Wiki Posts
Search

What time does my flight arrive/depart? [DME and Russian Daylight Savings Time]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2012, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
What time does my flight arrive/depart? [DME and Russian Daylight Savings Time]

Pre Warning for those travelling to and from Russia on the 28th.. Your flight time may change at the last minute.

Russia last year decided to not put clocks back in October, thus becoming 4 hours behind the UK as opposed to three, returning to 3 in March by not rolling forward.. Plus they changed time zones so VVO was 8 hours ahead of Moscow

Cue lots of complaints, a 10:30 dawn!!

This year, it has been decided that they should rethink that, and the clocks MAY go back.... But it is in "Discussion" in the Duma, with a decision..."soon"

РЖД the Russian Railways has stopped taking any bookings for 28th and after, Girlfriend says Transaero are planning for a clocks back, but cannot say yet and their schedule shows both, with her HKT flight having two arrival times of 10:20 & 11:20.....

Checking English web sites it shows no clocks back, checking in Russian it says probably clocks back.

So be aware . Glad I travel on 25th before this change/not change and back on 13/11 after the potential change!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 2:04 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Marvellous.... I travel on the 26th and again on the 30th. Hopefully sometime between these dates they will decide what they're doing... !!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 6:30 am

Programs: ABBA
It's only an hour's difference. Time everything in GMT and be done with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.