Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe including Turkey > Russia
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 18, 12, 8:07 pm   #1
GAF
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NY
Programs: AA LT Plat, SPG Plat, CC gold,ICH Plat
Posts: 57
Moscow to SVO transfer

I have a 6AM flight out of SVO. The airport train's first run arrives too late.
What is a reasonable cost and a reliable transfer company. I will be staying at the Intercontinental.
GAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 12, 12:06 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 112
I have been doing research for this as well since I'll be heading to Moscow later in the year.

I found this company (http://english.go-to.ru/) and based on the reviews I have read, they seem pretty squared away and the price is just about right.

Hope this helps.
nasa808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 12, 10:26 pm   #3
Moderator: Hotel Deals, MilesBuzz and Manufactured Spending
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Between heaven (DCA) and hell (IAD)
Posts: 13,320
At the end of my upcoming trip to Russia, I depart SVO at 6:30am. I opted to spend my last night at the Park Inn right next to SVO.

http://www.parkinn.com/airporthotel-moscow
MileageAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 12, 8:11 am   #4
GAF
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NY
Programs: AA LT Plat, SPG Plat, CC gold,ICH Plat
Posts: 57
Thanks NASA808 for the website.
I'm going in Sept. Will you let me know how the service was if you go before me.
GAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 12, 8:16 am   #5
GAF
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NY
Programs: AA LT Plat, SPG Plat, CC gold,ICH Plat
Posts: 57
I'm using Points to Stay at the Intercontinental. The Park Inn for that night is almost $300. I'm trying not to have to pay for that night, just a $40 to $50 early morning transfer.
GAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 12, 9:01 am   #6
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Programs: United 1k
Posts: 1,052
im using points to stay at the holiday inn solkolniki.
any tips on how to get there from dme airport?
thanks
bryanwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 12, 1:20 pm   #7
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAF View Post
Thanks NASA808 for the website.
I'm going in Sept. Will you let me know how the service was if you go before me.
I'm going in October...maybe I could get a review from you if you decide to go with them.

Safe travels!
nasa808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 12, 4:39 pm   #8
GAF
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NY
Programs: AA LT Plat, SPG Plat, CC gold,ICH Plat
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasa808 View Post
I'm going in October...maybe I could get a review from you if you decide to go with them.

Safe travels!
I'll let you know who I use and my cost.
GAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 12, 8:44 pm   #9
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: MOW
Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), BA Silver, SU, AA, DL nobody
Posts: 1,874
Most cab companies should charge something like RUB 1000 (roughly, $35) to go from downtown Moscow to SVO. You will need a Russian speaker to call the cab though
apoivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 12, 9:22 am   #10
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: DCA
Programs: OZ Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 3,390
If you don't speak Russian, but want a reliable transfer (although at a more expensive price - about $60) try:

http://eng.komandir.ru/

I usually recommend them for pick ups for people who don't speak Russian because the taxi drivers charge crazy prices at the airport, but they also would be reliable to get you back to SVO.
__________________
Synonym's just another word for the one you wanna use.
dcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 12, 7:28 am   #11
GAF
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NY
Programs: AA LT Plat, SPG Plat, CC gold,ICH Plat
Posts: 57
Thanks everybody for the info. I'm going to try to find a kindly Russian speaker to call a cab for me.
GAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 12, 3:14 pm   #12
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond, Omni Platinum
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasa808 View Post
I'm going in October...maybe I could get a review from you if you decide to go with them.

Safe travels!
I'm going to Moscow this week and having go-to.ru provide transportation. I'll give a report back in a couple of weeks when I return. I've already paid for roundtrip to and from the Marriott Grand for 2,600 rubles ($89.00)
Hagaphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 12, 7:06 am   #13
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 20
Usually the hotels can call a cab for you and negotiate price. Should be $35-50 from center to SVO and traffic should not be that much of a problem that early in the morning. There are very few regular taxis on the street, especially that time of morning, and a Russian that helps you negotiate will likely find a gypsy cab for you.
blueelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 12, 5:13 am   #14
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond, Omni Platinum
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagaphus View Post
I'm going to Moscow this week and having go-to.ru provide transportation. I'll give a report back in a couple of weeks when I return. I've already paid for roundtrip to and from the Marriott Grand for 2,600 rubles ($89.00)
Just returned from Russia. Upon clearing customs, I found a guy with the goto-ru sign, however he wasn't my driver! Looking around, there were no other goto.ru signs. Had to use the information desk (thank goodness the lady spoke english) to call the driver. He finally arrived over 30 minutes late. When we arrived at hotel, I emailed goto-ru and told them of the tardiness. Their response was that the driver was there on time (even though the reservation said 10:30 and he arrived after 11:00). No apology or compensation. Good news is that the driver for the ride back to the airport was on time. Personally, I will not use this service again.
Hagaphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 12, 9:34 pm   #15
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagaphus View Post
Just returned from Russia. Upon clearing customs, I found a guy with the goto-ru sign, however he wasn't my driver! Looking around, there were no other goto.ru signs. Had to use the information desk (thank goodness the lady spoke english) to call the driver. He finally arrived over 30 minutes late. When we arrived at hotel, I emailed goto-ru and told them of the tardiness. Their response was that the driver was there on time (even though the reservation said 10:30 and he arrived after 11:00). No apology or compensation. Good news is that the driver for the ride back to the airport was on time. Personally, I will not use this service again.
This is common. Etihad airways limo service is late to/from DME and I've complained personally to the managament.

Emirates is the only reliable airline that provides limo service where things run on time.

I second komander taxi service. Nice cars too.
meFIRST is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:30 pm.