Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Aeroexpress + Taxi Service (Bellorussky and Paveltskaya)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2012, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Anyone use this? Thoughts?

I normally would either call a cab company I like to meet me outside the train station or take the metro. Usually the cab, esp if I have lots of luggage.

But since this is advertised, I'm kind of curious.

Aeroexpress + Taxi
Old May 9, 2012, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by meFIRST
Anyone use this? Thoughts?

I normally would either call a cab company I like to meet me outside the train station or take the metro. Usually the cab, esp if I have lots of luggage.

But since this is advertised, I'm kind of curious.

Aeroexpress + Taxi
If I have a lot of luggage (after arrival in Moscow) I take taxi.
Aeroexpress (&metro) can save lots of your time (...jams).
For getting around Moscow for example to St.Petersburg (8-9 hours) the Sapsan trains are the best choice. The online schedule and ticket service you'll find here (in Russian).
Old May 9, 2012, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Yes, I know that. Frequent visitor.

Has anyone actually used this particular service (the taxi portion) run by the Aeroexpress company?
Old May 19, 2016, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bump

the original link (and i assume that service) is dead - what is the best option to call a taxi for aeroexpress arrival?

I prefer not to take a taxi from the airport (a couple years back it was 2 hr long traffic jam) but i will need it from the train station...
Old May 19, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Uber? If not, then any reasonable taxi service would be happy to pick you at the rail station. There were a few topics on Moscow taxis somewhere..
Old May 20, 2016, 1:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Accor Gold BW Diamond
Uber, Gett and Yandex.Taxi. Download and use.
Old May 22, 2016, 12:14 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Actually if you're not arriving during the rush hour, it's easier to take a taxi straight from the airport. Granted, the last time I did this was at 5 am so traffic was not an issue. All major taxi apps now have flat rates to/from airports and fares are quite competitive. I paid RUB 1050 from VKO to downtown Moscow using YandexTaxi. The cab was right at the airport when I requested the ride (unlike Uber that, as was to be expected, did not have a single car anywhere near). At the current rate this is roughly USD16. Now this is maybe USD5 more expensive than taking the Aeroexpress plus cab from the railway station but saves you a lot of hassle.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Miles & More, Aadvantage
Originally Posted by meFIRST
Yes, I know that. Frequent visitor.

Has anyone actually used this particular service (the taxi portion) run by the Aeroexpress company?

I used this service Aeroexpress + Aeroexpress taxi from Belorusskiy train station. I am speaking Russian that's why I feel like it was easier for me to talk to operator and then find a driver at the train station. I'm not sure if it would be as easy for a non-speaking Russian person.

I think this service only makes sense if you going at prime time when there are a lot of traffic on the way to/from the airport. Any other way it makes more sense just to take an Uber/taxi all the way.

My last time leaving from Sheremetyevo I used Uber for the first time in Moscow and I was pretty impressed. It cost me only 1000 Rubles to get to Yaroslavskiy train station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.