Reload this Page >

Moscow to SVO transfer

Moscow to SVO transfer

Old Mar 18, 2012, 8:07 pm
GAF
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat, SPG Plat, CC gold, ICH Spire
Moscow to SVO transfer

I have a 6AM flight out of SVO. The airport train's first run arrives too late.
What is a reasonable cost and a reliable transfer company. I will be staying at the Intercontinental.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:06 pm

I have been doing research for this as well since I'll be heading to Moscow later in the year.

I found this company (http://english.go-to.ru/) and based on the reviews I have read, they seem pretty squared away and the price is just about right.

Hope this helps.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:26 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

At the end of my upcoming trip to Russia, I depart SVO at 6:30am. I opted to spend my last night at the Park Inn right next to SVO.

http://www.parkinn.com/airporthotel-moscow
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:11 am
GAF
Original Poster

Thanks NASA808 for the website.
I'm going in Sept. Will you let me know how the service was if you go before me.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:16 am
GAF
Original Poster

I'm using Points to Stay at the Intercontinental. The Park Inn for that night is almost $300. I'm trying not to have to pay for that night, just a $40 to $50 early morning transfer.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
im using points to stay at the holiday inn solkolniki.
any tips on how to get there from dme airport?
thanks
Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by GAF
Thanks NASA808 for the website.
I'm going in Sept. Will you let me know how the service was if you go before me.
I'm going in October...maybe I could get a review from you if you decide to go with them.

Safe travels!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:39 pm
GAF
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nasa808
I'm going in October...maybe I could get a review from you if you decide to go with them.

Safe travels!
I'll let you know who I use and my cost.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Most cab companies should charge something like RUB 1000 (roughly, $35) to go from downtown Moscow to SVO. You will need a Russian speaker to call the cab though
Old Mar 21, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
If you don't speak Russian, but want a reliable transfer (although at a more expensive price - about $60) try:

http://eng.komandir.ru/

I usually recommend them for pick ups for people who don't speak Russian because the taxi drivers charge crazy prices at the airport, but they also would be reliable to get you back to SVO.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:28 am
GAF
Original Poster

Thanks everybody for the info. I'm going to try to find a kindly Russian speaker to call a cab for me.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Gold, Omni Black,
Originally Posted by nasa808

Safe travels!
I'm going to Moscow this week and having go-to.ru provide transportation. I'll give a report back in a couple of weeks when I return. I've already paid for roundtrip to and from the Marriott Grand for 2,600 rubles ($89.00)
Old Apr 3, 2012, 7:06 am

Usually the hotels can call a cab for you and negotiate price. Should be $35-50 from center to SVO and traffic should not be that much of a problem that early in the morning. There are very few regular taxis on the street, especially that time of morning, and a Russian that helps you negotiate will likely find a gypsy cab for you.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:13 am

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Gold, Omni Black,
Originally Posted by Hagaphus
I'm going to Moscow this week and having go-to.ru provide transportation. I'll give a report back in a couple of weeks when I return. I've already paid for roundtrip to and from the Marriott Grand for 2,600 rubles ($89.00)
Just returned from Russia. Upon clearing customs, I found a guy with the goto-ru sign, however he wasn't my driver! Looking around, there were no other goto.ru signs. Had to use the information desk (thank goodness the lady spoke english) to call the driver. He finally arrived over 30 minutes late. When we arrived at hotel, I emailed goto-ru and told them of the tardiness. Their response was that the driver was there on time (even though the reservation said 10:30 and he arrived after 11:00). No apology or compensation. Good news is that the driver for the ride back to the airport was on time. Personally, I will not use this service again.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Hagaphus
Just returned from Russia. Upon clearing customs, I found a guy with the goto-ru sign, however he wasn't my driver! Looking around, there were no other goto.ru signs. Had to use the information desk (thank goodness the lady spoke english) to call the driver. He finally arrived over 30 minutes late. When we arrived at hotel, I emailed goto-ru and told them of the tardiness. Their response was that the driver was there on time (even though the reservation said 10:30 and he arrived after 11:00). No apology or compensation. Good news is that the driver for the ride back to the airport was on time. Personally, I will not use this service again.
This is common. Etihad airways limo service is late to/from DME and I've complained personally to the managament.

Emirates is the only reliable airline that provides limo service where things run on time.

I second komander taxi service. Nice cars too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.