurface in the blink of an eye if the right person/people champion the need.

Until then...we wait.
Such a shame

But with Cameron comparing Putin to Hitler a couple of days ago I'm not holding my breath. I guess it's time to dig out 10 years of international travel -- at 120 flights a year that's a lot of entries

I read that fingerprints will be required from January too
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by paulwuk
I read that fingerprints will be required from January too
First I've heard of that but in the tit for tat world of Russia/US relations I guess it make sense.

Sigh...
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:15 am

Wow this is great! When will it come into force?? If this is the case, I will always fly via Moscow, plus they are Armenia's closest ally now

Edit: Never mind, with West-Russian relations at all time low, I doubt this will pass. I could just get Armenian passport (would take a week for me since I am entitled to it) and visit Russia unlimited, but then I would be pulled into the military.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
My personal experience,
Having a Slovakian passport, I was flying from Europe to Thailand with a stopover in Moscow, on my return flight I had a 10 hour layover in DME, so after I landed I told myself I have nothing to lose, and proceeded to immigration control, after about 30 minutes of explaining and phone calls, they told me it is not possible.... so, still no 72 hour transit visas
Old May 19, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
It's official now: changing the laws to allow 72-hour visa free transit "postponed indefinitely"
Old May 19, 2015, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Temedar
It's official now: changing the laws to allow 72-hour visa free transit "postponed indefinitely"
Bummer but just keep the 3 year tourist visa thing in tact and I'll be fine. Most of my visa usage now is overnighting in Moscow at the SVO Sheraton anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.